My mom says I play too many violent video games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LivingReceiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LivingReceiver
Member since 2007 • 298 Posts

God of War, GTA, shooters, boxing, street fighter are only some of the games shes mentioned.

I say "Ma what kind of game is fun without some sort of violence?" and she says....*snickers* get this... "How bout a game with Olympics?"

ROFLMAO!!!! THE OLYMPICS?!?!?!?! BWAHAHAHHAHA. I couldn't stop laughing, Olympic video games suck.

DrKaizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DrKaizer
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts
tell her that games makes you smarter and childs games make you more stupid
luckyluke21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 luckyluke21
Member since 2006 • 542 Posts

ask her why she bought you the console the answer should be cos i wanted you to have fun so say exactly i ave fun by playin violent games but i dont actually go out and kill people and if ur under 18 that means she is buying u them so why is she buying u them if she doesnt want you playing them

ha who plays olympics and there are olympic games out there but there borin

SirCokerThe1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SirCokerThe1st
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts

The reason why we play violent video games is to keep it in the game, and not bring it out to real life.

Knubbz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Knubbz360
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
:lol:
Chaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chaism
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts

So for you to feel good about yourself you have to kill something? Does that mean every movie needs violence then, Every poem or book needs to focus on dismemberment of bodies?

I think it is a scary world where in order to get some sort of pleasure one has to deal great acts of violence to get any reacation in there brain. Yet at the same time people cry foul at the girl who is nude in a picture or at the mere idea of having two people show love on the tv for all to see.

But on the other hand seeing two people kill each other and then devour each others flesh is much better for the world. Imagine a world where people think humans are beautiful and people to be encouraged to reproudce I shudder at this thought.

So I say we need more violence. Humans are bodies of meat meant to be slaughtered and feasted upon by others not for showing love to.

LivingReceiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LivingReceiver
Member since 2007 • 298 Posts
Yeah I actually bought my consoles. She just doesn't understand what attracts me to video games with violence. I still love the classics like Mario and Zelda, but even Zelda she thought was bad, but only cause the one time she saw me playing it I was slashing the chicken with my sword then I bombed it
03mareed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 03mareed
Member since 2005 • 698 Posts
TELL HER TO GO GET CHAINSAWED OF A SPLICER!
flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts

Lol, my dad doesn't like me playing violent games like Gears but I says its only killing aliens.

But if he saw me playing with a girl with a skimpy bikini,he would throw me off mi console

Doesn't make sense :S

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

So for you to feel good about yourself you have to kill something? Does that mean every movie needs violence then, Every poem or book needs to focus on dismemberment of bodies?

I think it is a scary world where in order to get some sort of pleasure one has to deal great acts of violence to get any reacation in there brain. Yet at the same time people cry foul at the girl who is nude in a picture or at the mere idea of having two people show love on the tv for all to see.

But on the other hand seeing two people kill each other and then devour each others flesh is much better for the world. Imagine a world where people think humans are beautiful and people to be encouraged to reproudce I shudder at this thought.

So I say we need more violence. Humans are bodies of meat meant to be slaughtered and feasted upon by others not for showing love to.

Chaism

Wow, great points, great post in general. I don't think any more needs to be said in this topic.

Chaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chaism

Lol, my dad doesn't like me playing violent games like Gears but I says its only killing aliens.

But if he saw me playing with a girl with a skimpy bikini,he would throw me off mi console

flowdee79

Saddly like my post above talked about your not alone in this thinking. It is a huge issue for me dealing with this kind of thinking.

I suggest next time with that thinking for your dad. If you see a cute girl on the road tell him how much you would love to slice and dice her and keep her body frozen in the freezer. If he looks at you oddly just say isn't that what your teaching by hiding sexuality from me and encouraging violence.

P.S The scary thing is if you research this you see a ton in the pyschology department suggesting in 10 years violence against women will be double then what is now in the states. As it is allready double of what it was a couple decades back. Womens abuse shelters are litteraly overfilled in most cities.

Oh well more abuse against women for all.Great times to be had for all in the coming years if you enjoy slapping someone around. But don't you dare show your son or daughter a adult flim that would just ruin society.

Avatar image for brandonthesaint
brandonthesaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#12 brandonthesaint
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts

Tell your mom what I told mine. Video games are just pixels and they will not have an effect in my life. Mom I will not go on a killing spree because I play Unreal Tournement or Gears of War. I just find this a way to relax.

DrKaizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DrKaizer
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts

TELL HER TO KOINDLY GO GETT STEPPET ON BAY A BIG DATTY, OR JAST HIT HER WITH A FISTFOLLA LOIGHTNIN!!!11 03mareed

fix'd by Atlas for lols

flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 flowdee79
[QUOTE="flowdee79"]

Chaism

Saddly like my post above talked about your not alone in this thinking. It is a huge issue for me dealing with this kind of thinking.

I suggest next time with that thinking for your dad. If you see a cute girl on the road tell him how much you would love to slice and dice her and keep her body frozen in the freezer. If he looks at you oddly just say isn't that what your teaching by hiding sexuality from me and encouraging violence.

I would feel too uncomfortable saying that. Anyway Ill get an LCD TV for my birthday so I can play games in my bedroom, and he can't tell me what to do then :)

FreakyDeacky2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FreakyDeacky2
Member since 2006 • 1177 Posts
lol my mom got worried only once she wouldnt let me get the ps1 version of CNC red alert till another kid said it was over rated, lol but GTA1 and 2 was fine before that rofl
Gedden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gedden
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts
[QUOTE="flowdee79"]

Chaism

P.S The scary thing is if you research this you see a ton in the pyschology department suggesting in 10 years violence against women will be double then what is now in the states. As it is allready double of what it was a couple decades back. Womens abuse shelters are litteraly overfilled in most cities.

Oh well more abuse against women for all.Great times to be had for all in the coming years if you enjoy slapping someone around. But don't you dare show your son or daughter a adult flim that would just ruin society.

I couldn't agree more. Our society is more tolerant of violence then sex. That's just backass words.
flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 flowdee79
[QUOTE="flowdee79"]

Chaism

Im a pretty nice guy. I would never hurt a woman for no reason. I have morals. But the same can't be said for a man. Im not talking about killing, I just mean getting into a fight. Ive been subjected to a lot of violence via video games but I tend to enjoy the concept of stringing many kills together as a form of skill rather than demented enjoyment

Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts
Guess I'm the only guy here thinking it's a good thing parents taking an active roll in what there children play. Kids shoundnt be playing Godof War or DOA beach volley ball.Anyways I wasnt allowed to play any violent games as a kid... heck I wasnt even allowed to have a squirt gun. But then again.... I grew up with the Atari, Nes, Snes, and Genesis, and non of those consoles are known for there violent games.... so guess my video gaming wasnt effected as much by parents sensoring.
ianfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ianfan
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Yeah, if you're here talking about your mom and dad's opinions on your video games...maybe you are too young to be playing them.

They should be having a say in what media you are consuming if you're a minor. I can see the arguement that they shouldn't be complaining about what you play only if you are making the starting assumption that they did their job and filtered whatever is you got to begin with, i.e. they should know what you are going to play before you play it if they are truely doing their job as parents. If they just bought you a next-gen system and let you as a minor go hog wild on mature rated games (Gears, DOA beach Volly, Halo 3, etc.) without knowing ahead of time what they are giving you, they are not doing their job as parents.

Raider762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Raider762
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts

My mom tried the same thing and I told her that she was wrong and that they are just video games, and luckily my dad sided with me. Just tell her that shes wrong w/out swearing and keep playing the violent video games. Eventually she might give up and not care, if you want to offend her more try Postal 2;)

Raider762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Raider762
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts

My mom tried the same thing and I told her that she was wrong and that they are just video games, and luckily my dad sided with me. Just tell her that shes wrong w/out swearing and keep playing the violent video games. Eventually she might give up and not care, if you want to offend her more try Postal 2;)

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

my parents don't care what i play and i'm 21 so that can't do anything about it anyway

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 F1sTDaCuffS
Member since 2005 • 2570 Posts

God of War, GTA, shooters, boxing, street fighter are only some of the games shes mentioned.

I say "Ma what kind of game is fun without some sort of violence?" and she says....*snickers* get this... "How bout a game with Olympics?"

ROFLMAO!!!! THE OLYMPICS?!?!?!?! BWAHAHAHHAHA. I couldn't stop laughing, Olympic video games suck.

LivingReceiver

do yourself a favor, go outside and make some new friends. before you know it youll be sixty still in yor moms basement. hahaha.

BongMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 BongMonkey
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts
if you go out in real life and copy video games or movies etc. you have more serious issues to worry about and avoiding bad influences probably won't help because your going to see one sooner or later.
Chaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chaism

Guess I'm the only guy here thinking it's a good thing parents taking an active roll in what there children play. Kids shoundnt be playing Godof War or DOA beach volley ball.Anyways I wasnt allowed to play any violent games as a kid... heck I wasnt even allowed to have a squirt gun. But then again.... I grew up with the Atari, Nes, Snes, and Genesis, and non of those consoles are known for there violent games.... so guess my video gaming wasnt effected as much by parents sensoring.Giff1988

Honestly if I take out the account im a female or a scholar in the way people think and why everyone does the things they do. I approve of games like DOA Volleyball in fact i'll rather give my child a game that features sex over violence any day of the week no matter how old they are. A sexual compulsion is far better good to humans then a violent compulsion.

What westeren society influenced by Christianity and money(politics) does not understand is that masking sex with violence is not a positive thing. Yet westeren society is among the few that have done this very recently in human records.

The Romans embraced sexuality so did all early cilviviations it was not until in the past 100 years sex has become a thing of Taboo in westeren thinking. Mainly because now we have so much knowledge we fancy our selves gods and think humans giving birth later is batter.

Even though many studies show women get high rates of breast cancer now from to much estrogen where our bodies naturally produce a chemical to help even it out at brith many girls now mature earlier and have kids much later. So it actually raises diseases in women.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#27 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Honestly, just tell her that the violence doesnt effect you. I was playing violent game when I was 11 and 12, and my parents were concerned. I just told them that they didnt really effect me, and it doesnt blur the line between reality and fantasy. That was one of the few times I told the truth to my parents.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#28 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
[QUOTE="LivingReceiver"]

F1sTDaCuffS

do yourself a favor, go outside and make some new friends. before you know it youll be sixty still in yor moms basement. hahaha.

Nice..............

marcus4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 marcus4hire
Member since 2003 • 2684 Posts

[QUOTE="03mareed"]TELL HER TO KOINDLY GO GETT STEPPET ON BAY A BIG DATTY, OR JAST HIT HER WITH A FISTFOLLA LOIGHTNIN!!!11 DrKaizer

fix'd by Atlas for lols

Would you kindly??

Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts

[QUOTE="Giff1988"]Guess I'm the only guy here thinking it's a good thing parents taking an active roll in what there children play. Kids shoundnt be playing Godof War or DOA beach volley ball.Anyways I wasnt allowed to play any violent games as a kid... heck I wasnt even allowed to have a squirt gun. But then again.... I grew up with the Atari, Nes, Snes, and Genesis, and non of those consoles are known for there violent games.... so guess my video gaming wasnt effected as much by parents sensoring.Chaism

Honestly if I take out the account im a female or a scholar in the way people think and why everyone does the things they do. I approve of games like DOA Volleyball in fact i'll rather give my child a game that features sex over violence any day of the week no matter how old they are. A sexual compulsion is far better good to humans then a violent compulsion.

What westeren society influenced by Christianity and money(politics) does not understand is that masking sex with violence is not a positive thing. Yet westeren society is among the few that have done this very recently in human records.

The Romans embraced sexuality so did all early cilviviations it was not until in the past 100 years sex has become a thing of Taboo in westeren thinking. Mainly because now we have so much knowledge we fancy our selves gods and think humans giving birth later is batter.

Even though many studies show women get high rates of breast cancer now from to much estrogen where our bodies naturally produce a chemical to help even it out at brith many girls now mature earlier and have kids much later. So it actually raises diseases in women.

I'm not saying sex is worser then violence. I think both should be held under scrutiny and violence is yes far worse then sex. But still...I mean come on, when we have to have sex ed for thirteen year olds because Children are having sex something is seriously wrong in are society.

I mean the Roman's embraced early sex because your life expectancy and birth rate were so low and women were nothing more then objects of sex back then.... we dont have that problem in today's society. Also I believe giving young adolescent males this kinda of stuff will be bad for women. Now these guys will just look at women as nothing more than objects of lust.

So my opinion yes violence is worser then Sex but.... Sex is not something we should just be care free about, especially with the issues of STD's and teen pregnancy.

RawhideSphinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RawhideSphinx
Member since 2004 • 527 Posts

I don't think playing violent games make a person violent or angry. I play violent games all the time.

Now F%#& off you piece of s*%*, you *#&@& *#&$&&#&&$$#*#&$&$*#&#&#*$&*##*&$#*$&*$$*$&.......................

We are currently having technical difficulties please stand by.

Chaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chaism
[QUOTE="Chaism"]

[QUOTE="Giff1988"]Guess I'm the only guy here thinking it's a good thing parents taking an active roll in what there children play. Kids shoundnt be playing Godof War or DOA beach volley ball.Anyways I wasnt allowed to play any violent games as a kid... heck I wasnt even allowed to have a squirt gun. But then again.... I grew up with the Atari, Nes, Snes, and Genesis, and non of those consoles are known for there violent games.... so guess my video gaming wasnt effected as much by parents sensoring.Giff1988

I'm not saying sex is worser then violence. I think both should be held under scrutiny and violence is yes far worse then sex. But still...I mean come on, when we have to have sex ed for thirteen year olds because Children are having sex something is seriously wrong in are society.

I mean the Roman's embraced early sex because your life expectancy and birth rate were so low and women were nothing more then objects of sex back then.... we dont have that problem in today's society. Also I believe giving young adolescent males this kinda of stuff will be bad for women. Now these guys will just look at women as nothing more than objects of lust.

So my opinion yes violence is worser then Sex but.... Sex is not something we should just be care free about, especially with the issues of STD's and teen pregnancy.

I agree, I just used quick parts of your statement then was a long winded response sadly when you teach this sort of stuff and writing a book on it hard to just turn it all off.

First point, Not really sex at thrirtenn like I said the post is actually good for our bodies. Maybe not our culture but for our bodies yes. Remember for thousands of years women gave birth at 13 it is only within the 1900's this has stoped. our bodies have not had the time to get used to these changes. So our bodies are still made to have kids at 13 so when you have kids at 33 it throws your body of balance which like I stated leads to breast cancer.

Secondly,True women were sex objects but many Romans did not even have sex with there women but with other free men, Embracing sexuality was a great way to great soldiers and land. Though I previously mentioned showing more violence and hiding sex causes more abuse of women. Then what you would think. It encourages the stereotype in society that men are strong and should be violent which is what we teach our kids by hiding sexuality.

Thirdly, I agree on a personal level I think girls should wait. However on a global level if humanity is to survive it is better off for everyone to be sex crazed then it is for the society to be violent crazed.

Bottom line. IF all the world was focused on sexuality it is leaps and bounds better then what it seems people are trying to make where violence is fine and encouraged but sexuality is against our "ethics" so therefore is bad but showing people killing each other is ok.

xbxjetraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#33 xbxjetraider
Member since 2004 • 1522 Posts

LivingReceiver

Conduct research on the games you play.

Ask yourself if the games you're playing increases violent behavior and tendencies.

If you believe that there is a co-relation between the games you play, and your grades, collect data that supports your theory.

Your responses to her statements only demonstrate childish ignorance. Show her that playing those games are beneficial, rather than violating ESRB guidlines.

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts

Well just make sure she knows how youre able to distinquish fantasy violence from reality violence, it also wouldnt hurt to tell her that video games have been proven to help in hand-eye coordination.

Good luck

My mom doesnt care what I play thank god.

Falserthan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Falserthan
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts
what is the difference between fantasy violence and reality violence. I'm not asking a stupid question, but everyone always says stuff like that, but never themselves actually defines them. I mean besides the fact that fantasy is not really hurting another living thing. I mean from the standpoint of a person what is the difference.
CDWJUSTIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 CDWJUSTIN
Member since 2003 • 2078 Posts
tell her to spank you every night befor you go to bed...
Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts
[QUOTE="Giff1988"][QUOTE="Chaism"]

[QUOTE="Giff1988"]Guess I'm the only guy here thinking it's a good thing parents taking an active roll in what there children play. Kids shoundnt be playing Godof War or DOA beach volley ball.Anyways I wasnt allowed to play any violent games as a kid... heck I wasnt even allowed to have a squirt gun. But then again.... I grew up with the Atari, Nes, Snes, and Genesis, and non of those consoles are known for there violent games.... so guess my video gaming wasnt effected as much by parents sensoring.Chaism

I agree, I just used quick parts of your statement then was a long winded response sadly when you teach this sort of stuff and writing a book on it hard to just turn it all off.

First point, Not really sex at thrirtenn like I said the post is actually good for our bodies. Maybe not our culture but for our bodies yes. Remember for thousands of years women gave birth at 13 it is only within the 1900's this has stoped. our bodies have not had the time to get used to these changes. So our bodies are still made to have kids at 13 so when you have kids at 33 it throws your body of balance which like I stated leads to breast cancer.

Secondly,True women were sex objects but many Romans did not even have sex with there women but with other free men, Embracing sexuality was a great way to great soldiers and land. Though I previously mentioned showing more violence and hiding sex causes more abuse of women. Then what you would think. It encourages the stereotype in society that men are strong and should be violent which is what we teach our kids by hiding sexuality.

Thirdly, I agree on a personal level I think girls should wait. However on a global level if humanity is to survive it is better off for everyone to be sex crazed then it is for the society to be violent crazed.

Bottom line. IF all the world was focused on sexuality it is leaps and bounds better then what it seems people are trying to make where violence is fine and encouraged but sexuality is against our "ethics" so therefore is bad but showing people killing each other is ok.

I am not sure where you are getting your facts from but it seems to me that your are just stating a bunch of false truisims. No, girls bodies were not designed to give birth at age 13, in fact there are serious health reprocutions if they do so. No, people now do not magically live longer, high infant mortality rate and epidemics would have brought their averages down. I am not surewhy you think that western civilization is the only one that has taboos about sex when there are plenty of examples ofsuch suppression through out the world, particularly I would thinkwith the issue of FGM intraditional African societies it historically has been on par or worse there. Also I don't see how you can say that the Greeks or Romans were open when they both practiced slavery and held constant wars in which mass murder was easily acceptable. In regards to their sexuality Greeks favoured young boys, imagine being 12and having no choice but to have relations with some gross old man?You also have to remember that we only know about the lifestyles of the elite and very little about those of day to day people, it is easy to imagine that their views would be very different.

As for the whole sex vs. violence I would not think that any of them taken to an extreme would be a good thing, nor can you just isolate an aspect of a persons life and replace it with something else, you mentioned that Christianity replaces sex with violence but many of histories most violent persona's were known for their sexual appetite and weren't willing to take nofor an answer.Also have you ever met people and the only way that they can hold a conversation is by recounting how many girls they have been with, or who is hot and why or what would happen if her asswas replaced with her face?In the end I thinkboth sex and violence are fun and can be combined together in some greatkinky ways that I am totally not into but that being saidthere are far more important things in life, I mean you can have sex with anyone or anything but how many people can you love and trust for them to do the same? And let me tell you you will never realise how important friends and a home are until you find yourself in a completely different place without either.

Hermitkermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#38 Hermitkermit
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts

Games are meant to entertain, and if that means killing a few pixel people then so be it!

Take for example those movies, or even the news, What kind of a person would do something He or She saw on TV Instinctively?

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts
Well in the DK, there are basically no age restrictions for the games, a 6 year old could walk right into EB games, smash 300 DKK's on the desk and buy manhunt... god i love my country :) haha
Chaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chaism

I am not sure where you are getting your facts from but it seems to me that your are just stating a bunch of false truisims. No, girls bodies were not designed to give birth at age 13, in fact there are serious health reprocutions if they do so. No, people now do not magically live longer, high infant mortality rate and epidemics would have brought their averages down. I am not surewhy you think that western civilization is the only one that has taboos about sex when there are plenty of examples ofsuch suppression through out the world, particularly I would thinkwith the issue of FGM intraditional African societies it historically has been on par or worse there. Also I don't see how you can say that the Greeks or Romans were open when they both practiced slavery and held constant wars in which mass murder was easily acceptable. In regards to their sexuality Greeks favoured young boys, imagine being 12and having no choice but to have relations with some gross old man?You also have to remember that we only know about the lifestyles of the elite and very little about those of day to day people, it is easy to imagine that their views would be very different.

As for the whole sex vs. violence I would not think that any of them taken to an extreme would be a good thing, nor can you just isolate an aspect of a persons life and replace it with something else, you mentioned that Christianity replaces sex with violence but many of histories most violent persona's were known for their sexual appetite and weren't willing to take nofor an answer.Also have you ever met people and the only way that they can hold a conversation is by recounting how many girls they have been with, or who is hot and why or what would happen if her asswas replaced with her face?In the end I thinkboth sex and violence are fun and can be combined together in some greatkinky ways that I am totally not into but that being saidthere are far more important things in life, I mean you can have sex with anyone or anything but how many people can you love and trust for them to do the same? And let me tell you you will never realise how important friends and a home are until you find yourself in a completely different place without either.

Nikalai_88

First off great argument's all around and good points on each subject; I am going to take a bit of foresight and think one as knowledge as you are also agree with science so please bare that in mind for my counter points.

However let me first begin with that according to natural selection. According to Radiologist Boyd Eaton of Emory University taken from a article entitled Dr.Darwin in the book Psychical Anthropology 07/ 08; A forging life-style is a life style where the menstrual cycle start earlier the first child is also born earlier and there are more children being born. The children are also breast fed for years not months. American women today experience 3.5 times more menstrual cycles compared to our ancestors over 10.000 years ago.Now what is important is that each cycle the woman's body is flooded with estrogen and breast cancer as research has proven is very much estrogen related.

So I am indeed correct in saying younger pregnancy helps fight off breast cancer. As studying hunting gather tribes that are still around is the closet we can come to studying how we were 10,00 years ago. Now if women then had birth younger and more children which slowed down the menstrual cycles.

FACT: Women today are 10 to 100 times, depending how you look at the data,more likely to develop breast cancer then our ancient ancestors were due to 3.5 times more menstrual cycles from later births and less kids.

Secondly, I am not sure what your overall point here is. The only question is do you favor Violence or Sexuality. Now I focus on Western cultures because I have only studied Western cultures and to say I know eastern would be false. Now one only has to take a look at our media. Ask your selves these questions.

1. How many times is CSI on and how many times do they show dead bodies and violence?

2. How many shows during prime time focus on fighting or violence?

3. How much violence blood are you allowed in a R movie?

Now ask your selves this.

1. How many times can a person be nude in CSI?

2.How many shows during prime time can a person be nude?

3. How much nudity is allowed in a R moive?

That is right you can clearly see that in America we mask sexuality with violence. I am not asking for you to give me reasons on them.

I ask you what do you want to show your kids two people killing each other. Or two people showing love. What is scary is most people are showing there young kids extreme violence and hiding sexuality.

PS: I read your sig, Funny how we both mention Nietzsche.

PSS: Im not sure about your comments about the without a family and friends and home, Quick back story I was emotionally and psychically abused from age 6 to 16 by my family. I still have cigarette burns and cuts on my body. I also am one of the youngest in the american sociological association.

So no I do not think family and friends and a safe home is required for a person to be great. OR that I miss my family so I heavily disagree there.

herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 herbie12282
Member since 2002 • 2861 Posts
chaism i think your posts are blog material. no offense meant by that BTW.
Chaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chaism

chaism i think your posts are blog material. no offense meant by that BTW.herbie12282
Agreeed, made a blod just now about it. I apologize for going off topic in my last post a bit.Just I was called out on my facts being wrong so had to defend them with proof of there legitimacy.

But it is interesting how it seems really very few posts attualy care if the kids play M rated games. In fact it almost seems like others have said having a M game makes it cooler.

bobnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bobnuts
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
thats hella funny my mom ontly lets me play violent viedogames she sais that nonviolent viedogames suck execept sports