My disk or my 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts

I recently bought madden 09, and sometimes when I put it in the drive it tends to not read. As it just displays 'open tray' Instead of 'madden NFL 09' The disk is new, So I really doubt it is.

The drive just makes some weird click noise and then the fan dies...Usually a restart will fix it. But I'm getting worried. I've had my 360 for about 5 months now

Cheers

i-like-pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 i-like-pie
Member since 2005 • 4070 Posts
Your xbox
Elder-Scrolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Elder-Scrolls
Member since 2008 • 257 Posts

most probabl its your dvd drive i had a similar problem. you can get it replaced for 30 to 50 bucks form random people or do it yourself but that would get rid of your warrany so its not worth it for you cause you got a long warranty ahead of you i think mocrosoft also fixes it but its expensive i think around 100 bucks. wait nevermind microsoft has 1 year warranty for this stuff yah you should send it back.

JJS08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 JJS08
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts
Try some other games to be sure that it is the drive, even though the game is new. If it happens with some of your other games too, then it is the drive. Being that your 360 is only about five months old, it probably came with a one-year warranty, which covers a wide range if defects; most likely this too. Give Microsoft a call to see if they will fix it.