Modern Warfare 3? Ideas? Plots? Info?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bu-ku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 bu-ku
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts

Hey guys. As you might know, Activision has still not released anymore information about the next installment of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. I just wanted to open up some food for thought on the forums about the upcoming game. What do you guys think about the next game? What do you think the plot will be? Characters? weapons? locations?

I think that in this next game, it will be more of a mercenary style game rather than being part of the Rangers of Tf141 team. I think that the main protagonists will be Nicolai, Soap, Cpt. Price. and another long lost character from MW1 (maybe MacMillan :)). I think will once again, be the U.S. again the Russians or possibly a new set of enemies. I think the plot will be finding Makarov (from mw2) and hunting him and his men down. This is highly doubtful, but i hope somehow Ghost or roach can return haha. With the weapons, I hope they dont try to get too fancy with and using futuristic or not very popular guns. I really hope they come out with a feature which lets you customize the looks of your character, like in Rainbow Six Vegas, in multiplayer. Either way, I am super excited for the next game...wasnt amazingly impressed with Black Ops.

Anyway, thats my 2c's. Just wanted to know what you guys think. And also if you guys have any more information about the game plz let me know!

-Thanks, buku

Avatar image for diegosanchezMMA
diegosanchezMMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 diegosanchezMMA
Member since 2010 • 830 Posts

so sick of COD in generall

do yourself a favor and buy brink, because its going to be the next big FPS, not to mention it could not be more different than COD

bu-ku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bu-ku

do yourself a favor and buy brink, because its going to be the next big FPS, not to mention it could not be more different than COD

diegosanchezMMA

HAHA riiggghht.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

[QUOTE="diegosanchezMMA"]

bu-ku

HAHA riiggghht.

You think hes joking? Its the first fps in a long while to try something new.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
ideas for mw3? just cancel production.... WELL 1 mw2 still have bugs and hackers that they can't even fix or at least don't want to try...
Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

Probably won't buy it, but I'll definately give it a rent to see how the multiplayer pans out. Don't really care much about the single player

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
People play CoD for the story? What?
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
they should just make it a modern warefare skin you can download for the multiplayer in black opps for $10. either that or cancel it and move onto the next franchise to start milking it dry.
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

No hardcore mode = probably no purchase for me. We'll see, but I doubt Brink is going to be the earth shattering revolution it's being touted as. It is Bethesda, though, and those guys are genius, so we'll see...
squiggles_pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 squiggles_pro
Member since 2011 • 91 Posts

bu-ku, im sorry that people cant post about the topic itself....

however im going to buy mw3 over any game that comes out around that time. (whats the release date again?)

i wont be buying it for the campaign though i love cod for the fast paced multiplayer, i was kind of disapointed in black ops and mw2 is my favorite fps ever so im reeeaaly looking forword to 3.

Avatar image for diegosanchezMMA
diegosanchezMMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 diegosanchezMMA
Member since 2010 • 830 Posts

bu-ku

HAHA riiggghht.

i was not joking, why would i want to pay 60 buck s for the same game every year? When a great company like Bethesda is making a totaly new diffrent experience. I will take my shot with brink, its sad to see infinity ward and treyarch is milking your wallet every year. Not to mention do not hold ure breath about the plot of MW3, does it matter what it really is? you know the single player will not be memorable, the online will be the same since mw1, the same annoying little kids will play, and if your lucky there will be no hackers until about a month or two after the game is released. Your welcome :)

squiggles_pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 squiggles_pro

[QUOTE="bu-ku"]

diegosanchezMMA

HAHA riiggghht.

i was not joking, why would i want to pay 60 buck s for the same game every year? When i great company like Bethesda is making a totaly new diffrent experience. I will take my shot with brink, its sad to see infinity ward and treyarch milking your wallet for people like you. Not to mention dont hold ure breath about the plot of MW3 you know it will have no single player, and it will be almost the same as Mw1 and Mw2. your welcome :)

how about this, im going to blow your mind..... ILL SAVE UP FOR BOTH. yeah. that just happened.

but seriously its a matter of preferance so niether of you should be talking **** about either games. you both like your favorite games for your own reasons and nothing anyone is going to tell you will change that, unless your a tool.

bu-ku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bu-ku

By the way i didnt create this thread for people who do not like Call of Duty or want to bash on it.

bu-ku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bu-ku

bu-ku, im sorry that people cant post about the topic itself....

however im going to buy mw3 over any game that comes out around that time. (whats the release date again?)

i wont be buying it for the campaign though i love cod for the fast paced multiplayer, i was kind of disapointed in black ops and mw2 is my favorite fps ever so im reeeaaly looking forword to 3.

squiggles_pro
Thank you for not trolling like everyone else lol. But i would presume that they are going to release it in november or late fall like the other series.
EXEraserVS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EXEraserVS
Member since 2011 • 346 Posts
I'd rather have Black Ops 2, or eve more Black Ops map packs to be honest. After MW2, I'm sick of MW. But Black Ops was more creative, felt fresh, and the maps are more bold in there design. I say max-out Black Ops and make it better because MW3 will be more of the same from the previous MWs.
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#16 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

[QUOTE="bu-ku"]

edinsftw

HAHA riiggghht.

"new" doesn't = better. It's still got to prove its worth and being a new IP, that's going to be VERY hard to do. Plus online in that game is so much different, I Think it is more like Borderlands/Mirror's Edge than a COD/BF.
Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

Hey guys. As you might know, Activision has still not released anymore information about the next installment of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. I just wanted to open up some food for thought on the forums about the upcoming game. What do you guys think about the next game? What do you think the plot will be? Characters? weapons? locations?

I think that in this next game, it will be more of a mercenary style game rather than being part of the Rangers of Tf141 team. I think that the main protagonists will be Nicolai, Soap, Cpt. Price. and another long lost character from MW1 (maybe MacMillan :)). I think will once again, be the U.S. again the Russians or possibly a new set of enemies. I think the plot will be finding Makarov (from mw2) and hunting him and his men down. This is highly doubtful, but i hope somehow Ghost or roach can return haha. With the weapons, I hope they dont try to get too fancy with and using futuristic or not very popular guns. I really hope they come out with a feature which lets you customize the looks of your character, like in Rainbow Six Vegas, in multiplayer. Either way, I am super excited for the next game...wasnt amazingly impressed with Black Ops.

Anyway, thats my 2c's. Just wanted to know what you guys think. And also if you guys have any more information about the game plz let me know!

-Thanks, buku

bu-ku

You can't really expect us to know what will go on....

Prediction: I Think that "Nikolai, Soap, Cpt Price," will have a hideout and try to fight off makarov's men and the situation going on with the "U.S" will have army invading russia avenging for what they did in America. I doubt "Ghost" and "Roach" will come in since they got killed by shepherd.

We'll have to see, and right now the release ETA will probably be around november or even early 2012. They might make an announcement in a week or 2.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
they should just make it a modern warefare skin you can download for the multiplayer in black opps for $10. either that or cancel it and move onto the next franchise to start milking it dry.2pac_makaveli
$10 skin lol thats funny. i bet they try charge $70 for that more then a full game lol
bu-ku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bu-ku

You can't really expect us to know what will go on....

Prediction: I Think that "Nikolai, Soap, Cpt Price," will have a hideout and try to fight off makarov's men and the situation going on with the "U.S" will have army invading russia avenging for what they did in America. I doubt "Ghost" and "Roach" will come in since they got killed by shepherd.

We'll have to see, and right now the release ETA will probably be around november or even early 2012. They might make an announcement in a week or 2.

I never "expected" "us" to know what was going on. I just wanted to open up some discussion about the game.

sharkbiscuit79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sharkbiscuit79
Member since 2009 • 1142 Posts

By the way i didnt create this thread for people who do not like Call of Duty or want to bash on it.

bu-ku
Ok let me ask you a few questions. Why do YOU want to buy a game thats not changed in 4 years and comes out every year and is full of bugs cheaters and glitches? why do you want to spend money (and at full price) buying a game that will just be a map pack? Have you ever thought about trying something new or different? There are multiplayer games out there that have LOADS more content and options and offer so much more fun? People are bashing it because we have all played them and we are done with the franchise that NEVER EVER offers ANYTHING new. Any one who wants the new CoD needs ther mind opening. And I for one am getting fed up with loging on to the forums and seeing 3 or 4 new threads on CoD game EVERY SINGLE DAY. Enough already please I beg you put something in your disc tray you might actually enjoy it.
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

[QUOTE="edinsftw"]

[QUOTE="bu-ku"]

HAHA riiggghht.

MaddenBowler10

"new" doesn't = better. It's still got to prove its worth and being a new IP, that's going to be VERY hard to do. Plus online in that game is so much different, I Think it is more like Borderlands/Mirror's Edge than a COD/BF.

It is really not the type of game thats going to be that great on console, its a game built around just plain fun which has been proven not work on consoles time and again ie: TF2, Shadow Run. Its also built around community which his also hard to find on consoles unless you and your real life friends play together.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
The plot will go as follows: Price and Soap, now hunted by both the US and Russia, pursue the only person who can clear their name from high treason accusations, the terrorist Makarov. Thanks to contacts in the US army they discover that the name Makarov is fake, his real name being Bobby Kotick, a ruthless terrorist posing as CEO of Activision. Their mission: storm Activision HQ, defeat Kotick's elite guards, free the Infinity Ward members held hostage and, after capturing Kotick, force him to air a message revealing what he and general Shepard were up to
bu-ku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bu-ku
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]The plot will go as follows: Price and Soap, now hunted by both the US and Russia, pursue the only person who can clear their name from high treason accusations, the terrorist Makarov. Thanks to contacts in the US army they discover that the name Makarov is fake, his real name being Bobby Kotick, a ruthless terrorist posing as CEO of Activision. Their mission: storm Activision HQ, defeat Kotick's elite guards, free the Infinity Ward members held hostage and, after capturing Kotick, force him to air a message revealing what he and general Shepard were up to

LMAO epic!
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

I've given up on COD.

bu-ku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bu-ku

[QUOTE="bu-ku"]

sharkbiscuit79

Ok let me ask you a few questions. Why do YOU want to buy a game thats not changed in 4 years and comes out every year and is full of bugs cheaters and glitches? why do you want to spend money (and at full price) buying a game that will just be a map pack? Have you ever thought about trying something new or different? There are multiplayer games out there that have LOADS more content and options and offer so much more fun? People are bashing it because we have all played them and we are done with the franchise that NEVER EVER offers ANYTHING new. Any one who wants the new CoD needs ther mind opening. And I for one am getting fed up with loging on to the forums and seeing 3 or 4 new threads on CoD game EVERY SINGLE DAY. Enough already please I beg you put something in your disc tray you might actually enjoy it.

1. The game has changed, and i like what they do with every game. 2. Its not just a map pack, i think the bigger picture needs to be looked at here. The games ARE different and unique 3. I play multiple other games, not just cod. 4. I think cod multiplayer is great, and i agree there are other games that have fun multiplayer. 5. Then why the **** are you searching or commenting on them?

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

diegosanchezMMA
Lol nice one. Yeah not happening.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
It will probably be ridiculously farfetched like MW2s
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LustForSoul
It will probably be ridiculously farfetched like MW2sOverlord93
Like every other game out there?
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Overlord93
[QUOTE="Overlord93"]It will probably be ridiculously farfetched like MW2sLustForSoul

There is: "small elite team taking out an entire crew of a freighter" far fetched...then there is: "2 guys running through a firefight of about 600 dudes and a US general who murders his own soldiers then sets them on fire himself" far fetched... If a game wants to be rediculus fine, but that rediculousness needs to be justified. Halo is rediculous, but it is set in the future so it can do whatever the hell it wants. CoD set its feet in gritty, somwhat true to life storytelling, so yeah
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LustForSoul

[QUOTE="LustForSoul"][QUOTE="Overlord93"]It will probably be ridiculously farfetched like MW2sOverlord93

There is: "small elite team taking out an entire crew of a freighter" far fetched...then there is: "2 guys running through a firefight of about 600 dudes and a US general who murders his own soldiers then sets them on fire himself" far fetched... If a game wants to be rediculus fine, but that rediculousness needs to be justified. Halo is rediculous, but it is set in the future so it can do whatever the hell it wants. CoD set its feet in gritty, somwhat true to life storytelling, so yeah

But that's what heroes do. Otherwise it'd be boring gameplay and the elite squad wouldn't be so elite. You can do whatever you want in a game, making it unbelievable makes it better. Nothing is farfetched in games, creativity is endless. ~~

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Overlord93

[QUOTE="Overlord93"][QUOTE="LustForSoul"] Like every other game out there?LustForSoul

But that's what heroes do. Otherwise it'd be boring gameplay and the elite squad wouldn't be so elite. You can do whatever you want in a game, making it unbelievable makes it better. Nothing is farfetched in games, creativity is endless. ~~

Not when 50% of the appeal is the reality of the setting. really poor argument you're trying to make. Needless to say in the aspect of storywriting, MW2 was beyond bad. If writing was only about making your hero as heroic as possible, all we would have would be a load of 1 man army games like halo. And even then, halo put good reasoning and storyline into why your character was so strong. You have to set your storyline with understandable and plot/era sensible aspects otherwise people will not be able to link with what you are trying to tell. i.e. it will seem farfetched, hence why I laughed my way through MW2

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LustForSoul

[QUOTE="LustForSoul"]

[QUOTE="Overlord93"] There is: "small elite team taking out an entire crew of a freighter" far fetched...then there is: "2 guys running through a firefight of about 600 dudes and a US general who murders his own soldiers then sets them on fire himself" far fetched... If a game wants to be rediculus fine, but that rediculousness needs to be justified. Halo is rediculous, but it is set in the future so it can do whatever the hell it wants. CoD set its feet in gritty, somwhat true to life storytelling, so yeahOverlord93

Not when 50% of the appeal is the reality of the setting. really poor argument you're trying to make. Needless to say in the aspect of storywriting, MW2 was beyond bad. If writing was only about making your hero as heroic as possible, all we would have would be a load of 1 man army games like halo. And even then, halo put good reasoning and storyline into why your character was so strong. You have to set your storyline with understandable and plot/era sensible aspects otherwise people will not be able to link with what you are trying to tell. i.e. it will seem farfetched, hence why I laughed my way through MW2

It does have a plot, it seems to me you just think it's too simple. No there is no explanation as to why you can kill a 100 man army with only 2 people. It just makes your character seem bad-ass, which to the big audience (non-regular-gamers included) is cool. For a game that is heavily dependant on its multiplayer, it has a good campaign, it's all just about bad-assery. All of the cod's were like this, it's what made it sell.

But yeah, for you it's just too weak to be a plot (which I understand). In my eyes it's decent, it doesn't need 3 novels to be understood like halo.

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#33 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy Battlefield 3 when it is released.
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy Battlefield 3 when it is released. Kcdragon8116
This
Jdez15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Jdez15
Member since 2011 • 202 Posts

I heard it was going to be an RPG, but who knows. They have to try something new. But I hate people that say they aren't going to buy it when it's still 6 months away...You don't even know anything about the game yet, yet your bashing the hell out of it. SHAKE MY HEAD

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LustForSoul

I heard it was going to be an RPG, but who knows. They have to try something new. But I hate people that say they aren't going to buy it when it's still 6 months away...You don't even know anything about the game yet, yet your bashing the hell out of it. SHAKE MY HEAD

Jdez15
So far it's been all COD 4 expansions and people kept buying them. If they didn't get the point at black ops they will buy them again, so ignore trolls. They will buy the game.
squiggles_pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 squiggles_pro

[QUOTE="bu-ku"]

sharkbiscuit79

Ilike call of duty because i have the option to. Having played all these other fps's cod is the only one that keeps me coming back. And if you dont like how theres 232343 posts about cod then maybe gamespot is not for you. dont waste your time flaming call of duty because you have nothing better to do. And im sure you have nothing better to do if you ARE flaming topics on a forum. the tc was asking to chat about MW3. if you cant handle that thendont post.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts
[QUOTE="Kcdragon8116"]Do yourself a favor and buy Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 when they're released. Black_Knight_00
Fixed

Unfixed. :) You can't misquote. lawls
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

From Gamecentral---"Activision did spare a few words for the new game though, insisting that: 'The creative excellence and sheer scale of the game we are making, and the unprecedented online universe that will accompany it, will reset the bar for this genre, giving players a new level of immersion, connectivity, community and, of course, epic action.'

Heard that one before Activision!:roll:

Jdez15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jdez15

I heard there was a rumor about the maps, perks, and weapons on N4G.com

Jdez15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jdez15

I've given up on COD.

superapo

Until next November comes, you're going to hop on MW3 so fast haha. You know it.

Jdez15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jdez15

diegosanchezMMA

How about we stray away from FPS and all buy Mortal Kombat haha. Chill, and have fun.