MechAssault should come to 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PrincePwnStar
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

I don't know if many of you remember the first gen Xbox MechAssault but that game was really fun, the capture the flag and everything that was in it was pretty addictive. I think with upgraded graphics, same gameplay, achievements, and downloadable content, that game would be fun.

lukeymonw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lukeymonw
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts
Totally agree.
beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#3 beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts

No doubt! I loved those games!

bitemeslippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 bitemeslippy
Member since 2005 • 1626 Posts

I was actually talking about the MechAssault games with my friends the other day and saying how much I enjoyed them. I think bringing it to the 360 would be awesome.

ownzone55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ownzone55
Member since 2007 • 557 Posts

This kind of game is simple and still way better than majority of 360 games today.

Klishter05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Klishter05
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Oh wow, I totally agree. The potential with the Xbox 360 would mean better graphics and gameplay. I was seriously addicted to MechAssault and making it for the 360 would most likely ruin my life.
PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PrincePwnStar

Day 1 Studios is still around, they just released Fracture for Xbox and PS3. I seriously would drop cash on this game if it was to release. I remember that game being super addictive, I was in college then. I could remember staying up all night one night playing LIVE with it and then going to a 10 am class and coming home and playing it more. It would be cool to design your own Mech, they give you the parts, you chose what guns you want, if you want a booster and paint it with weight limit and mechanics in it ofcourse.

I think it was hard to do, but that game was surprisingly balanced on gameplay also. The smaller lighter mechs was faster and had weaker guns but they was good runners. The bigger mechs had heavier guns and was slower, but great defenders. Ahh good times.

bitemeslippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 bitemeslippy
Member since 2005 • 1626 Posts

Day 1 Studios is still around, they just released Fracture for Xbox and PS3. I seriously would drop cash on this game if it was to release. I remember that game being super addictive, I was in college then. I could remember staying up all night one night playing LIVE with it and then going to a 10 am class and coming home and playing it more. It would be cool to design your own Mech, they give you the parts, you chose what guns you want, if you want a booster and paint it with weight limit and mechanics in it ofcourse.

I think it was hard to do, but that game was surprisingly balanced on gameplay also. The smaller lighter mechs was faster and had weaker guns but they was good runners. The bigger mechs had heavier guns and was slower, but great defenders. Ahh good times.

PrincePwnStar

Yeah that was one reason I loved it so much, it has to be one of the most balanced games I've ever played as far as gameplay goes. Sometimes it was frustrating but at the end it was so rewarding.

gus524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gus524
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

they should make one like number 1

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#10 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

That would be great if they made a MechAssault game on the 360. There are mech games out there but none of them have the appeal of Mechassault.

I truly enjoyed those games and would defenitely support it being released on next-gen consoles

2uneek4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 2uneek4u
Member since 2006 • 2548 Posts

i would definitely love to see a mechassault game on the 360!

freshwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freshwb
Member since 2009 • 363 Posts

Ive been wondering why there hasn't been a new mech assault game yet. Ive been looking for a fast paced mech game but those amoured core games are way too hardcore for my tastes. I would definitely buy it.

PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PrincePwnStar

We should all just write in and demand that they produce one, but not to rush because we want it to be good.

nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts

I also agree, it is by far the best Mech action console game.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
Microsoft used to have a studio that focused on making Mech games (though I think it was MechWarrior series rather than Mech Assault), but sadly FASA got closed down a year or more ago :( Mech games aren't a particularly big market, and someone not knowing a great deal about it can already see games like Armored Core and Chromehounds, so think we don't need another.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
Screw MechAssault...wheres my Chromehounds 2?
s2i2p2i2o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 s2i2p2i2o
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts
I disagree.... didn't like that game at all. (i'll bet gamespot will take away some points or ban me for a couple of days for sating my opinion, just cause some ppl wont like it.. happened 3 times, and all i did was saying that I didn't agree wit the topic)
YankeeDan345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 YankeeDan345
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

I loved the first one, the 2nd i thoght introduced some bad changes. I have been waiting for a thrid to be announced it doesn't make any sense that they haven't made one because the first was so popular.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Definitely, it was the first game I had with my xbox because of the bundle. It was such an awesome game and number 2 was pretty fun but could have been better. i'd be excited if they did it for the 360 and improved it.

Avatar image for sevvo73lasvegas
sevvo73lasvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sevvo73lasvegas
Member since 2006 • 102 Posts

I'd be psyched for an update on the phantom follow-up to Crimson Skies! I'd be happy with either sequel--I simply think that the 360 needs more vehicle-combat games.

Bucharifique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bucharifique
Member since 2006 • 178 Posts

If they make it right it would be amazing!

Flynns_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Flynns_Shadow
Member since 2008 • 497 Posts

I'd be psyched for an update on the phantom follow-up to Crimson Skies! I'd be happy with either sequel--I simply think that the 360 needs more vehicle-combat games.

sevvo73lasvegas

HELL YEAH! more Crimson Skies! nuff said

ComradeCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ComradeCrash
Member since 2005 • 2519 Posts

I would rather have Mechwarrior...

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

I kinda think mech assualt 2 ruined the chances for a 3rd. it was fun for a while but I wanted to stay in one type of mech throughout the multiplayer match. I also could not stand the mech jacking aspect. A lot of peple went back to th original.

PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PrincePwnStar

Yeah, the mechjacking was not well in Lonewolf. The original was the best, I say they would have to stick to the first games mechanics if they decide to have any success. I doubt they will release another one though. :(

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#26 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

Here's what they should do. Since Mechassault 1 can not be played on the 360, take the original and make it an Original game download with full multiplayer support. This wouldn't cost that much and those of us that loved the original game for XBOX can play it on the 360 and battle online. There's more than enough people interested in the game to warrant this move.

So MS GET IT DONE!

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XCyberForceX

Clarification - MechAssault 1 was awesome. Mechassault2-LoneWolf, sucked with jumping from Mech to mech.

PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PrincePwnStar

Here's what they should do. Since Mechassault 1 can not be played on the 360, take the original and make it an Original game download with full multiplayer support. This wouldn't cost that much and those of us that loved the original game for XBOX can play it on the 360 and battle online. There's more than enough people interested in the game to warrant this move.

So MS GET IT DONE!

XCyberForceX

I would drop 1200 points on that with out thinking.

Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

Microsoft No longer owns the rights to Mechwarrior, Shadowrun, or Crimson Skies. When FASA Disbanded, Jordan Weisman Bought the Rights to the Franchises and formed Smith & Tinker in 2007.

So Youll never see another Mech Assault unless its an Xbox original Release and MS pays out big bucks to Weisman to do it.

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 XCyberForceX
[QUOTE="Zemus"]

Microsoft No longer owns the rights to Mechwarrior, Shadowrun, or Crimson Skies. When FASA Disbanded, Jordan Weisman Bought the Rights to the Franchises and formed Smith & Tinker in 2007.

So Youll never see another Mech Assault unless its an Xbox original Release and MS pays out big bucks to Weisman to do it.

FRAK!!! That stinks!!! Guess the only Mech excitment we're gonna get is when its mixed in as some weak frakin' weapon in some SciFi game!