my disk tray won't open.....kinda

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xboxgamefx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 xboxgamefx
Member since 2005 • 782 Posts
When i turn on my 360 and open the disk tray, it won't come out. It'll come out if i press the button and give the tray a little push to get it to come out. My other way was waiting for it to say it is reading on the screen and then press it a second time and it'll open. It always comes out the second time. Does anyone else have this problem? I can get it fixed at the store i bought it cause i have warranty but it'll take me about 40 minutes to drive there.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
both me and my friend have had this problem. it usually opens when i push on the side of the disc tray that is closest to the open button. my warranty from eb is almost up though so i'm gonna go get a new one soon anyways.
linkrul3s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 linkrul3s
Member since 2006 • 1954 Posts
I'd be safe and fix it. It happened with my original Xbox and since I didn't fix it my Halo 1 became trapped inside because my sister leaves games in the system thinking it is a Gameboy. :PLuckily then I fixed it. :)
xboxgamefx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xboxgamefx

both me and my friend have had this problem. it usually opens when i push on the side of the disc tray that is closest to the open button. my warranty from eb is almost up though so i'm gonna go get a new one soon anyways.wreak

Would u have to give them ur HDD? or just get another 360

xboxgamefx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xboxgamefx

I'd be safe and fix it. It happened with my original Xbox and since I didn't fix it my Halo 1 became trapped inside because my sister leaves games in the system thinking it is a Gameboy. :PLuckily then I fixed it. :)linkrul3s

Its already been like this for at least 4 months and it doesnt get COMPLETELY stuck.

F0R3V3RM0R3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 F0R3V3RM0R3
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts
Same problem here.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts

[QUOTE="wreak"]both me and my friend have had this problem. it usually opens when i push on the side of the disc tray that is closest to the open button. my warranty from eb is almost up though so i'm gonna go get a new one soon anyways.xboxgamefx

Would u have to give them ur HDD? or just get another 360

oh hells no, you just give them the parts of the console you want to, so realy i wouldn't have to give them back any of my cables if i didn't want to.

andz5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 andz5
Member since 2004 • 135 Posts
I also have had this problem for quite some time now. I don't make much a big deal about it, cause whatever screws up I hope is covered by a warrenty. If not it's not really a big deal because I want to get a new one with those fancy HDMI ports anyway. :)
BasJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BasJay
Member since 2005 • 87 Posts
been having this problem now for little over a month doesnt seem to effect me much i just press it again and it comes out fine seems like the faceplate is making it stay in but i dont know my flaceplate is on good oh well its better then a red ring
thepowerrulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thepowerrulz
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts
I found the same problem, but only when the 360 was vertical. When it was lying down flat it didn't do it.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts
The the Xbox 360 disc tray is made from cheapparts from China. My disc tray won't open on the first try either. Howeverit is a minor probelm at best. When the 65nm chips come into production I'll upgrade to anElite and trade in mycurrent Xbox 360. Hopefully MS will work on improving theDisc trayissues? Thedisc tray hasn't completely died on me yet. For now it opens, Sort of.Microsoft when youget around to designing XBox 3 No more cheap parts from China.OK?
Banned2x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Banned2x
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts
i have the same problem but i really dont care as long as i can play the game im good :)
fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 160

#13 fazio93
Member since 2005 • 2940 Posts

[QUOTE="linkrul3s"]I'd be safe and fix it. It happened with my original Xbox and since I didn't fix it my Halo 1 became trapped inside because my sister leaves games in the system thinking it is a Gameboy. :PLuckily then I fixed it. :)xboxgamefx

Its already been like this for at least 4 months and it doesnt get COMPLETELY stuck.

it usually gets worse over time

edflam311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 edflam311
Member since 2006 • 1806 Posts
I've got the same problem, only happens occasionally so i'm not worried yet.
FreeMan5407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FreeMan5407
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts
i have the same problem ,seriously. the 360 have a very crappy hardware
ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 ArsenicA
Member since 2007 • 1446 Posts
i had that problem with ma original XboX so i had to leave a game inside all tha time so i could open it
Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Packt
Member since 2004 • 3380 Posts
Mine does this aswell. Seems the disc tray has warped a bit, gotta push it to the side for it to pop out sometimes.
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

i had hte same problem. i had to hit it with my thumbs to get it to open. it progressively got worse, although not that bad. someone on my friendslist said he had to do it 50+ times once for his.

now i have a different 360 cause of red lights, so the problem is gone....for now

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts
i had the same problem with a ps2 disc drive the ps2 one ran on these two bars it slid on so i had to open it up and spray wd40 on it but idk if the 360 works the same way
lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 lacrimosamo
Member since 2005 • 691 Posts

I just had the same problem with the replacement unit I got from MS after the red lights. I called them again and now I'm waiting for my third 360.

kahuna_socom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kahuna_socom
Member since 2006 • 111 Posts

I've had two 360 with this problem. It seems like they open when there is a disk inside the tray, but when the tray is empty it's tappy-tappy time.getyeryayasout

Exactly the same with me. It seems like the 360 has gotten used to the weight of a disk in it's tray or something like that.

alextrox69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alextrox69
Member since 2005 • 342 Posts
i hope someone finds a way to fix this. it gets annoying at times. i know that 360's have different dvd drives. i think there benq, toshiba, and something else i dont remember. maby its related to a specific drive
fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 160

#24 fazio93
Member since 2005 • 2940 Posts

i hope someone finds a way to fix this. it gets annoying at times. i know that 360's have different dvd drives. i think there benq, toshiba, and something else i dont remember. maby its related to a specific drivealextrox69

most are hitachi like wat i have which heat up discs like crazy. the new chip 360s should have new drives also

gearsvscod3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gearsvscod3
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

more info

alextrox69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 alextrox69
Member since 2005 • 342 Posts
OH my god...my drive is getting more and more anoying.
parshanb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 parshanb
Member since 2004 • 1347 Posts
I have the same problem, each time I have to take the faceplate off, smack the 360, and play with it (with knives) for it to come out, usually takes 15 each time. Also scratched my COD4 disk.
tupling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tupling
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I know this thread is really hold but i have figured out why our xbox have this problem with the disc tray.. For some reason (haven't figured it out yet) the laser magnet wont release the top magnet that holds the disc in place while it spens, Yes it will release when there is a disc in the tray but when it is justing magnet to magnet it will not release.... which is causing the tray to get caught up in the megnets!