MS has betrayed me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Silent-Assasin7
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Silent-Assasin7
Member since 2006 • 1496 Posts

I've officially gone through 3 Xbox 360s within one year. They keep sending me refurbs, each with a brand new batch of ridiculous problems, and I'm sick of it.

PS3 anyone?

AeRo619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AeRo619
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts
your just unlucky I suppose
Tha_lazyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Tha_lazyboi
Member since 2003 • 3096 Posts
How about you sell the refurb on ebay and then use that money towards a brand new 360?
bigrob127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bigrob127
Member since 2003 • 225 Posts
After your 3rd you are supposed to get a brand new one call them back and complain
imjusthatawsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 imjusthatawsum
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts
I don't think too many people in here are going to recomend a PS3 to you. I've been through 2 360's in a year and although it is a bit annoying to be on my 3rd 360 already, I just have never been into any of the few exclusives Sony has to offer. If they still had Assassin's Creed exclusive, then MAYBE. But no.
badgert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 badgert
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts

How about you sell the refurb on ebay and then use that money towards a brand new 360?Tha_lazyboi

That's probably a good idea.

badgert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 badgert
Member since 2003 • 924 Posts

How about you sell the refurb on ebay and then use that money towards a brand new 360?Tha_lazyboi

That's probably a good idea.

Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Silent-Assasin7

After your 3rd you are supposed to get a brand new one call them back and complainbigrob127

That's what I'm going to do, and if they don't give me a brand new one I'll flip on their asses.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

your just unlucky I supposeAeRo619

I agree. it's too bad for you especially since you would have to lower your standards and buy a PS3... I mean, how good can a system be when the guy that started it all steps down?

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts

[QUOTE="bigrob127"]After your 3rd you are supposed to get a brand new one call them back and complainSilent-Assasin7

That's what I'm going to do, and if they don't give me a brand new one I'll flip on their asses.

Considering they already have your money I'm not sure it's going to be that big of an impact.
TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 TheBigTicket21
Member since 2004 • 30875 Posts
that's why i bought the warranty from best buy, fortunately nothing has happened to it yet.
bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

Thats a waste of time, the refurbs and the new ones all have the same problems and your just as likely to get a messed up one either way.

Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Silent-Assasin7
[QUOTE="Silent-Assasin7"]

[QUOTE="bigrob127"]After your 3rd you are supposed to get a brand new one call them back and complainbdhoff

Considering they already have your money I'm not sure it's going to be that big of an impact.

Sure it will. You'd be surprised how much companies really do care for an extremely dissastisfied customer. Bad publicity and word spreads quick, especially with the amount of 360 problems going around.
DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts
If all else fails, step into the light.
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts

They're not entitled to give you a new one unfortunately. Same thing goes with any other consumer electronic product. Some get the breaks, some don't sometimes.

"Flipping on their asses" with customer service is usually futile.

Good luck though.

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
[QUOTE="bdhoff"][QUOTE="Silent-Assasin7"]

[QUOTE="bigrob127"]After your 3rd you are supposed to get a brand new one call them back and complainSilent-Assasin7

Sure it will. You'd be surprised how much companies really do care for an extremely dissastisfied customer. Bad publicity and word spreads quick, especially with the amount of 360 problems going around.

That thread at the top of the main forum is full of dissatisfied customers. That doesn't seem to have done any good.
bigrob127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bigrob127
Member since 2003 • 225 Posts

They're not entitled to give you a new one unfortunately. Same thing goes with any other consumer electronic product. Some get the breaks, some don't sometimes.

"Flipping on their asses" with customer service is usually futile.

Good luck though.

jacksheets

I was told by the service rep that after the 3rd xbox breaks you are "supposed" to get a new one. Then again I have been waiting two weeks to try and get my xbox back. God I hate microsoft sometimes.

NYBoricua33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NYBoricua33
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts

I don't think too many people in here are going to recomend a PS3 to you. I've been through 2 360's in a year and although it is a bit annoying to be on my 3rd 360 already, I just have never been into any of the few exclusives Sony has to offer. If they still had Assassin's Creed exclusive, then MAYBE. But no.imjusthatawsum

Besides Gears of War, name a good exclusive that 360 has out right now.

jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts

NYBoricua33

You're joking right? Please let's not turn this into a system wars pissing match.

efg7721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 efg7721
Member since 2005 • 285 Posts

[QUOTE="AeRo619"]your just unlucky I supposenickdastick

I agree. it's too bad for you especially since you would have to lower your standards and buy a PS3... I mean, how good can a system be when the guy that started it all steps down?

the 360 sucks if u even had a ps3 u wouldnt be saying that

ps3s havent had that much glitches and they are newer also

the 360 is only good for shooters

but even 360 esclusives that arent made by ms will ported to the ps3!

aws_2000us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 aws_2000us
Member since 2005 • 142 Posts

I've officially gone through 3 Xbox 360s within one year. They keep sending me refurbs, each with a brand new batch of ridiculous problems, and I'm sick of it.

PS3 anyone?

Silent-Assasin7

i have just sent in my 5th, i win... actually i lost

Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Silent-Assasin7
He's right, if the 360 has anything over the PS3 it's good exclusive games right now.
cecx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#24 cecx
Member since 2004 • 10568 Posts
[QUOTE="nickdastick"]

[QUOTE="AeRo619"]your just unlucky I supposeefg7721

the 360 sucks if u even had a ps3 u wouldnt be saying that

ps3s havent had that much glitches and they are newer also

the 360 is only good for shooters

but even 360 esclusives that arent made by ms will ported to the ps3!

:lol: It's funny you say that because currently all your PS3 exclusives are being ported to the 360. Nice try troll. :P
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

[QUOTE="imjusthatawsum"]I don't think too many people in here are going to recomend a PS3 to you. I've been through 2 360's in a year and although it is a bit annoying to be on my 3rd 360 already, I just have never been into any of the few exclusives Sony has to offer. If they still had Assassin's Creed exclusive, then MAYBE. But no.NYBoricua33

Dead Rising, Crackdown, Condemned, PDZ, Call of Juarez, Saint's Row, Call of Duty 2, the list goes on. You go ahead and enjoy your "exciting" and "fast-paced" JRPG's.

DeltoidRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DeltoidRecon
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

PS3 anyone?

Silent-Assasin7

How can you stay mad at this guy? You're lil sob story is nothing compared to mine. I went thru 3 360's in 5 months. Now as you can see on my sig I barely touch the damn thing. I'll resubscribe to XBL when Armoy of Two or another Fall release game comes out..

trey_stevens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 trey_stevens
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
haha wow that guy is really cool lookin lol i wish i was him lol i could never ever be mad at him but i'm on my first xbox 360 but it's starting to not be able to read my disk very well so i think i'm goin to send it in and either upgrade to elite or just get it cleaned out.....anyone use the elite yet?
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Silent-Assasin7

PS3 anyone?

DeltoidRecon

How can you stay mad at this guy? You're lil sob story is nothing compared to mine. I went thru 3 360's in 5 months. Now as you can see on my sig I barely touch the damn thing. I'll resubscribe to XBL when Armoy of Two or another Fall release game comes out..

Only been about 6 or 7 months for me so your story isn't that much worse.

pyrobrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pyrobrand
Member since 2005 • 516 Posts
crackdown.
Hoffman-Hansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hoffman-Hansen
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
[QUOTE="NYBoricua33"]

[QUOTE="imjusthatawsum"]I don't think too many people in here are going to recomend a PS3 to you. I've been through 2 360's in a year and although it is a bit annoying to be on my 3rd 360 already, I just have never been into any of the few exclusives Sony has to offer. If they still had Assassin's Creed exclusive, then MAYBE. But no.Juggernaut140

Dead Rising, Crackdown, Condemned, PDZ, Call of Juarez, Saint's Row, Call of Duty 2, the list goes on. You go ahead and enjoy your "exciting" and "fast-paced" JRPG's.

Condemned, Call of Juarez and CoD 2 are not 360 exclusives, they are all on the pc.

atomD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 atomD21
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts
Curses!!! You've discovered Microsoft's nefarious plot to ruin your enjoyment of gaming! You must be taken care of now!!! I feel your pain, although with a different system. I've had my DS Lite in for repair three times, as well as replacing one with a broken power switch. Sometimes you just get the lemons...
RocklandUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RocklandUSA
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts

PS3 anyone?

Silent-Assasin7

DONT DO IT! w.e you do do not go to the PS3...its eviL! Anyway maybe your not doing something right if you've gone through 3 360's. I mean what are the chances of microsoft sending you 3 already broken 360's

aznpr1d34eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 aznpr1d34eva
Member since 2006 • 132 Posts
whats wrong with jrpgs...
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Silent-Assasin7

PS3 anyone?

RocklandUSA

DONT DO IT! w.e you do do not go to the PS3...its eviL! Anyway maybe your not doing something right if you've gone through 3 360's. I mean what are the chances of microsoft sending you 3 already broken 360's

I've done everything I can to take great care of the consoles and they still break. I mean I've only had the latest one for 2 days!

CaUs3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CaUs3
Member since 2006 • 2903 Posts
unlucky
progrmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 progrmr
Member since 2003 • 335 Posts
haha, wow! That's wieird! I guess you can't get lucky but you can get unlucky. I've lost my launch 360, and my core that I bought with replacement from EB is going (got my first 'cannot read the disc' error tonight). I've kind of accepted it - I don't blame M$ though. They tried, I bought even though the hardware may not have been solid. So that's on me, not them. Granted, I should be able to believe that they would sell something solid and error free, but I've been around long enough to know better. It is what it is - if you want to play, you've got pay....lots! haha!
CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CooVee
Member since 2005 • 2161 Posts

PS3 anyone?

Silent-Assasin7
I would go DS before I go PS3. 360 was tough on my wallet, PS3 would be murder.
bleedingbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bleedingbunny
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts
Do you see people that is y you get WARENTYS i have had mine broke once retrurned it got a new one and this one has not broken get a damn WARENTY then all problems go away!
No_worrys_mate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 No_worrys_mate
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts

Their products a shody, My xbox 360 hasnt broken down but it has minor problems like freezing once and a while as well as other stuff but what gets me is the quality of their other stuff, Their wireless mic is a peice of junk, The steering wheel isnt that great, They charge to much for their products and the gamepad while comfy is horrible, The sticks are to tight imo and the d-pad is just plain horrible, But this can be overlooked by the quality of games coming and the fact that ive just have to have all three systems anyways.

Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Silent-Assasin7

Do you see people that is y you get WARENTYS i have had mine broke once retrurned it got a new one and this one has not broken get a damn WARENTY then all problems go away!bleedingbunny

Yeah no crap but after 3 times "warranty" doesn't change the fact that it's bullcrap service.

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
actually PS3 wouldn't be a bad idea. Just wait till the holidays when they will eventually lower the price and fix hardware problems. If my xbox360 died, i would send it in for repairs, if problems continued i'd just stop investing further $ towards it and take a chance with a PS3.
shakezilla460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shakezilla460
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
why is it that wen people who own 360's come out on the message boards and say they have gone thru such and such number of 360's because they keep crapping out on them people's response is that the person is "unlucky"??? im a sony fan but im not here to be a troll i just want a reasonable answer to this question
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts
Buy an NES. Those things are still working after 20+ years.
christian1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 christian1993
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts

PS3 anyone?

Silent-Assasin7

Bad games=PS3

NYBoricua33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NYBoricua33
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts
[QUOTE="NYBoricua33"]

[QUOTE="imjusthatawsum"]I don't think too many people in here are going to recomend a PS3 to you. I've been through 2 360's in a year and although it is a bit annoying to be on my 3rd 360 already, I just have never been into any of the few exclusives Sony has to offer. If they still had Assassin's Creed exclusive, then MAYBE. But no.Juggernaut140

Haha its funny how you guys assume that since I dont think Xbox is the greatest thing ever, i must be a sony fanboy. Ew at Dead Rising, Crackdown, PDZ, Call of Juarez, Saints Row. Those games are horrible.

shakezilla460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shakezilla460
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
i just love how all the 360 fans just completely ignored my question......i guess i was UNLUCKY to ask that question here.....i just really hope the 360 is unlucky anymore because they are gonna need all the help they can get wit the lineup they have now
chilihead7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 chilihead7
Member since 2004 • 215 Posts
refurbs? so they gave u new ones? maybe you should keep your xboxs inside and out of the rain
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Silent-Assasin7

refurbs? so they gave u new ones? maybe you should keep your xboxs inside and out of the rainchilihead7

Lol you're an idiot, refurbs suck so much, nothing like new systems at all.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

why is it that wen people who own 360's come out on the message boards and say they have gone thru such and such number of 360's because they keep crapping out on them people's response is that the person is "unlucky"??? im a sony fan but im not here to be a troll i just want a reasonable answer to this question shakezilla460

I keep wondering the same thing. I actually wonderhow many times a person has to be robed before they realize what is happening to them.