My 360 can't play COD4.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ed_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Ed_The_Great
Member since 2008 • 193 Posts
I've tried 2 different disks of COD4 but my console won't read them.It just says on the screen "to play this disk put in in the xbox 360 console".Anyone has this problem and know how to fix it?
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Does it play other games fine?
Ed_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ed_The_Great
Yes,my 360 has no problem playing any other game, but with COD4,it doesn't even recognize that it's a game.It just says that's a CD on the dashboard.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Did you get both copies of the game from the same place?
Ed_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ed_The_Great
No
Jdon2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jdon2008
Member since 2008 • 465 Posts
are both disks in bad condition?
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

I've tried 2 different disks of COD4 but my console won't read them.It just says on the screen "to play this disk put in in the xbox 360 console".Anyone has this problem and know how to fix it?Ed_The_Great

That's really strange. That's the error you get when you put a non-360/DVD/audio disc in the tray. If the game just couldn't read, it would say just that "cannot read disc"...

Ed_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ed_The_Great
are both disks in bad condition?Jdon2008
No scratch at all.
Ed_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ed_The_Great

[QUOTE="Ed_The_Great"]I've tried 2 different disks of COD4 but my console won't read them.It just says on the screen "to play this disk put in in the xbox 360 console".Anyone has this problem and know how to fix it?Dredg11

That's really strange. That's the error you get when you put a non-360/DVD/audio disc in the tray. If the game just couldn't read, it would say just that "cannot read disc"...

That's usually what it is.I thought with the first disc, it might just be because the game was in bad condition.Now I'm thinking that my 360 just can't read the game.I wonder if anybody else has this problem?Hope xbox support can help me out cause I've been wanting to play this game for a long time.I'll contact xbox support and hopefully they can help me out.
voodooline0110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 voodooline0110
Member since 2008 • 452 Posts
try downloading it to your hdd
CoiledNewkirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 CoiledNewkirk
Member since 2009 • 313 Posts
are the Cod 4 gamees for the xbox 360 lol. just buy cod world at war its wayyy better:)
0oJazZMano0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 0oJazZMano0
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts

Sounds like your xbox is spazzing out a bit. Mine started to do that and it was the beginning of the end for that console:(. Is your xbox an older model? I'm on my 7th xbox as of yesterday. I know some people who are nearly into double figures!

I don't think there's any right or wrong way to get COD 4 to work. Just the other day on my now dead 6th xbox it wouldn't play dead rising even though it had played it plenty of times in the last year. I'm hoping the new one i got will be better built than the older models i seemed to have been cursed with. Good look Ed and i hope unlike me that your xbox doesn't have a life span of a mayfly!

Oo JazZMan oO

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 KorruptRaiden
Member since 2008 • 878 Posts
I've tried 2 different disks of COD4 but my console won't read them.It just says on the screen "to play this disk put in in the xbox 360 console".Anyone has this problem and know how to fix it?Ed_The_Great
Get a strong piece of card, slide it in the disc tray while shut with the disc inside then slide the card side to side. Pull it out, open and shut the disc tray and it should work, if your disc is fine then that means there is a problem with your laser.
th3r0m4n1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 th3r0m4n1994
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Ya, i actually i'm having the same problem W/ COD 4. except for it will start to read it then keeps making a noise that sounds like its hitting something. only once did it say "Play DVD" and then it said to play it putt it in a xbox 360. other than that it wont read at all. it will say after a little bit " Open tray" like theres nothing in there.
Hazdern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hazdern
Really super weird, my console is the same, i my cod 4 disc works VERY occasionally now, and it makes the weird sound u talked about, it used to work fine, i miss playing online on it :( i tried my friends one too, it did a few times but didn't work the same amount of times...really annoying, and worrying.
Hazdern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hazdern
[QUOTE="Ed_The_Great"]I've tried 2 different disks of COD4 but my console won't read them.It just says on the screen "to play this disk put in in the xbox 360 console".Anyone has this problem and know how to fix it?KorruptRaiden
Get a strong piece of card, slide it in the disc tray while shut with the disc inside then slide the card side to side. Pull it out, open and shut the disc tray and it should work, if your disc is fine then that means there is a problem with your laser.

Can you plz explain how and why this works, i really don't want to f*** up my xbox, and shove something into it if i don't even know what it is doing. Ty