More roles for crappy players (like me) please!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whizeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 whizeguy
Member since 2003 • 688 Posts
I suck at videogames, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm always the guy with the lowest score inna multiplayer game. I just can't seem to get the hang of the whole shooting and having it hit someone thing, but I was relieved to find that in Call of Duty 3 I can be a medic and run around stabbing downed teammates in the leg with a magic needle and bring them back to life! This works for me because I feel like I am contributing to my team and I even get points for it (yay!) and frequently hear things like, "thank you" and "nice job medic guy" (double yay!). And I can even manage to hit an enemy with my trusty trenchgun in a pinch (just a single yay here cuz I still can't do that very well). I personally would like to see more games offer roles that us "pwnage impaired" (Trademark) gamers can take on in games and still feel like we are a valuable member of a team. Just my two cents.
darkjedirpm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 darkjedirpm
Member since 2004 • 2453 Posts
maybe you should look into a Wii
Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts

good stuff, i don't even know how to stab people in the leg on that game. But since i'm normally at the top on points i don't need to worry yet.

YOU should really get shadowrun, run around putting up trees of life and ressurecting people! they would greatly appreciate that. Its a VERY VERY team contribution game.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

I will always say thanks if i am revived in any game and the most recent one was Shadowrun. The reason i do that is u guess just to be nice in return, but if you are looking for a game that you can do that then go buy Shadowrun. You can rez people (bring em back to life) and also create a tree that heals people. Oh and you also do get points for rezing people. Plus if you can't get many kills you can get a summon that can either take its for you or even get kills for you.

That is really the only game i can think of that you can help out the team without actually getting kills.

Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#5 Greatwasabi
Member since 2005 • 1818 Posts

Ummm.... How long have you been trying to get better at these games? Just keep trying and getting better and better...

whizeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 whizeguy

good stuff, i don't even know how to stab people in the leg on that game. But since i'm normally at the top on points i don't need to worry yet.

YOU should really get shadowrun, run around putting up trees of life and ressurecting people! they would greatly appreciate that. Its a VERY VERY team contribution game.

Immortal_Evil

I have Shadowrun and do just that, the only problem being that all the running around supporting and trying to not get killed often will leave me as the last player alive in the match and I get pwned pretty hard and get yelled at and called a noob and stuff for not wipeing the whole other team out with just my pistol and 2% health :(. The pressure gets to me.

Avatar image for ChickenMcBastrd
ChickenMcBastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#7 ChickenMcBastrd
Member since 2003 • 3118 Posts
I love doing the support roles in multiplayer games. I'm typically not bad at combat but there is something special to being the lone engineer keeping vehicles and structures in the fight. It's not always glamorous (I'm looking at you Battlefield 2142. Engies get no points!) but it's a lot of fun.
whizeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whizeguy

Ummm.... How long have you been trying to get better at these games? Just keep trying and getting better and better...

Greatwasabi

I have been playing multiplayer action games since Quake and have played most any significant game since and I just take it that I naturally stink at them. I don't fret about it, instead I seek ways to aid my team without using combat skills. Just off the top of my head I remember having good runs and a medic in RTCW: ET and Battlefield 1942, and I was always a engineer in C&C: Renegade, I like being able to heal players and their vehicles

bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
I suck at videogames, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm always the guy with the lowest score inna multiplayer game. I just can't seem to get the hang of the whole shooting and having it hit someone thing, but I was relieved to find that in Call of Duty 3 I can be a medic and run around stabbing downed teammates in the leg with a magic needle and bring them back to life! This works for me because I feel like I am contributing to my team and I even get points for it (yay!) and frequently hear things like, "thank you" and "nice job medic guy" (double yay!). And I can even manage to hit an enemy with my trusty trenchgun in a pinch (just a single yay here cuz I still can't do that very well). I personally would like to see more games offer roles that us "pwnage impaired" (Trademark) gamers can take on in games and still feel like we are a valuable member of a team. Just my two cents.whizeguy
hahaha you should look forward to team fortress 2 then, which is being bundled with half life 2 orange box. theres a medic that has a gun that he can shoot at his teammates to heal them. cool stuff
GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 GungraveZero
Member since 2004 • 2791 Posts
Go for Shadowrun or wait for HL2: The Orange Box to come out. It comes with team fortress and it has like 9(something like that. I keep on forgetting) classes or something to choose from. You can also be what I call the "bullet sponge". One person goes out into the middle of the field to draw enemies out and gets killed and then your team comes out to kill the exposed enemy. not glamorous, but it gets the job done. lol
Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
[QUOTE="Immortal_Evil"]

whizeguy

I have Shadowrun and do just that, the only problem being that all the running around supporting and trying to not get killed often will leave me as the last player alive in the match and I get pwned pretty hard and get yelled at and called a noob and stuff for not wipeing the whole other team out with just my pistol and 2% health :(. The pressure gets to me.

dude there is no pressure on you, we play video games for fun. Its just a game enjoy it and don't be influenced by anyone! i think you need to practice and gain confidence. Goodluck.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
just keep trying!....you will get it eventually :P
shadow022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 shadow022
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts
[QUOTE="whizeguy"][QUOTE="Immortal_Evil"]

Immortal_Evil

dude there is no pressure on you, we play video games for fun. Its just a game enjoy it and don't be influenced by anyone! i think you need to practice and gain confidence. Goodluck.

Everybody plays videogames for fun, but some people need to learn that it is just a game and shouldn't get mad about it and calling other people "noobs" and so on.

dunit13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dunit13
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts
maybe try playing games in the recreation zone where you can play for fun and work on your skills before moving to like underground where people are psyco. and i hope you enjoy your games and dont feel bad if you are no good you still have fun and you will always get better.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

maybe you should look into a Wiidarkjedirpm

First off, that's VERY unintelligent. Second, Shadowrun is like that, as you can run around healing and rezzing people with ease... that's what I do :) I'm disappointed if I don't get 10+ rezzes in a match ;)

italiano07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 italiano07
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

same with me but even medic is bad for me i just play with any character and have fun i probly have kiulled 10people at the most through my time playing COD 3 but its about fun right? not whos the best i mean afterall its just a videgames and vide games r meant 2 b fun right? i mean yeah competition is good for them who want it but for people like us fun is good and doing your best....:)

raito666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 raito666
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
Yea I like it when games give different options like medic and engineer, even thought i dont use them im more of the strategist, butnice to have people who help you out.
w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#19 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
haha i know what you mean... medics are amazing ;-)