Most mature game on the Xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

When I say mature, I don't mean gory-bloody-gory violence. I mean mature like Lost Odyssey(Jansen excluded)

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#2 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Gears 2. it has REALLY strong language and perhaps the bloodiest level in the history of gaming(riftworm level), I saw so much for an a headshot and close range shotgun kills!
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#3 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

I mean mature like Lost Odyssey(Jansen excluded)

Phoenix534

And the kids. And the designs for like a third of the monsters and the goofy equipment and the cartoonishly stereo typical antagonist... Anyway, I guess maybe the Oragne Box's collection of Half-Life games. Mass Effect if you want it to be. The maturity of game rarely matters to me in how much I enjoy them though. I don't really look for it.

Heck, if we had a really mature game it'd have no violence since the characters would be mature enough to resolve their problems with out fighting. Ladies wouldn't be in flattering clothes showing off their cleavage like in Lost Odyssey. Pretty boring stuff.

PatChampsXXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PatChampsXXXVI
Member since 2005 • 392 Posts
Saints Row 2
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
Saints Row 2PatChampsXXXVI
hahahahaha good one i also love how people think the games the play somehow reflect on their maturity levels and their personality, its a great use of generalisation and misinformation
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]I mean mature like Lost Odyssey(Jansen excluded)

vashkey

And the kids. And the designs for like a third of the monsters and the goofy equipment and the cartoonishly stereo typical antagonist... Anyway, I guess maybe the Oragne Box's collection of Half-Life games. Mass Effect if you want it to be. The maturity of game rarely matters to me in how much I enjoy them though. I don't really look for it.

Heck, if we had a really mature game it'd have no violence since the characters would be mature enough to resolve their problems with out fighting. Ladies wouldn't be in flattering clothes showing off their cleavage like in Lost Odyssey. Pretty boring stuff.

Well, I don't know much about Lost Odyssey(I'm still at the first time you go to the Grand Staff). I agree that Half-life is pretty mature. And Mass Effect can be(it was for me). And thank you for being the only one to read my first post.

sam_nintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sam_nintendo
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts

Braid, all the stuff about how society and relationships should function is pretty mature.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#8 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

[QUOTE="vashkey"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]I mean mature like Lost Odyssey(Jansen excluded)

Phoenix534

Well, I don't know much about Lost Odyssey(I'm still at the first time you go to the Grand Staff). I agree that Half-life is pretty mature. And Mass Effect can be(it was for me). And thank you for being the only one to read my first post.

Well, don't worry about any of that subtracting from the enjoyment of the game. It's still fantastic and the one thousand years of dreams alone are worth playing the game for.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"] And the kids. And the designs for like a third of the monsters and the goofy equipment and the cartoonishly stereo typical antagonist... Anyway, I guess maybe the Oragne Box's collection of Half-Life games. Mass Effect if you want it to be. The maturity of game rarely matters to me in how much I enjoy them though. I don't really look for it.

vashkey

Well, don't worry about any of that subtracting from the enjoyment of the game. It's still fantastic and the one thousand years of dreams alone are worth playing the game for.

It's a great game and I'll be playing a lot more of it from now on.

ARONMAN6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 ARONMAN6
Member since 2009 • 42 Posts
Gears 1 and 2
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

nearly every RPG, you have to make moral choices good or bad

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

mass effect, jericho, condemned

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

Dead Space is really complex and you really have to listen to the logs, or read them, to understand what goes on throughout the game.

Sure you can just run through without listening to anything and beat it, but to understand what happened before the Necromorphs, and what else is happening as you travel through the Ishimura, also it's pretty scary, and impossible mode just makes it even more tense.

I'm not saying it's the more mature but most mature i've played.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Phoenix534

Dead Space is really complex and you really have to listen to the logs, or read them, to understand what goes on throughout the game.

Sure you can just run through without listening to anything and beat it, but to understand what happened before the Necromorphs, and what else is happening as you travel through the Ishimura, also it's pretty scary, and impossible mode just makes it even more tense.

gotdangit

I want Dead Space even more now.

jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

Phoenix534

Get it, its guaranteed to be awesome

thebaronmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 thebaronmoo
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

i think fable II is pretty mature because it deals with a heavy moral choice at the end, and you have to juggle a family, real estate and many other things. i still say its a pretty heavy game.

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
Mass Effect although some opinions are quite immature there.. Condemned too, kinda.
Blackhawk692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Blackhawk692
Member since 2005 • 1306 Posts

wait for Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect II

PsiCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PsiCrisis
Member since 2009 • 216 Posts

Mass Effect if you play as a Paragon.

Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts
[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]

Get it, it is a godly/awesome game. As for Mature games, I think Dead Space, Mass Effect, and GTA IV are all relatively mature.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Phoenix534

wait for Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect II

Blackhawk692

I've got Dragon Age pre-ordered and will pre-order Mass Effect II after Christmas. I also have Borderlands pre-ordered and trying to get the money for Alpha Protocol.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Mass Effect.
Night-Wolf93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points