Modern Warfare or Modern Warfare 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#1 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

Which game do you guys like better?

rawr_xd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 rawr_xd
Member since 2009 • 790 Posts

Modern Warfare 2. COD4 was amazing, and one of my favorite games ever, but MW2 IS my favorite game ever.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#3 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
MW2. it was better than CoD4 in EVERY way.
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

MW2. it was better than CoD4 in EVERY way.orb_03_2006

It really is. The single-player is more intense and engaging. There's a very entertaining co-op mode now. And the multiplayer is extremely balanced with great maps and an exhaustive list of upgrades and challenges to unlock.

Its a truly great sequel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#5 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Mw2. It's the much more complete package overall.
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

CoD4. It may have the lack of the insanely awesome campaign, but I care most about multiplayer. MW2 multiplayer is cool, but fails. Anything but an assault rifle is USELESS. If you don't camp, you die. That's about it.

-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

MW2 is slightly better, IMO.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 seankane

CoD4. It may have the lack of the insanely awesome campaign, but I care most about multiplayer. MW2 multiplayer is cool, but fails. Anything but an assault rifle is USELESS. If you don't camp, you die. That's about it.

RobboElRobbo

What you meant to say was: "I suck at MW2, therefor MW1 is better."

You really dont have to camp to be good. A lot of people are camping right now because its new and people are struggling to do whatever they can to get advantage. Not that camping will ever die, but it will lessen once everybody gets the maps down tight and dont have to resort to cheap tactics to lengthen their e-peen.

I do just fine with a run-and-gun **** And its so balanced. It really is. There is no real 'inferior' **** Yes, an assault rifle is great and easy to use, but its not mandatory. SMG's work great if you know the maps and know how to maximize their potential. Sniping is still very popular and effective. LMG's are just as useful as assault rifles, if not more because of their very large ammo clips. And even things like the riot shield are used very effectively in the hands of an intelligent player.

Seriously, the multiplayer is insanely good. And much more balanced than in MW1. There is no gun that is just so blatantly superior like the M16 in MW1 or the MP40 in WaW. And all the new perks and whatnot were very thought-out in terms of balance. The only one that may be a bit common due to being super-useful is 'Bling'(two attachments on a weapon). But it doesn't give anybody some super-advantage or anything. You still have to give up other very cool perks to use it.

I'm gonna have to say its the best multiplayer experience I've ever had. I'm only like level 34 or so, but I have very little bad I can say about this game, especially its multiplayer. Polish, polish, polish. This game has it in spades.

Mjwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mjwick
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts
Modern Warfare 2. It's selection of online maps is subpar compared to CoD4, but the campaign is killer!
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

MW2 is better in every way.. especially the single player because they finally ditched the grenade spam unlimited enemy AI with useless ally AI bs.

TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 TheBigTicket21
Member since 2004 • 30875 Posts

the mp maps in cod 4 are about a million times better, since thats what i will play the most, plus the addition of multiple planes and choppers during a level, makes the entire rest of the match unplayable for the other team.

MW - 10/10
MW2 - 8.5/10

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

The maps in MW2 are horrid. I was much more addicted to COD4 in it's day than I am now with MW2.

DontosRif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DontosRif
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Modern Warfare 2. It easily caps out and builds on Modern Warfare. Adds on perks, many more attachments, great two player missions, just the right tweaks, and good story. The only thing that confuses me is the order of unlocked guns. It seems they go from good weapons to worse.
R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts

the mp maps in cod 4 are about a million times better, since thats what i will play the most, plus the addition of multiple planes and choppers during a level, makes the entire rest of the match unplayable for the other team.

MW - 10/10
MW2 - 8.5/10

TheBigTicket21

I also like CoD4 better. I hate that stupid AC-130! Before someone says something about me probably sucking at the game, I'm a level 30 and have a 1.52 k/d ratio.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#16 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
CoD4. Heck, I've liked every previous entry I've played more than Modern Warfare 2 including World at War.
hobo290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 hobo290
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

CoD4 has 10x better maps than MW2. The MW2 are way too big. It promotes camping too much.

The killstreaks in MW2 are also overpowered, as in you can get lucky with a care package and get an AC-130, within 4 kills.CoD4 has simple balnced killstreaks, that are accesible to anyone, which makes it balanced.

AND why in the name of Jesus Christ did IW remove Juggernaut?! Now Stopping Power is overly used in Deathmatch type games, andit makes gun overpowered. And there is no other Perk/Attachment to counter it, besides the Riot Shield. They should've either RemovedBOTH or NONE, but not just one. Horribly unbalanced in Deathmatch types. Stopping Power is just as annoying as Juggernaut for all you Juggernaut-Haters. Don't be hypocrites.

third, The guns in MW2 has very little recoil. Hell, even the Handguns have more recoil. It's retarded.I know they're "Modern Weapons" and they're supposed to be accurate, but when you're shooting an LMG full blast, thebullets should be inaccurate andfly everywhere, not just at the area you're pointing at. Unrealistic..

And now what's the point of using an SMG if a Sniper can nowcarry Shotguns or Machine Pistols as their secondary weapon? There's no point anymore. They added somany unneccesary things. Making the most Unbalanced Multiplayer ever...

The CoD4 Perks were so simpleandbalanced, truly an amazing game.

On the plus side, the attachments in MW2varya lot. And thePerk Pro and throwing knifeis a nice touch..

So, to answer your question, in reality CoD4 is anamazing and a better game All-Round. But MW2 is more fun. If you understand what I'm saying.

THIS IS THE TRUTH!!!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#18 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Modern Warfare2 is better imo because of better level design, its more balanced for online and the singleplayer is more fun.

Not to mention everyone isnt running around with Mardydom in Modern Warfare2. Only thing that I dont like in Modern Warfare2 is the nuke.

I also enjoy how there are more levels of fighting on alot of the levels, its just not all fighting on the ground or one level up, there are more levels of fighting going on with alot of maps.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 seankane

The only thing that confuses me is the order of unlocked guns. It seems they go from good weapons to worse.DontosRif

It was pretty much the same in the first Modern Warfare and in World at War, as well. Its done purposefully so as to not make 'starting out' so painful. The accessibility of Call of Duty's multiplayer is a large reason its so popular. You dont NEED to play it for hours upon hours to do decent.

Most of the upgrades/unlocks you get from leveling up are more about 'customizing' than getting any sort of advantage. Thats your reward.