ME2 **Spoiler alert** Please don't read if you haven't played the game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

THIS IS A SPOILER QUESTION DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME

Should they have ditched the Normandy totally at the begining of ME2.

Then maybe you get given a Geth ship by Cerberus with re-written AI (EDI)

Then when you go into Geth space she goes nuts as the original ship AI tries to take over and you have to make a decision about EDI's existance at that point.

Also what fun could they have had with you flying a Geth ship with Tali back to the Fleet in her quest?

Finally the ship could then have been smaller and taken less time up loading different levels just to speak to your team.

Phil

ttam01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2 ttam01
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts

No.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 000000000111
Member since 2009 • 406 Posts

Umm, no. It would have been nice to get to teammates quicker though, that ship was frickin' massive.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

No but it makes me wonder if there will be a normandy 3..Now that the reapers will come after shepherd..You also have the dude pissed of at him..So he may hunt shep down also..

KlepticGrooves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KlepticGrooves
Member since 2010 • 2448 Posts

Yeah, considering there were so few crew the ship was massive. Loading times were way too long just to open up what was essentially another room.

poordude1089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 poordude1089
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

I never did understand why I could run through Zeaed's (or however it's spelled) loyalty mission without so much as one load screen, yet I can't get in an elevator on the SR2 without seeing one

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

No, Geth ships are designed for machines, it would have requested a radical redesign. Also you can't expect spaceport to allow a Geth ship to dock.

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

Why and how would Cerberus ditch the Normandy?

And geth ships don't even have a physical pilot, where would Joker go?

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#9 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

It would have been cool, but I like the Normandy SR-2 just fine.

snowinspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 snowinspace
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts

Then when you go into Geth space she goes nuts as the original ship AI tries to take over and you have to make a decision about EDI's existance at that point.

Also what fun could they have had with you flying a Geth ship with Tali back to the Fleet in her quest?

Finally the ship could then have been smaller and taken less time up loading different levels just to speak to your team.

Phil

Nomad0404
shhhhh that's number three don't tell everyone!!!
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

Yeah, considering there were so few crew the ship was massive. Loading times were way too long just to open up what was essentially another room.

KlepticGrooves
Yeah, I agree with this.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

Phil

Nomad0404
Why would someone care about making a decision with EDI? It's an AI..they can be replaced you know..lol. I'm not quite following you. The reason the Normandy was destroyed was to get a new and improved version of it, thanks to the almost endless funds of Cerberus. But I will say, getting to man a geth ship would've been cool. Maybe allow you to go into places that would not otherwise be accessible with the Normandy?! Then you'd have something there..
Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

In all honesty the Normandy 2 is just a big boring place to meet and talk to your team and crew. The ONLY interesting thing on the whole ship was the banter from the engineers. Just redesigning the Normandy to me was a lazy way to have you fly around the galaxy again.

It doesn't need to be anywhere near as big - EBON HAWK anyone?

In the game you currently get an AI option early on as Shepherd queries having an AI on the ship give the events in ME1. As it is and the AI gets to take over the ship late on so there are precedents set.

I thought of a Geth ship because it's one of the few others I could think of that you see around a lot.

It would be cool if in ME3 you had to bastardise the Normandy with some of the other derelict ships to be able to get home.

Also there's possibilities there, if you rewrote the Heretics Code and Legion lives it would be easy to get a new ship, it could be refitted of course so Joker can fly it.

Phil

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

My question is how is Bioware going to handle all the character's if all your crew members survive, will there be new characters for your crew in ME 3 or will it be all 10 crew members and a few new one's

How are they going to do this with all the dialogue and choice's the game has, the game will be on four disc's