MY Thoughts on the HALO 3 Beta. And a question.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

perfect-dank-0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 perfect-dank-0
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts

I just dont get why they need to release a beta if they are releasing the game this year. I mean does bungie really need the input that bad? Other developers can make awesome 360 and just release them, so why does bungie need to make a beta? And so far halo3 screens havent impressed me. Im more looking forward to shadowrun, unreal tournament, and rare's next fps. I say this because I played halo 1 on original xbox and thought it was terrible.

btw I own a 360 and pdz rules

tooELEET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tooELEET
Member since 2006 • 265 Posts
Since this game is going to be hugely popular, they need to do stress tests on the servers to make sure they don't explode when the game is released.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts
Thinking pd0 rules and halo sucks is certainly divergent from common opinion. I think the halo3 beta is just a gimmick to build up hype for the game.
NismoZZzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NismoZZzz
Member since 2006 • 282 Posts
we all already know our friend's mother's cousin's distant cat is going to be all over this game
crucifine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 crucifine
Member since 2003 • 4726 Posts
Because this is the only one that is going to be played by 12 million people or so, all possibly at the same time.  Other online games are less likely to have as huge of an audience and thus don't require as many testers.  And single player games rarely require more than 20 testers at any given time.  It's like MMO's, really, they need their netcode to work if they're planning on having a huge amount of players.  As well as some new features that will probably have to be tweaked according to user (like video capture, do we do HD or not, do any tv's have an issue with this, etc.)
dreamscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dreamscott
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts
To me your opinion means nothing.. I played Halo 2 every day for over two years. I love the Halo series and I bought Crackdown just for the Halo 3 beta. Again, you really don't know what you are talking about. I bet you will be one of those people who get it in the end anyway and try to pretend it's not good just to try to be different.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

It was just a marketing ploy to boost sales of Crackdown.

-K

dreamscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dreamscott
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts
Yeah, but you know what... I was willing to spend $60 just to be one of the lucky people to play the Halo 3 beta long before the game ships in Nov.
drdrillnfill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#9 drdrillnfill
Member since 2005 • 1756 Posts
I think we all know Halo 3 is going to be awesome, and I think the beta is purely a thing to boost the hype and future sales.
LoserMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LoserMike
Member since 2003 • 4915 Posts
I'm guessing you don't play PC games at all.

Usually PC games beta test until a week before the game is released. They're usually testing to see if any bugs happen during mutli-player or are testing for server stability.