Migrating offline account saves/achievements to online account possible?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chadw_genx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 chadw_genx
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any help I get on this. I didn't have broadband internet on my 360 until almost a year after buying it. As a result, I always played with an offline account. When I went to go online, my new gamer account doesn't have any of the saves or achievements that my offline account had.

So my question is, is it possible to migrate that offline account with my new online one? Thanks!

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
I think there may be a way to do something along thhose lines, look around in the support section of xbox.com
Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts
I dont know for sure, but i do know a lot of people have had that problem and no one I know has gotten their achievements back... I think there is some kind of reset thing when you first activate XBL. If you do find a way, let us know!
chadw_genx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chadw_genx

Ok,

I'm going to look into it and if I find a way or find out that it's all in vain, I'll post my findings here either way.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
how it works is online keeps a backup copy ur accounts achievements and gamertag. it also keeps a record of which xbox ur account is locked to as your gamertag is locked to a perticular xbox so other people cant use ur profile without enterting all ur details. when you recover a gamertag, effectivly you are moving the gamertag to that xbox. the last profile you recovered is the current one and only version of the gamertag thats backed up u cant recover it on one computer and then have it function on another xbox and get it to go back on live. if u say have a xbox loose the internet and play offline, then goto a friends and recover it on his xbox to go online so the account dont goto waste, then any achievements you get on the orignal offline xbox while its offline will not cout. you've moved the rights to use that account to your friends xbox. when you go back online the offline xbox wont be able to go on live to backup all ur achievements to ur online account. becuase u moved it to another xbox. when u go online it wont work and say u have to recover ur gamertag. but if u recover then its going to load the gamertag achievements exactly the same as the last time you put ur friends xbox online. because when u recover ur overwriting whats on ur xbox with the known good backup. they is as far as i know no way to merge the 2 accounts together, probally because it wud be a easy way to pull out a exploit to get achievements from gamesaves. if you intend to get offline achievements and connect to the net again at a later date and keep these achievements then dont ever recover the account on another xbox. copy ur profile onto a memory card or take ur hard disc around to a friends as when u recover it u move it to his xboxs and all ur offline work will be lost.
chadw_genx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chadw_genx

Thanks for the info.

Sucks that all my offline stuff is lost, but oh well, I will frag on, lol. Thanks again!

chadw_genx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chadw_genx

Thanks again everyone for all the help in this matter. I also received some great help from Xbox Live, what follows is their response to my inquiry related to this thread, posted here for reference:

[Microsoft Xbox Live Spokesman begin quote:]

Thank you for writing Xbox Customer Support!

We have received your email and I understand that you want to know how to keep achievements from an offline profile when you create a new Gamertag on Xbox LIVE. I apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused you. Use this steps if the following conditions are true:

. You have achievements in an offline profile that you want to keep.

. You created a gamer card at Xbox.com before you joined Xbox LIVE.

If you create an offline profile on your Xbox 360, and you also create a profile at Xbox.com, the two profiles are separate. One profile is stored on the console, and the other profile is stored on Xbox LIVE. To create an online profile that has the same Gamertag and with all achievements, delete your placeholder Xbox LIVE profile and replace it with your offline profile.

To delete your placeholder Xbox LIVE profile and replace it with your offline profile, follow these steps on your Xbox 360 console:

1. In the Xbox Dashboard or in the Xbox Guide, open your gamer profile, and then select Edit Gamer Profile.

2. Click Profile Name.

3. Use the on-screen keyboard to enter a new profile name, and then select Done. For example, change ProfileNameA to ProfileNameB .

Or, back up your profile to an Xbox 360 Memory Unit without changing the name. Steps on how to move a gamer profile from an Xbox 360 Hard Drive to an Xbox 360 Memory Unit, please follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910584/en-us

4. Press the B button two times.

5. Press the X button to sign out.

6. In the Xbox LIVE section, select Xbox LIVE.

7. Select Join Xbox LIVE.

8. On the Gamertag screen, enter your Gamertag (ProfileNameA). If this is the same name as your placeholder Gamertag, the Gamertag In Use screen appears.

9. Select Recover Gamertag, and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen.

. Make sure that you have your Windows Live ID account password and e-mail address available.

. Make sure that you create a free Xbox LIVE Silver Membership. You probably will not keep or use this membership after this procedure.

10. After you recover the online profile to your console, repeat steps 1 and 2 to change the name of this Gamertag to something other than ProfileNameA. For example, change the name to ProfileNameC. After you do this, you have two profiles. Neither of these profiles has the same name as your original Gamertag ProfileNameA. ProfileNameA is now available.

Note: Finish this procedure immediately so that your available Gamertag profile name is not taken by someone else.

Note: You must redeem Microsoft Points to change a Gamertag that is linked to an Xbox LIVE membership. If you have no Microsoft Points, you will have the option to purchase them.

11. Press the X button to sign out.

12. Select Sign In, and then select your original profile that you renamed in step 3 ( ProfileNameB ).

13. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to change the name of ProfileNameB back to ProfileNameA .

Or, if you moved ProfileNameA to a memory unit in step three, move it back to your Xbox 360 console.

14. Repeat step 5 to join Xbox LIVE. Use your original Gamertag.

Note: You have to provide or create an alternative Windows Live ID during signup because your original Windows Live ID account is linked to the ProfileNameC Gamertag.

15. After you complete these steps successfully, delete the ProfileNameC Gamertag from your console.

[End Quote of Microsoft Spokesman]

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

Thanks for the info.

Sucks that all my offline stuff is lost, but oh well, I will frag on, lol. Thanks again!

chadw_genx
its only lost if u previousily went online with the offline account and recovered it elsewhere on another xbox. if u not been online and recovered it else where then its not lost and u can just make that a new xbox live account for that card
chad_daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chad_daddy
Member since 2008 • 500 Posts
Yea my friends had 2400 GS and he put it online just put it on the same xbox,don't lose your stats,don't listen to MS they just want to start over so you can play some more just go to your offline account then sign up for live on it and make sure when it shows your new tag it has the same GS
chad_daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chad_daddy

Thanks again everyone for all the help in this matter. I also received some great help from Xbox Live, what follows is their response to my inquiry related to this thread, posted here for reference:

[Microsoft Xbox Live Spokesman begin quote:]

Thank you for writing Xbox Customer Support!

We have received your email and I understand that you want to know how to keep achievements from an offline profile when you create a new Gamertag on Xbox LIVE. I apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused you. Use this steps if the following conditions are true:

. You have achievements in an offline profile that you want to keep.

. You created a gamer card at Xbox.com before you joined Xbox LIVE.

If you create an offline profile on your Xbox 360, and you also create a profile at Xbox.com, the two profiles are separate. One profile is stored on the console, and the other profile is stored on Xbox LIVE. To create an online profile that has the same Gamertag and with all achievements, delete your placeholder Xbox LIVE profile and replace it with your offline profile.

To delete your placeholder Xbox LIVE profile and replace it with your offline profile, follow these steps on your Xbox 360 console:

1. In the Xbox Dashboard or in the Xbox Guide, open your gamer profile, and then select Edit Gamer Profile.

2. Click Profile Name.

3. Use the on-screen keyboard to enter a new profile name, and then select Done. For example, change ProfileNameA to ProfileNameB .

Or, back up your profile to an Xbox 360 Memory Unit without changing the name. Steps on how to move a gamer profile from an Xbox 360 Hard Drive to an Xbox 360 Memory Unit, please follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910584/en-us

4. Press the B button two times.

5. Press the X button to sign out.

6. In the Xbox LIVE section, select Xbox LIVE.

7. Select Join Xbox LIVE.

8. On the Gamertag screen, enter your Gamertag (ProfileNameA). If this is the same name as your placeholder Gamertag, the Gamertag In Use screen appears.

9. Select Recover Gamertag, and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen.

. Make sure that you have your Windows Live ID account password and e-mail address available.

. Make sure that you create a free Xbox LIVE Silver Membership. You probably will not keep or use this membership after this procedure.

10. After you recover the online profile to your console, repeat steps 1 and 2 to change the name of this Gamertag to something other than ProfileNameA. For example, change the name to ProfileNameC. After you do this, you have two profiles. Neither of these profiles has the same name as your original Gamertag ProfileNameA. ProfileNameA is now available.

Note: Finish this procedure immediately so that your available Gamertag profile name is not taken by someone else.

Note: You must redeem Microsoft Points to change a Gamertag that is linked to an Xbox LIVE membership. If you have no Microsoft Points, you will have the option to purchase them.

11. Press the X button to sign out.

12. Select Sign In, and then select your original profile that you renamed in step 3 ( ProfileNameB ).

13. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to change the name of ProfileNameB back to ProfileNameA .

Or, if you moved ProfileNameA to a memory unit in step three, move it back to your Xbox 360 console.

14. Repeat step 5 to join Xbox LIVE. Use your original Gamertag.

Note: You have to provide or create an alternative Windows Live ID during signup because your original Windows Live ID account is linked to the ProfileNameC Gamertag.

15. After you complete these steps successfully, delete the ProfileNameC Gamertag from your console.

[End Quote of Microsoft Spokesman]

chadw_genx
Wow what does that have to do with this
chad_daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chad_daddy
BAsically you joined xbox with a new gamertag you have to register your old one so delete the new one and sing up with your old one,unless you want to use the free one month on the new one first to get good.