Microsoft Only Made One Good Console.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ashizuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 ashizuki
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

In my opinion, Microsoft has really lost it's way recently.

The original Xbox was a great console, with great games, was powerful and had good exclusives.

However, I feel microsoft really failed with 360 and Xbox One.

Xbox 360 hasn't really had any good exclusives since 2010.

While the xbox one is more of a media center than a gaming console, and a bad one at that.

Having owned both 360 and Xbox One, I find that the 360 really needed more support from first party studios and that the Xbox One really needs to change direction and focus more on games not on TV.

The original Xbox was an ideal console(besides size and lack of Japanese developers), and I feel that 360 and One don't live up to it.

What are your thoughts?

P.S. Original Xbox Controller S was way better than the 360 controller.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

If you were so disappointed in the 360 why would you buy a xbox one?

commandokock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 commandokock
Member since 2009 • 502 Posts

i liked the OG xbox [and i actually preferred the big controller over the smaller one] and the x360. im sure id like the xbone too but i already got a ps4. ive never been a big fan of xbox exclusives except forza. in my opinion it surpassed gran turismo last gen

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm not disappointed in the xbox or the 360 and I'm enjoying the xbox one so overall I'm very happy.

hemantlatawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hemantlatawa

Microsoft has a great reputation in OS market & in console he making his mark with XBOX and so on.I use XBOX & PlayStation i love both but i like most XBOX.

angryguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By angryguy77
Member since 2010 • 41 Posts

Failed with the 360? You can't be serious. At first I thought you were, but then I saw this:

"While the xbox one is more of a media center than a gaming console, and a bad one at that."

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Well, your opinion certainly puts you in the minority. Maybe blog about it next time.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Let me show you where you failed so you can improve for next time....

@ashizuki said:
the Xbox One really needs to change direction and focus more on games not on TV.

The Xbox One is sold out worldwide right now. That means what Microsoft is doing right now is working.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@Jaysonguy:

That is a lie and the X1 is available everywhere just as it was the entire holiday.

Here's target

http://m.target.com/fiats-results/t-14787660?zipCode=48066&city=&state=&errorPage=fiats

I can post Walmart, best buy, toys r us and gamestop too if you would like.

Look in my post history and you will see where I posted links to just how available it was right before Christmas too.

A lot of Xbox fans are very disappointed in this console and this company.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

The X1 has been out for a month in North America. It's not even out in Japan and some other Asain and European countries. How can you say it's failed, when it hasn't even left the starting gate?

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Murderstyle75

@vl4d_l3nin:

Well the competition is 30% ahead in sales with a console sold out everywhere while the Xbox One just sits on the shelves. That number would be even greater if the PS4 was actually available to everybody.

And while the X1 hasn't released in Japan yet, neither has the PS4. The Xbox 360 did so bad in jaoan that most major retailers pulled if from their shelves. I think it sold 1.6 million units total. Now how in the Xbox One going to do any better?

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#12 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

so you dislike both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One, too bad, I enjoyed the 360 more than nay other console before it, and well the xbox One has just been out a month and a half... so it is to quickly to judge.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Murderstyle75

@doubalfa:

You must be young if you enjoyed the 360 more than any console ever. Probably the most generic platform ever. Can you name a single unique gaming experience born on the 360 that will be taking us into the future with Xbox One? I mean half the generation was nothing but Halo, Gears, Forza and month early COD content. Nothing innovating, new or exciting like the original Xbox, PS1 or Super Nintendo.

The 360 started out with so much promise and had so much potential. Its sad that it turned mostly into a multiplatform bro gaming box with almost all first party development directed towards the Wii demographic with dance, sports and fitness knockoffs.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 doubalfa

@Murderstyle75: I'm not young I wont say I played since the Atari, but I've played since the NES era, and still I can honestly say that no game console has seen so much playtime than the 360, sure each generation has had it's great games, but I find more appealing games in the last generation, I can name a few games that standout, maybe most were playable on other consoles, but I tried them in the 360, so I'm giving my opinion and you differ with it, and apparently Halo, forza and gears are no good for you, but they were to me.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@Murderstyle75: It's probably gonna do better in some parts of South America, where the retail price for a PS4 is about $1,800 USD, where as X1 is about half that.

lizbeth28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lizbeth28

@Murderstyle75: The Xbone is decent, but has too few games out to really judge it. Out of all of the xbox's, the first was far more iconic than the 360. The first brought halo out. and halo is was brought multiplayer shooters to life. goldeneye started it, halo brought it online.

angryguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 angryguy77

@Murderstyle75:

Actually Gears was pretty innovative and popular. Why is it when people ask these questions they always discount the most popular games on the system?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@doubalfa:

You must be young if you enjoyed the 360 more than any console ever. Probably the most generic platform ever. Can you name a single unique gaming experience born on the 360 that will be taking us into the future with Xbox One? I mean half the generation was nothing but Halo, Gears, Forza and month early COD content. Nothing innovating, new or exciting like the original Xbox, PS1 or Super Nintendo.

The 360 started out with so much promise and had so much potential. Its sad that it turned mostly into a multiplatform bro gaming box with almost all first party development directed towards the Wii demographic with dance, sports and fitness knockoffs.

Yeah, nothing you said there is true lol

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 doubalfa

Also Xbox 360 single handedly brought the downloadable games to the spotlight for the console market

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Murderstyle75

@doubalfa:

Yea. Low budget downloadable games which have replaced great and innovating retail AAA's. If I wanted to game like that, I would buy a cheap tablet or use my Walmart laptop.

Perhaps without the XBLA, we would have seen more real games.

angryguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 angryguy77

@Murderstyle75:

Makes no sense. There has been no shortage of AAA titles last gen on either system. I get you hat MS, but it's clouding your judgement. For someone who claims not to be a fanboy, you have a funny way of showing it.

Name 3 good things about MS or the X1.....

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Murderstyle75

@Jaysonguy:

Tell me the games then. It seems everybody was so busy playing COD, Halo and multiplatform sandbox games, they don't even notice.

All 2013 gave the 360 was a generic gears made by a B list developer. 2012 was Halo 4 and Forza Horizon.

2011 was a Halo remaster, Gears 3 and Forza 4.

2010 saw Halo Reach, the very generic Crackdown 2, the flop called N3ii and the worthy new IP's of the generation next to Gears, Alan Wake which was only followed up by an XBLA spinoff. Also notice that this was the final year of J Allard and Robbie Bach. It went completely down hill from there.

Rare wanted to work on things other than the very childish Vivi Piñata and Kinect Sports but were told no which caused most of their founders to leave. Bungie also had to leave just to be able to do Destiny. As a M$ developer, they were only allowed to do Halo.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Murderstyle75

@angryguy77:

I've played games on the original Xbox right from launch. I was also an Xbox Live Beta Tester. If you look my gamertag up on www.xbox.com, you will see I am a forum Founding Member.

First Xbox was awesome and had incredible games. Second Xbox seemed incredible and I camped out for 19 hours in the cold to get it. The console ended up with so much wasted potential.

Now you say there was no shortage of AAA's. Well aside from Halo Gears and Forza, please name some that aren't multiplatform. Microsoft had a chance at Heavy Rain as an exclusive but turned it down because the story dialogue would taint the family friendly reputation they are after.

Name three good things about X1? I'll try but it will be hard.

One account gives multiplayer access to all. (Still sucks for 360 users though since they scrapped the family pack)

They finally removed the marketplace point pack scam (relevant to the 360 as well)

There could be come good games coming from the likes if studios like Black Tusk. Hopefully this trend lasts for the long haul considering Microsoft is not known for long term support.

And yes. I do pretty much hate Xbox One. That's with very good reasons though. Could that change one day? Certainly. As of now though, M$ isn't much different than Crazy Ken and 2006 Sony.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By doubalfa

@Murderstyle75: Actually they are cheap but not necessarily awful or simple, quite a few experiences worth playing, and aside from that there are hundreds of retail games present on the console, and maybe most are multiplatform, but I could only play Red Dead Redemption and Left 4 Dead in one platform (RDR not being released for PC, and Left 4 Dead not being released on PS3) so I guess you can name a lot of AAA titles on the original Xbox?

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Murderstyle75

@doubalfa:

And I've played many although I found most of these games to be band-aids rather then a true reason to own a 360. And while the 360 saw some console exclusives, they were still very few and far between. The way M$ treated L4D, tainted a very good relationship that Microsoft had with Valve but that's another story.

But if you look at the original Xbox, games were plentiful both exclusive and console exclusive. And unlike games such as Blue Dragon, Too Human, N3, etc, the games were actually really good.

Games like Jade Empire, KOTOR, Phantom Dust, Unreal Championship, Mech Asssult, Conker Live & Reloaded, Steel Battalion, Escape from Butcher Bay, Ninja Gaiden, Amped, etc were all reasons to own an Xbox. Microsoft even had their own sports studio making games like NFL Fever, Links, Top Spin and Inside Pitch. Meanwhile the 360 only saw that crappy 2K baseball game and the Xbox One isn't even getting one.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

I've liked all the consoles from Microsoft, the Xbox One is only going to get better over time.

Tommi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 Tommi88
Member since 2003 • 741 Posts

I love my Xbox One, i use it everyday when im home! The Xbox Live serivce with all the apps is such a smooth experience!

awax187187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 awax187187
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts

@gagit811 said:

If you were so disappointed in the 360 why would you buy a xbox one?

My thoughts..........what he said

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i agree , in fact i liked the 360 around launch til about 2010 and thats when things turned sour , after perfect dark on xbla, there was nothing but the same forza halo gears treatment , and then kenict came and ruined rare , and xbox one lets not talk about that because , yesterday i sat there after having to format my hdd , i tried to install all my games only got 2 done so far because of how long it takes ust to install the games and , stuff , so ya , lets not get into that ,

the xbox original and to an extent the 360 , til when it went sour was what i wanted and what everyone should have wanted, til ms changed ,

and the only down fall to the original xbox was the need of a credit card to use xbl , glad 360 changed that , thats the only reason 360 sits above xbox for me,

the one is just terrible except the fact you can have more then one name for xbl as long as you pay for one name,

the only good thing, and dead rising 3 of course but if your not into zombies its not a good for you,

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

When Xbox 360 changed the style of the OS from the blades, it became magical.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#31  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

The 360 was a great console.

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HuggyBear1020
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

The 360 is considered by most experts to be the best of the 3 major consoles from its generation as far as games and features go. Now the hardware reliability is another story, though.

shadow_Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#33  Edited By shadow_Metroid
Member since 2005 • 1631 Posts

@sukraj: I'll have to agree with this guy.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36  Edited By a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

From a gamer's perspective, I see your point, but from a business perspective, I would have to give Microsoft credit for trying to bring in a broader audience. If you only think about the hardcore gamer, you're not going to make a whole lot of profit. The majority of the gamers out there are casual players, and casual players are interested in innovation. While I agree that the original xbox was a great console, Microsoft lost a lot of money that generation. You can't expect a company to keep making consoles if they can't bring in any profit.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#37 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

@ashizuki said:

In my opinion, Microsoft has really lost it's way recently.

The original Xbox was a great console, with great games, was powerful and had good exclusives.

However, I feel microsoft really failed with 360 and Xbox One.

Xbox 360 hasn't really had any good exclusives since 2010.

While the xbox one is more of a media center than a gaming console, and a bad one at that.

Having owned both 360 and Xbox One, I find that the 360 really needed more support from first party studios and that the Xbox One really needs to change direction and focus more on games not on TV.

The original Xbox was an ideal console(besides size and lack of Japanese developers), and I feel that 360 and One don't live up to it.

What are your thoughts?

P.S. Original Xbox Controller S was way better than the 360 controller.

I agree, just like Hitler didnt nothing wrong.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#38  Edited By Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

How are they failing? You basically gave your own opinion and stated that they are failing. The 360 has sold over 80 million consoles alone. Sony and MS both have their great exclusives. Xbox has Fable, GoW, Halo, Dead Rising, Ryse, Forza, Titanfall, etc.. So games aren't failing either. The OS is really slick and fun to use. Obviously you can't think to poorly of them since you keep buying Xbox's.

donlogan999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 donlogan999

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iVSBJl56og

doggiezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 doggiezilla
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Top 3 Xboxes 3: Xbox One 2: Xbox 1: Xbox 360

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

@ashizuki: The 360 was its biggest commercial success. The original Xbox 1 was probably its biggest critical success. No, the Xbox 360 hasn't been "failing lately" it's an old console that's being phased out. That's like saying the PS2 or Wii has died.

I think the verdict is still out on Xbox One. It doesn't have to beat PS4 to be a success in its own right, either commercially or critically. Just keep pumping out great AAA exclusives and the rest will follow.