MW2 Camping is a legitimate strategy.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tweezer-bum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tweezer-bum
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts

Those that want to win, will camp. Except to them, they do not call it camping. The people that everyone hates and claims they camp also happen to be much smarter than others. They realize that if they carefully maneuver through routes, holding when movement is heard nearby, and waiting at intersections where targets are BOUND to show up, they pretty much effectively increase their chance of survival and decrease their opponents chances of killing them. Go figure. Here's a thought, too.... If one, two or three people you killed, come back to your location with the bizarre belief that maybe if they do the same thing two or three times over, they can eventually kill you, who's fault is it really that they're getting pwned over and over again by a "camper?" The easiest way to deal with a camper: Don't even go there. DUH. They'd be forced to come out if they want to score kills.

Truth be told, this is a combat simulation game. It's a videogame, of course, but it's a videogame simulating combat in some form or another. If you read the definition of combat, it's an event where two opposing forces engage in battle with the sole intent of coming out the winner. See, this is a game where two or even just ONE bullet can kill you. I don't know about you guys, but I want to win. When I want to win, I want to kill people before they kill me. Usually that means I'll have to be smarter than them. Being smart PROBABLY means NOT running around in the open like a chicken without its head. Being smart PROBABLY means NOT gunning down alleys making all sorts of noise to alert potential nearby hostiles. Being smart PROBABLY means NOT going back to the same spot a camper has effectively holed up in in the SAME manner and form over and over again. Here's a thought, if you in real life had a gun, and someone else had a gun and was trying to shoot YOU with it, would you be running out there stomping the floor with your leather boots so your enemy could hear you coming? Probably not. You would probably lay low, and move around REAL quietly, triple checking corners and your rear to hear or see anyone. That's the difference between life and death. "But, but.. This is a videogame, not real life." Yeah? Well let me translate it for you in VIDEOGAME terms, "That's the difference between win and fail." And what do we play videogames for? To fail? Or to win? Yeah. Thought so. If you want to win, suck it up and learn something you scrub. Blame your own inability to evolve with the ebb and flow of combat. Blame it on yourself for not knowing when to press an attack, hold, retreat, or feign a retreat only to snap back when others arrive to help. Blame it on yourself for not knowing how to outsmart a well positioned enemy. Blame it on yourself for not knowing when you SHOULD or SHOULDN'T move.

And what to do if you DO find an effective camper? Use the counters that Infinity Ward gave you, doofus. I have no problem with camping. Why? Because I swear to God my friends and I must be the ONLY ones smart enough to know how to swiftly deal with multiple campers, or a WHOLE entire team camping in one building. My team has a system. When our enemy is nutsack deep in a structure with seemingly no possible way in without being shot, we employ our "Shock and Awe" anti-camping strategy. One RPG each through two different windows, flashbangs and stuns through the entry to render claymores, C4 and waiting hostiles blind and useless, then two teammates (note this, not our whole team, it usually only takes TWO people) that are waiting for all the previous things to go in spring into action with either their preferred shotgun, tactical knife or SMG. Camping is a non issue for those that learn to stop crying and wetting their pants and start to realize we have all these great tools for a reason. To counter camping.

It doesn't even end in tools. There are even perks to counter camping. Sit-rep pro lets you hear campers from a mile away, and lets you see all their tactical inserts, claymores and C4s from the same distance THROUGH WALLS.

Honestly. If you hate camping so much, just go back to playing Halo. "Camping" is an integral part of battle, and if you can't evolve and find a way to counter it, or employ it for your own benefit, then you don't deserve to play Modern Warfare. If "Camping" is so bad, why the hell are there gametypes that promote it? (Headquarters, Search and Destroy, Demolition, Domination etc) Truth is, people that hate campers are just shallow team-death matchers that have no sense of OBJECTIVE and pretty much just think that all shooters should not involve an ounce of strategy and should all just be played the way Rambo would. Good one.

I commend the people that are accused of this "camping." Because it means they're intelligent and they've learned how to outsmart a vast majority of dumb scrubs that will never see the light of an official match. And if we ever got into a war and we had to fight? These "campers" are the ones I'd rather end up with than diaper wearing n00bs that cry foul over legitimate tactics.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

eh, you're smart if you move after you camp a few kills. that's what I used to do.

if you watch killcams, campers aren't a big deal :?

the game is still unbalanced and riddled with a number of glitches though. off topic, I know.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
blog it
tweezer-bum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tweezer-bum
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
Absolutely, that's what I meant by knowing when NOT to move and knowing when you SHOULD. Usually after I've killed a few people from one spot, I'll quickly move to another spot to hole up in. I do this to prevent the ones that DO know how to counter camping from killing me, so I effectively keep them guessing where I'll attack from next.
Assassin1349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Assassin1349
Member since 2009 • 2798 Posts
blog itchaoscougar1
What a useless comment. Did you even bother to read what he said? He had some good points worthy of a discussion. Maybe if you disagree or agree with what he has to say, bring up a point. Anyway, You're completely right. The people who complain about campers are pretty poor players to begin with.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#6 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Wow, you wasted a long time writing all that. Camping seems to be the only strategy in that game aside from just rushing everyone. MW2 is so boring now thanks to all the jerks hacking and camping. I'm incredibly pumped for BFBC2. It might not sell as much as MW2, but the multiplayer is waaaay better in all aspects IMHO.
rickatick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 rickatick
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

You coudn't of put it any better man. I'm a camper I admit it, but I also don't have a problem with other people who camp because like you said, if you use strategy, any camper can be killed easily. Skilled players take advantage of nooobs running around in the open with thumper in their hands, also skilled players can take out a camper by watching something magical, a 'kill cam'!

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
man! that was fun lol didn't think i'd read it but i did w00t! bet u get pretty decent marks on ur essays yER!!!!