MW2 Xbox 360 not reading disk????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BostonDieNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BostonDieNasty
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

ok so i was playing one game and i took it out to put another disk in and now it not reading any disks... its a mw2 xbox so its only 20 months old.. is thhere anything i can do to try to fix it??? is this model still covered by microsoft?????

BostonDieNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BostonDieNasty

WELL I JUST FOUND OUT ITS NOT COVERED BY MICROSOFT.. AND IT WILL COST 100 TO FIX IT... anyone know any solutions?

BostonDieNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BostonDieNasty

??????????????????

LapisLazuliOre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LapisLazuliOre
Member since 2011 • 94 Posts
Story of a 360 gamer's life. I don't know why everyone's xbox breaks. I've had mine since 2007. Never gotten a red ring. I've left mine downloading black ops all night and watch netflix for hours on end. Never over heated. Disk tray never broke. I guess I'm just careful with my stuff.
Squeezitgirdle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Squeezitgirdle
Member since 2010 • 1027 Posts

I'm not even going to begin to try and translate your triple posting caps lock posts.

Instead im just gonna say, good luck.

LapisLazuliOre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LapisLazuliOre

I'm not even going to begin to try and translate your triple posting caps lock posts.

Squeezitgirdle
I'd rather spoon someone's eye out than deal with Microsoft tech support. lol
BostonDieNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BostonDieNasty

[QUOTE="Squeezitgirdle"]

LapisLazuliOre

thats exactly how i feel thats why instead off spending 100 bucks for them to probley do 10 min off work on it im just gonna but a slim

DumbPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DumbPanda
Member since 2011 • 379 Posts

erm... you're f*cked. if you're gonna get a new xbox, get one of the new slim versions.

PixelAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 PixelAddict
Member since 2008 • 2237 Posts

I have the same exact console, but mine is working great. Shocked yours has problems, considering the CoD LE console had the best components at the time.

Fix it yourself or go on to craigslist and find someone to fix it for $40. I think that's the going rate no matter where you live. The drive itself costs like $20, and Random Dude Everywhere is making $20 in labor on a fix that takes the guy about 20 minutes to do.

That's my advise. Good luck.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Story of a 360 gamer's life. I don't know why everyone's xbox breaks. I've had mine since 2007. Never gotten a red ring. I've left mine downloading black ops all night and watch netflix for hours on end. Never over heated. Disk tray never broke. I guess I'm just careful with my stuff.LapisLazuliOre

I hate when people say this crap, so are you saying that just because someones xbox broke they must not be careful with there stuff? That's rediculous. It's the same story when people used to complain about RRoD's, you had the "careful" crowd saying "oh you must just treat your stuff bad". I mean there was no way it could have been a Microsoft issue right? right? oh yeah, it was.

LapisLazuliOre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LapisLazuliOre

[QUOTE="LapisLazuliOre"]Story of a 360 gamer's life. I don't know why everyone's xbox breaks. I've had mine since 2007. Never gotten a red ring. I've left mine downloading black ops all night and watch netflix for hours on end. Never over heated. Disk tray never broke. I guess I'm just careful with my stuff.rgsniper1

I hate when people say this crap, so are you saying that just because someones xbox broke they must not be careful with there stuff? That's rediculous. It's the same story when people used to complain about RRoD's, you had the "careful" crowd saying "oh you must just treat your stuff bad". I mean there was no way it could have been a Microsoft issue right? right? oh yeah, it was.

You have a good point and I don't disagree with you at all but you'd be surprised how many people have no disregard for their xbox. keeping it sideways, shaking it around when there's still a disk in the tray while it's running. Plus so many people blame the companies for their things breaking when half the time the reason is faulty ownership. I once read a topic about a guy that blames sony for making his GTA 4 disk very fragile so it will break and he'll buy a new one. lol. None of my disk have ever broken or have been over-scratched either. So I don't know.
Squeezitgirdle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Squeezitgirdle
Member since 2010 • 1027 Posts

[QUOTE="Squeezitgirdle"]

LapisLazuliOre

why? that's my job, I'm american and i think i do pretty good at my job :P

Though if you're referring to getting the "non-americans" on the phone, i completely understand where you're coming from

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rgsniper1

[QUOTE="rgsniper1"]

[QUOTE="LapisLazuliOre"]Story of a 360 gamer's life. I don't know why everyone's xbox breaks. I've had mine since 2007. Never gotten a red ring. I've left mine downloading black ops all night and watch netflix for hours on end. Never over heated. Disk tray never broke. I guess I'm just careful with my stuff.LapisLazuliOre

You have a good point and I don't disagree with you at all but you'd be surprised how many people have no disregard for their xbox. keeping it sideways, shaking it around when there's still a disk in the tray while it's running. Plus so many people blame the companies for their things breaking when half the time the reason is faulty ownership. I once read a topic about a guy that blames sony for making his GTA 4 disk very fragile so it will break and he'll buy a new one. lol. None of my disk have ever broken or have been over-scratched either. So I don't know.

Well coming from someone who is boarderline OCD on keeping stuff mint, I've had many things what have broke over time. Again I'm pretty OCD about keeping stuff nice so I know for a fact that it happens to the best of us. As a stupid example, I have a camera that I still keep in the bubble wrap it came in and then put inside the protective case I bought with it at purchase. The shutter on the lens broke, which considering it's wrapped up like a baby and handled like it's an egg while in use... Never dropped, jostled or manhandled in any way... and it's broke, well you get what i'm saying. Lastly, I had two xbox's go bad on me: one the video card died and the second got the red ring. Again.. OCD who goes to the extreme to make sure my stuff stays in good shape.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#14 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
those mw2 disc are cheaper then other dvds i swear. The second month i have the game it stop reading. i have to have it installed to play it. i been playing video games for last 11 years mw2 is the first game on a disc that has ever stop working for me. not kidding. i heard quite few people that there copys of mw2 stop reading but i rarely ever hear any other games..
LapisLazuliOre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LapisLazuliOre
those mw2 disc are cheaper then other dvds i swear. The second month i have the game it stop reading. i have to have it installed to play it. i been playing video games for last 11 years mw2 is the first game on a disc that has ever stop working for me. not kidding. i heard quite few people that there copys of mw2 stop reading but i rarely ever hear any other games..k2theswiss
You do realize they're of the same quality as any CD or DVD you'd buy at Walmart right? If you want a disk that's very durable get Blu Ray disks. I'm not sure if PS3 disks are more durable also since a PS3 can support Blu Ray But I know for a fact BR disks are some tough mofos. I've never owned a PS console but they're gear is more carefully made. Like their joysticks. -.-
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rgsniper1

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]those mw2 disc are cheaper then other dvds i swear. The second month i have the game it stop reading. i have to have it installed to play it. i been playing video games for last 11 years mw2 is the first game on a disc that has ever stop working for me. not kidding. i heard quite few people that there copys of mw2 stop reading but i rarely ever hear any other games..LapisLazuliOre
You do realize they're of the same quality as any CD or DVD you'd buy at Walmart right? If you want a disk that's very durable get Blu Ray disks. I'm not sure if PS3 disks are more durable also since a PS3 can support Blu Ray But I know for a fact BR disks are some tough mofos. I've never owned a PS console but they're gear is more carefully made. Like their joysticks. -.-

Unless I missed something this is a topic about the Modern Warfare 2 console, not the game. Could be wrong (or stupid most likely).

LapisLazuliOre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LapisLazuliOre

[QUOTE="LapisLazuliOre"][QUOTE="k2theswiss"]those mw2 disc are cheaper then other dvds i swear. The second month i have the game it stop reading. i have to have it installed to play it. i been playing video games for last 11 years mw2 is the first game on a disc that has ever stop working for me. not kidding. i heard quite few people that there copys of mw2 stop reading but i rarely ever hear any other games..rgsniper1

Unless I missed something this is a topic about the Modern Warfare 2 console, not the game. Could be wrong (or stupid most likely).

He also mentions disk reading and disks so excuse me.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rgsniper1

Lapis - no offense, honestly. I was simply pointing out that the poster you responded to and yourself had taken the conversation from the MW2 console to the MW2 game and it's potential issues. I wasn't sure if the person you were responding to and in turn yourself had caught that. Sorry if I offended, I assure you it was not intentional.