My post update nightmare !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AndyTSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 AndyTSJ
Member since 2003 • 156 Posts
So I installed the 360 update having experienced no issues whatsoever with my 360. Although this is my second 360, I'd had no lockups, no red lights, nothing... Thursday night, I come out of a game of COD4 and at the menu screen the game froze. Weird, so I tried it again... and it froze again. Then I put FIFA 08 in and that froze as well. I'm starting to worry at this point so I put a third game in and the same thing happens. No red lights at this point although I checked the power supply and found it was really very hot, so I turned it off and left it for the rest of the night. Friday night, I arrive home from work, turn the console on and the game again freezes. I turn it off and when I try to turn it on again, I get one red light. I realised that one red light indicated a possible hard drive issue so I unplugged it and tried it without, the same thing happened. I forget the actual E? error number that I received but suffice it to say, within the next 10 mins one red light had become three red lights and that's it. Crazy.... a perfectly fine Xbox 360 in the space of 24 hours was broken and useless.
ps2forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 ps2forever
Member since 2004 • 580 Posts

So I installed the 360 update having experienced no issues whatsoever with my 360. Although this is my second 360, I'd had no lockups, no red lights, nothing... Thursday night, I come out of a game of COD4 and at the menu screen the game froze. Weird, so I tried it again... and it froze again. Then I put FIFA 08 in and that froze as well. I'm starting to worry at this point so I put a third game in and the same thing happens. No red lights at this point although I checked the power supply and found it was really very hot, so I turned it off and left it for the rest of the night. Friday night, I arrive home from work, turn the console on and the game again freezes. I turn it off and when I try to turn it on again, I get one red light. I realised that one red light indicated a possible hard drive issue so I unplugged it and tried it without, the same thing happened. I forget the actual E? error number that I received but suffice it to say, within the next 10 mins one red light had become three red lights and that's it. Crazy.... a perfectly fine Xbox 360 in the space of 24 hours was broken and useless.AndyTSJ

oh man the same thing happend to me man. i just send in my xbox aoubt 1 week ago. and i don't know if i will get it back by christmas....i guess not. it sucks man.

Jericho721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Jericho721
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts
So I installed the 360 update having experienced no issues whatsoever with my 360. Although this is my second 360, I'd had no lockups, no red lights, nothing... Thursday night, I come out of a game of COD4 and at the menu screen the game froze. Weird, so I tried it again... and it froze again. Then I put FIFA 08 in and that froze as well. I'm starting to worry at this point so I put a third game in and the same thing happens. No red lights at this point although I checked the power supply and found it was really very hot, so I turned it off and left it for the rest of the night. Friday night, I arrive home from work, turn the console on and the game again freezes. I turn it off and when I try to turn it on again, I get one red light. I realised that one red light indicated a possible hard drive issue so I unplugged it and tried it without, the same thing happened. I forget the actual E? error number that I received but suffice it to say, within the next 10 mins one red light had become three red lights and that's it. Crazy.... a perfectly fine Xbox 360 in the space of 24 hours was broken and useless.AndyTSJ
time to ship it to microsoft