Microsoft Smash Brothers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ANU81SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ANU81SS
Member since 2004 • 114 Posts

Does anyone else dream of a game similar to Super Smash Brothers but on 360 with all of microsofts great characters. Obviously itd have masterchief and maybe the bioshock guy or shepard from mass effect who knows.

What would your favorite character be to add to the list of fighters if such a game came out?

RipaX21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 RipaX21
Member since 2005 • 1675 Posts
It would be mostly a shoot out featuring characters like Master Cheif, Marcus Fenix, a Big Daddy, and the hero from Fable running around with an Obsidian Warhammer getting torn apart by crossfire. It wouldn't work nearly as well as Nintendo's game.
ANU81SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ANU81SS
Well this is true but they could go with the same form of punches and kicks and then three special moves each and obviously masterchief might have a sword and marcus maybe a chainsaw and bioshock guy could us his powers or a big daddy could drill and then possibly even ryu could be in the game since we have had some ninja gaidens first not neccesarily exclusive tho.
super_slonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 super_slonik
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

Thats the problem... MS doesnt haave that many exclusive games and/or characters to add.

Master-Chef (:P) will of course be the first one. Maybe dude from Gears of War.

Sephiroth__666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Sephiroth__666
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

Thats the problem... MS doesnt haave that many exclusive games and/or characters to add.

super_slonik

Not the dude, his name is Marcus Fenix.

ANU81SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ANU81SS

Well it doesnt ahve to be exclusive nintendo has signed on snake which is definitely been sony lately but some more people for the list could be

the blue dragon kid that would be awesome to see him face master chief lol

also crackdown guy

maybe cortana or the black general guy or arbiter could be added in

also dante from devil may cry since capcom has been makin xbox some games lately

the psychonauts dude

also the resident evil 5 character or even a zombie

ANU81SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ANU81SS
bump
Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts
it sounds cool but the thing is...not enough characters to make it deep...nintendo has 15 years more experience with alot more exclusive characters who are not as focused on "real life" as microsoft is so is easy to pick from a huge grab bag that nintendo is...
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Altair from Assassin's Creed

Ryu/Chun-Li/Ken or anyone else from Street Fighter

Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden

Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank (instead of microsoft smash bros, make it multiplatform, MS doesn't have nearly enough badass characters)

Maybe make then 3D and add all the guys from Metal Slug

Kratos from God Of War

Master Chief from Halo (hey if a spartan can be in DOA4, why not a brawl game?)

Big Daddy from Bioshock

The Overlord from Overlord (have lots of minion based attacks)

Frank West from Dead Rising (make him kind of like Mr. Game and Watch from Melee, where his moves consist of random objects, frying pan etc etc)

At first I thought this wouldn't work, but as you can see you REALLY got me thinking! haha

ANU81SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ANU81SS

Well somehow i doubt we will get kratos from Sony but that would be awesome i hate to say it but playstation could definteily make a good smash they have plenty of characters to pick from final fantasy and what not.

Although i stll think itd be awesome if microsoft tried somethin like this especially since the online is much more streamlined and accessible than the wii eeven if the game mechanics were a straight rip off itd be sweet imagine all the item possibilites instead of the hammer maybe the rocket launcher would be the new elite item and then give all the characters a final smash that would be awesome. Also to add to the list

anyKUF character

and what would be really funny would be to add a star athlete in someone from madden or somethin or come to think of it one of the made up characters from the new nfl blitz they could have special moves like tackle and bone break lol

an enchanted arm character

maybe a phantasy star character specials could be sword or gun or a technic

ANU81SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ANU81SS

o sry didnt see your multiplatform idea

that would be genius and maybe for once all the companys get get together sorta in a company face type game and you could pick a character from sony, nintendo, or microsoft and then all console could duel it out online and the leadin company for wins would be on the leaderboards it would eb the ultimate console wars

ANU81SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ANU81SS
bump
androflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 androflash
Member since 2005 • 1034 Posts

It would be awesome to see a smash brothers kind of game in the 360 because if they use characters like master chief, altair, marcus fenix, etc it would mean the game would be a lot more closer to reality, maybe up to the point you can see fenix's chainsaw cut altair in two... that would be awesome.

I believe microsoft has enough characters to make this idea work

arbiter, master chief, cortana, fenix, baird, cole, dom, altair, garrus, wrex, shepard, kaiden, ashley, some of the guys from rainbow six vegas, etc... thats more than enough for me.. and they could always add new downloadable characters as more characters become available, an advantage nintendo didnt have.

Sydwynder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sydwynder
Member since 2004 • 643 Posts
Marcus Fenix's name actually should have been " The Dude" as in The Big Lebowski. This game would suck like you wouldn't believe. All those characters are not Microsoft characters, they belong to other companies. The Smash Bros. characters are pretty much if not all Nintendo owned characters so sorry but its a dum idea.......
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
I wouldn't like it because most of them use guns and it would become boring.
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#16 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

It would be mostly a shoot out featuring characters like Master Cheif, Marcus Fenix, a Big Daddy, and the hero from Fable running around with an Obsidian Warhammer getting torn apart by crossfire. It wouldn't work nearly as well as Nintendo's game.RipaX21

^^^^^^^^ He's right ^^^^^

fntsycloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fntsycloud
Member since 2002 • 748 Posts
I forget what it's called, and it doesn't use MS characters, but there is already a SSB clone on Live.
KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts

also crackdown guy

ANU81SS

which guy there were like 20 agents to pick from

Mr-Snowman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mr-Snowman93
Member since 2008 • 73 Posts
SGT. Johnson anyone?!
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#20 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
i would realy just want a great dragon ball z with 1v1 or even 2v2 lol online
USSR_Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 USSR_Hawk
Member since 2008 • 112 Posts

marcus fenix

Master chief and arbiter

tartarus

overlord

big daddy

shepard

lost planet guy

dead rising zombie killer

actually im starting to think that it might be better than ninterno

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

Smash Bros. is successful because it mixes nostalgia with some fun multiplayer. A MSB game wouldn't be great because Microsoft hasn't had a console (or characters) around long enough for people to feel nostalgic for them.

I mean, if Smash Bros didn't have classic characters that we love in it then it would just be a generic semi-fighting game.

GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GungraveZero
Member since 2004 • 2791 Posts

Smash Bros. is successful because it mixes nostalgia with some fun multiplayer. A MSB game wouldn't be great because Microsoft hasn't had a console (or characters) around long enough for people to feel nostalgic for them.

I mean, if Smash Bros didn't have classic characters that we love in it then it would just be a generic semi-fighting game.

PlasmaBeam44

Exactly, maybe next generation or the generation after that would be good, but not now.

pjam07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pjam07
Member since 2004 • 170 Posts

It would be mostly a shoot out featuring characters like Master Cheif, Marcus Fenix, a Big Daddy, and the hero from Fable running around with an Obsidian Warhammer getting torn apart by crossfire. It wouldn't work nearly as well as Nintendo's game.RipaX21

not necessarily true, i mean they could def be balanced out. Nintendos charactars also have range attacks in ssb

Avatar image for See_Brandon_358
See_Brandon_358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 See_Brandon_358
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts
think about it, Sony will make a smash bros like game before MS. MS makes mainly RPG's and FPS's. FPS's and RPG's are either you arent seeing your character or you can customize although the character is there in games like Halo.
pokegeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pokegeek
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
hell..... I vote that it will because as soon as I'm making them, I'm making this. foo.
gamegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gamegod
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts

master cheif

arbiter

cortana

marcus fenix

blinx

banjo

conker

big daddy

main character from fable

buldur

commander shepard

main character from braid

castle crashers knights

FalcoBrawl13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FalcoBrawl13
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Sorry to bump this but there are tons of characters that you could add: Master Chief Marcus Fenix Banjo & Kazooie Fable Guy (I think its sparrow?) The Arbitor The Crackdown agent (Colour change could be changing agent) Dom Cole Baird Forge (from Halo Wars) The Rookie (ODST) Conker Kameo (Like pokemon Trainer from brawl, can transform into different forms) That horse from Viva Pinata Now, lets see. Other Microsoft franchises withc characters A shrunken Mechwarrior Your Avatar Baulder (too Human) Skorge RAAM Alan Wake Jo Dark Guy From Shadow Complex (with Foam Gun weapon) Blue Dragon Kid N3 Guy KUF Guy Lost Oddyssy Guy A party animal from VP Possibly Blinx Possibly Voodoo Vince & if they got some 3rd party dudes Sam Fisher Shepard L4D Gang Big Daddy Ezio I think that says it all, & BTW not all the characters have to be major popular, look at ROB, Game & Watch & Ice Climbers
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

Marcus Fenix's name actually should have been " The Dude" as in The Big Lebowski. This game would suck like you wouldn't believe. All those characters are not Microsoft characters, they belong to other companies. The Smash Bros. characters are pretty much if not all Nintendo owned characters so sorry but its a dum idea.......Sydwynder

sonic, solid snake and pokemon arent nintendo exclusive characters. This game would be a huge hit amongst 360 gamers. Ryu and masterchief going at it would be classic.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

Sorry to bump this but there are tons of characters that you could add: Master Chief Marcus Fenix Banjo & Kazooie Fable Guy (I think its sparrow?) The Arbitor The Crackdown agent (Colour change could be changing agent) Dom Cole Baird Forge (from Halo Wars) The Rookie (ODST) Conker Kameo (Like pokemon Trainer from brawl, can transform into different forms) That horse from Viva Pinata Now, lets see. Other Microsoft franchises withc characters A shrunken Mechwarrior Your Avatar Baulder (too Human) Skorge RAAM Alan Wake Jo Dark Guy From Shadow Complex (with Foam Gun weapon) Blue Dragon Kid N3 Guy KUF Guy Lost Oddyssy Guy A party animal from VP Possibly Blinx Possibly Voodoo Vince & if they got some 3rd party dudes Sam Fisher Shepard L4D Gang Big Daddy Ezio I think that says it all, & BTW not all the characters have to be major popular, look at ROB, Game & Watch & Ice ClimbersFalcoBrawl13

Heh, if all those characters were actually in one fighting game then that'd be a definite day one purchase for me.

ghost5891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 ghost5891
Member since 2004 • 1296 Posts
small arms is pretty close and isn't that bad of a game.
Furanko_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Furanko_Kun
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
Don't forget the ladies of Dead or Alive. :D That'll make it M for Men. xD
DaveyBoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 DaveyBoy123
Member since 2004 • 2216 Posts
[QUOTE="super_slonik"]

Sephiroth__666

Not the dude, his name is Marcus Fenix.

butthurt?
ghost5891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 ghost5891
Member since 2004 • 1296 Posts
really all the characters that people are mentioning would be great for a smash bros type game. no one says they have to have guns either just because they have them in there normal games. it would be awesome to see marcus fenix and master chief fighting fist to fist.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BLAS1AN

Don't forget the ladies of Dead or Alive. :D That'll make it M for Men. xDFuranko_Kun

oh yeah...Kasumi..they would have to tone down the jigglies tho to get the E rating, lol

Furanko_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Furanko_Kun
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

[QUOTE="Furanko_Kun"]Don't forget the ladies of Dead or Alive. :D That'll make it M for Men. xDBLAS1AN

oh yeah...Kasumi..they would have to tone down the jigglies tho to get the E rating, lol

Hey if Nintendo can have Samus in a speedo we can at least have some jiggle. xD
elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
I dont think it would work as a fighter, as most exclusive characters manage only guns
KinehdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KinehdX
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
talk to rare.. conker... banjo kazooie.. donkey kong etc. Many characters can be pulled from these and mix in things like Master Chief and maybe Kaim from Lost Odyssey.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#39 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I would not find such a game appealing.

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
It would probably be a FPS XD
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BLAS1AN

It would probably be a FPS XDNintendoGamer3

thats a low blow, lol

wrekk8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wrekk8
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts

[QUOTE="Sydwynder"]Marcus Fenix's name actually should have been " The Dude" as in The Big Lebowski. This game would suck like you wouldn't believe. All those characters are not Microsoft characters, they belong to other companies. The Smash Bros. characters are pretty much if not all Nintendo owned characters so sorry but its a dum idea.......BLAS1AN

sonic, solid snake and pokemon arent nintendo exclusive characters. This game would be a huge hit amongst 360 gamers. Ryu and masterchief going at it would be classic.

i dont mean to critcise but pokemon are nintendo exclusive characters, have you ever seen pokemon on any other home console or handheld other than nintendo. agreed that snake and sonic arent nintendo exclusives but they were probably added in there to appeal to a different market.

unfortunately i dont like this idea as small arms on XBLA is the equivilent and is actually a really good game

The_Dowell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Dowell
Member since 2009 • 353 Posts

Maybe even Munch/ Abe/ Stranger from the Oddworld Series

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

I think an XBLA Smash style game would work much better. There's a lot more OCs in the arcade than there are in Microsoft's retail products. You could have a plethora of Castle Crashers' characters, Alien Hominid, 'Splosion Man, Mutant Clyde of Cloning Clyde, the dude from Shadow Complex, Tim from Braid, The Dishwasher and a lot more.

WeaponXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WeaponXY
Member since 2009 • 1280 Posts

I don't know if it'd work too well to be honest. :?

WeaponXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 WeaponXY
Member since 2009 • 1280 Posts

I think an XBLA Smash style game would work much better. There's a lot more OCs in the arcade than there are in Microsoft's retail products. You could have a plethora of Castle Crashers' characters, Alien Hominid, 'Splosion Man, Mutant Clyde of Cloning Clyde, the dude from Shadow Complex, Tim from Braid, The Dishwasher and a lot more.

jamejame
That's actually a pretty awesome idea! I would play that! :)
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BLAS1AN

[QUOTE="BLAS1AN"]

[QUOTE="Sydwynder"]Marcus Fenix's name actually should have been " The Dude" as in The Big Lebowski. This game would suck like you wouldn't believe. All those characters are not Microsoft characters, they belong to other companies. The Smash Bros. characters are pretty much if not all Nintendo owned characters so sorry but its a dum idea.......wrekk8

i dont mean to critcise but pokemon are nintendo exclusive characters, have you ever seen pokemon on any other home console or handheld other than nintendo. agreed that snake and sonic arent nintendo exclusives but they were probably added in there to appeal to a different market.

unfortunately i dont like this idea as small arms on XBLA is the equivilent and is actually a really good game

your right. I cant say i know much about the pokemon world, lol

crash bandicoot can get into the brawl tho