Modders/Hackers are running wild all over XBOX LIVE!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

First ive notice was COD4 where this guy uses a pistol to shoot endless, accurate RPGs. Now, just now playing GTA4 in ranked GTA RACES, this hacker had endless amounts of grenades that literally filled the entire road. Reporting him does no good seeing that he claims MS cant track him,people have reported him for 6 months and nothing. Why would someone take their time out to hack a video game just to annoying people?! If MS doesnt crack down on this, its going to get worst.

bronxxbombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 bronxxbombers
Member since 2009 • 2840 Posts
Ive never really had problems with hackers.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tjeremiah1988
Ive never really had problems with hackers.bronxxbombers
you will.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
Team Fortress makes me sick sometimes. You can just get out and go to other match but still!.. The thing is that it was really rare to see hackers/modders but now you see a lot more times. Theyre even worst then campers and i really hate campers to death :P
DarknessLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DarknessLion
Member since 2008 • 2305 Posts
ive met a modder. Sometimes they can be pretty bad but the one I met was cool. It was in GTA4 and he was flying around in a bus and spawning vehicles I asked if he was a modder to spawn a Rancher (In Multiplayer since theres only one spot to find them and it takes for ever.) he filled star junction with 20 different color ranchers from black to pink. I wish I had taken a pick but o well.
RimeSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RimeSoldier
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

how the hell is thia even possible?! i didnt know consoles could be hacked :(

sk8erwarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 sk8erwarlock
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
umm, big deal? Seriously, it happens rarely for me, and their usually pretty chill
DarknessLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarknessLion
Member since 2008 • 2305 Posts

how the hell is thia even possible?! i didnt know consoles could be hacked :(

RimeSoldier
Im not going to say that I know how but I have a very accurate guess on how its done with GTA4. Its very complicated and not worth the possibility of getting banned.
DGDG1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DGDG1989
Member since 2009 • 344 Posts
Thats why I dont play online. XD!
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tjeremiah1988

umm, big deal? Seriously, it happens rarely for me, and their usually pretty chillsk8erwarlock
umm, stop trying to be smart ass. It actually is a big deal when a hacker can easily hack a system which can gain access to others he meets online. The ones I've run into are racist and think they own everything/everyone.

WEAPON_X_RECON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WEAPON_X_RECON
Member since 2009 • 232 Posts

I agree it's very stupid but your gonna always have people who cheat, but in the long run they are only hurting themselves

ViewtifulScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ViewtifulScott
Member since 2005 • 878 Posts
You can't stop this sort of thing. Good thing I just don't play competitive games online, so it doesn't bother me a bit.
FadeToBlack90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FadeToBlack90
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

Ive had my 360 for just over 2 years, and luckily have avioded any modders/hackers.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

Ive never really had problems with hackers.bronxxbombers

Same. I play tons of games online on Gears 2, Battlefield Bad Company, CoD4, and others and the only stuff I have run into was people using glitches on Gears 2 (which were fixed) and sometimes on CoD4 someone would have a turbo controller. But nothing major.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
Thats why I dont play online. XD!DGDG1989
That's a bad reason, they're incredibly rare.
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

glad i don't play mp

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#17 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

Currently only playing multiplayer with GRAW 2 & Battlefield 1943, no problems.

RCGV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RCGV
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts
Team Fortress makes me sick sometimes. You can just get out and go to other match but still!.. The thing is that it was really rare to see hackers/modders but now you see a lot more times. Theyre even worst then campers and i really hate campers to death :Pgow117
TF2 does have a lot of hackers. I once joined a match on Gravel Pit, and found that my entire team was sealed in. An enemy engineer with infinite invincibility apparently phased through the wall and started mowing us down.
zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
[QUOTE="DGDG1989"]Thats why I dont play online. XD!Englando_IV
That's a bad reason, they're incredibly rare.

Have you ever played halo?There was a $h1tload of hackers on that game.I could name most of them.They would jack your account,take money off of your credit card,the works.I played with some but i knew them so it wasn't a big deal for me
cthecoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 cthecoffee
Member since 2003 • 1432 Posts

zomg, hackers like zero cool and acid burn??? surious buiness

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

I have never encountered a modder/hacker in Cod4, Halo 3, Gears 1/2 or any other game ever on xbox live. And this is more of a blogpost than anything...

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#22 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
i've played many online 360 games and many online PC games and even when it comes to that, i see very few hackers. even on Counter Strike on the PC, i don't even see much and Youtube's full of CS hack videos
RedReckoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 RedReckoning
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts

Single Player is better anyway. I just wish you could throw your phone in the ocean though.

kmart_43210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 kmart_43210
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts

Modders/hackers are usually pretty cool... I had a modder friend in Halo 2 that I used to play loads of custom games with. Needless to say, the banhammer caught up with him pretty quickly, but still.

HOWEVER, I do agree that those who play competitively are extremely annoying. They're too rare to be much of a problem though.

Innocentguy757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Innocentguy757
Member since 2004 • 5410 Posts
The turbo controller kids are starting to get to me...
Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts

First ive notice was COD4 where this guy uses a pistol to shoot endless, accurate RPGs. Now, just now playing GTA4 in ranked GTA RACES, this hacker had endless amounts of grenades that literally filled the entire road. Reporting him does no good seeing that he claims MS cant track him,people have reported him for 6 months and nothing. Why would someone take their time out to hack a video game just to annoying people?! If MS doesnt crack down on this, its going to get worst.

Tjeremiah1988

The COD4 issue you mentioned is a flaw in the COD4 code that the game developers need to fix, its caused by people making modifications to xbox 360 hardware. I wouldn't worry to much about the GTA4 thing, maybe he was just stocking up on grenades? I do wish Microsoft would just bring out the ban hammer and lay down the law :x

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

The turbo controller kids are starting to get to me...Innocentguy757

Seriously. I'm sick of people who suck at GTA4 using turbos to beat people better than them. They are HORRIBLE and just frustrate you. All they do is get an M4 and use its range to hunt down everyone else, who have either pistols or smgs. Pathetic. I've beaten quite a few of them in both DM and TDM, but it's just stressful as hell for good, competitive players like me when games that should be a breeze and enjoyable, easy ways to get cash turn into a struggle because you have to go pwn turbo chumpswho keep sneaking up on you with M4s and 1 shotting you.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
the only type of modders that are running all over xbox live are those who use turbo controllers, and thats more cheating than anything...but annoying never the less
topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29 topher78714
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

[QUOTE="sk8erwarlock"]umm, big deal? Seriously, it happens rarely for me, and their usually pretty chillTjeremiah1988

umm, stop trying to be smart ass. It actually is a big deal when a hacker can easily hack a system which can gain access to others he meets online. The ones I've run into are racist and think they own everything/everyone.

well maybe they do own everything/everyone! haha, but seriously I rarely run into them and when I do it's not the end of the world.
DaGhOsT187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 DaGhOsT187
Member since 2007 • 414 Posts

[QUOTE="Innocentguy757"]The turbo controller kids are starting to get to me...elpooz

Seriously. I'm sick of people who suck at GTA4 using turbos to beat people better than them. They are HORRIBLE and just frustrate you. All they do is get an M4 and use its range to hunt down everyone else, who have either pistols or smgs. Pathetic. I've beaten quite a few of them in both DM and TDM, but it's just stressful as hell for good, competitive players like me when games that should be a breeze and enjoyable, easy ways to get cash turn into a struggle because you have to go pwn turbo chumpswho keep sneaking up on you with M4s and 1 shotting you.

Used to be my favorite MP shooter the first 6-8 months then, all of a sudden Matchs and game play started to change, To many guys stripping threw Your FUll armor and health in 1 shoot , Its alot diffrent the kinda effect it has compared to a Guy with a turbo on COD4,

COd 4 it makes the pistil shoot fast but inaccurate and only turn the semi into regular autos...There really not that much of a advantage in COd4

I tried one /Had to, i needed to know how i was being raped and how guys were getting 60+ kills and 3-4 death in gta4 MP,, Still dont know why waste there time, With there little PINKy bottun and The whole thing/guess what ever helps there low self esteem..

Reason i just play GEars and COD for my shooter now and pretty much retired GTA4 , it was so fun the first 6-7 months

P.s Im a GTA grenaidair , YOU can collect aND CAN HOLD 24 naddes and run and drive around dropping them.....I call it airRaiding.

i stopped playing for rank and started playing for kill style. While i wait and collect naddes Poeple are getting kills, while i wait for them to respawn,

Nadds and molotaves and your knife kills make gta a blast, Even if you come in last

fanderal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fanderal
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Hackers on the 360? Why to egomaniacs act like it isn't possible. Just today alone i saw 2 people fly over a building. I have seen people shoot behind them while running. was killed through the map in COD 4. That game is getting hacked more then the PC version. What can be done to stop it? Will MW2 be just as bad?
joke_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 joke_man
Member since 2005 • 1177 Posts

Hackers on the 360? Why to egomaniacs act like it isn't possible. Just today alone i saw 2 people fly over a building. I have seen people shoot behind them while running. was killed through the map in COD 4. That game is getting hacked more then the PC version. What can be done to stop it? Will MW2 be just as bad?fanderal

@Fanderal

Dead thread, leave it the ground where it belongs noobie