Movies, Music, Watching TV, Social Networking, What Next?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ModeDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ModeDude
Member since 2009 • 1135 Posts

Of course, most people buy Games Consoles for the sole purpose of playing games. But what about what else the Xbox 360 does. Do much of you use Zune or check out Facebook and Twitter? Personally I use the 360 for games and the occasional DVD, but why do we need our console to do more things that our PC could easily do? Is it laziness? Is it just to make things easier for the user? Or just so that you use you console much more often? Also what features could we see in the future? What features would you guys like to see?

PsYcHo_BrOwNiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 PsYcHo_BrOwNiE
Member since 2009 • 5059 Posts
Shouldn't this be in the off topic board
ModeDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ModeDude
Member since 2009 • 1135 Posts

Well it is concerning feature that the 360 does, so I thought the 360 forum would be a good place to put it

PsYcHo_BrOwNiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 PsYcHo_BrOwNiE
Member since 2009 • 5059 Posts

Well it is concerning feature that the 360 does, so I thought the 360 forum would be a good place to put it

ModeDude
Your right I guess, just remember to post in the right fourm
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
The 360 should be adapted to make a virtual office, so that I can work from home.
tythewarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 tythewarrior
Member since 2007 • 289 Posts

Perhaps they could turn the Xbox 360 into a games console. I think that would be a good next move.

Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

From time to time I'll check my facebook on it, after all its better to have only the one device on to save energy and this keeps me from unnecessarily keeping my laptop on.

I really think Microsoft is trying for a full multimedia machine, something to take a small place of most of the digital media things in your home. You see if they do this your less likely to use the other devices and that in a small way keeps you from buying something that will keep you away from the X-Box. It will never outperform a PC in any way though after all Microsoft wants you to keep that market alive as well.

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
i thought their social networking was pretty weak. I was looking for the option for games to be able to post to my facebook for achieves and stuff, but its pretty cumbersome to go on facebook on the 360 i find
93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
I use Zune and Facebook quite often (Twitter is lame!). I also use the DVD sometimes to watch movies or TV shows. Personally, I would like them to add a youtube function!
Avatar image for theintrospect79
theintrospect79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10 theintrospect79
Member since 2004 • 2796 Posts

I like the ZuneHD feature. Gives me a chance to rent HD movies to watch on my tv without having to invest in a BluRay player. Plus, I can instantly stream them and not take up space on my HDD :)

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
[QUOTE="ModeDude"]

PsYcHo_BrOwNiE
Your right I guess, just remember to post in the right fourm

he did..