My Halo 3 experience...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RookWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 RookWolf
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts

Twas short I'm afraid...

Well yesterday I bought Halo 3 with high hopes, perhaps this time the BS and fanboyism on the Internet may have been true... so I purchased the game not knowing what to expect... I never played a Halo game before so I didn't expect to get most of the story but I just wanted a good shooter...

So I bring it home and spin it up in the 360 and try some Co-op split screen... I've seen some good co-op games in the past... like Resistance for example and GoW...the first cutscene wasn't bad... graphics are a little fuzzy but hey that's the 360... then to my suprise I notice on my HD TV that instead of staying at 16:10 it drops to 4:3 and almost half the TV is wasted and this little image is split in two making it almost next to impossible to see... but I digress... to be honest I still gave it a chance and last night my friend and I played through the entire game it took about 6 hours, which I found kinda light but I heard the MP redemed it...

So this morning I load up the MP and try out a match or two... well this time I played just one person on the system so it was nice and 16:10 I really got the chance to see the guns... the colours are horrible... it looks like the Covant's machine gun was textured by Crayola...

And then the match got going... after some really werid physic **** ups with the warthog in MP and some rather odd lag which of course cannot be blamed on the programming of the game... lag always happens so it didn't effect how I felt...

Well then I got a taste of the Halo 3 community... pre-teens screaming the N word and die, die, die... into the mic at ear pitching volumes that would make one of the little screaming guys from GoW sound like paradise... wasn't this game rated M?

So disgusted by both the community and the parents of some of these children I resolved to do two things...

1) Go back to EB games trade in Halo 3 and pick up the Orange Box for the computer which is installing now...

2) Resolve to never allow my 12 year old if I have one, one day, to use the voice chat in a video game...

Bio_Sm0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Bio_Sm0g
Thats why many of us play without the headset. Go to settings and voice / communication and you can global mute voice communication.. tahts what i do. It really doesnt take away from the game play cuz i can still hear the gun fire, and Halo 3 sound effects... just takes out the annoying screams of kiddies. You'll also find this in COD4 and GoW, least its what I have experienced.
sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 sk8ter33157
Member since 2003 • 3606 Posts

Honestly, most of those are problems on your end. My 360's graphics are never "fuzzy," they are always very crisp and sharp. Yes, some of the screen is wasted in co op but (at least on my tv) it doesnt run in 4:3. And I believe the texture issue may be your tv.....

Also, the immaturity of the community is vastly overemphasized. I have barely experienced the racism and screaming so many people complain about. Plus you can mute them, so it honeslty is your fault if you continue to listen to them

RookWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 RookWolf

Honestly, most of those are problems on your end. My 360's graphics are never "fuzzy," they are always very crisp and sharp. Yes, some of the screen is wasted in co op but (at least on my tv) it doesnt run in 4:3. And I believe the texture issue may be your tv.....

sk8ter33157

If you're used to playing games on the PC with a 8800 GTS Halo 3 looks fuzzy, trust me.

Zero-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Zero-Pirate
Member since 2003 • 2156 Posts

Also, the immaturity of the community is vastly overemphasized. I have barely experienced the racism and screaming so many people complain about. Plus you can mute them, so it honeslty is your fault if you continue to listen to them

sk8ter33157

I completely agree with this. I have been playing the game since launch, and I've only ever needed to mute 5 or 6 people. I rarely play in ranked matches, so maybe the people in social matches are a little more chilled out.

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
Good to read you have good reasons.