mass effect - terribly laughable review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts

i just saw a review for mario galaxy from this site on the wii boards, so i thought id give the site a look. turns out, the whole site is a crazily-biased sony site (aptly named sony defense force). here are their quick impressions for mass effect

http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/?p=318#comments

i dont know if this has already been posted but if you need a good laugh, take a look. if you REALLY want a good laugh, go to the front page and scroll down the list of news items. dont say i didnt warn you ;)

SaintsRowSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 SaintsRowSam
Member since 2006 • 2807 Posts
:lol:
mohammad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mohammad93
Member since 2007 • 2090 Posts
lol they could have fun with their system, but not saying that ists bad, only saying that 360 is better;)
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattg90520

i particularly enjoyed how the skewed sales data. apparently, the official numbers for that month hadnt even been released yet, according to a poster below

http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/?p=299

drbob33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 drbob33
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts

Is that site supposed to be a joke?

I really think it's a joke, there is no way they seriously gave Super Mario Galaxy a 1/10 and then say that everyone that liked it was paid off by Iwata. Wtf?

stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 stephant_6
Member since 2005 • 1758 Posts

Here's a summary of that site: Find every news article that hurts the 360/wii and post it. Review every great wii/360 game and call them god awful. Review average PS3 games and give them 10/10.

I really hope that's a joke.

skatatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 skatatay
Member since 2007 • 1617 Posts

Is that site supposed to be a joke?

I really think it's a joke, there is no way they seriously gave Super Mario Galaxy a 1/10 and then say that everyone that liked it was paid off by Iwata. Wtf?

drbob33

I agree. either that site is a joke or its made by a bunch of stubborn ps3 fanboys who cant get over that the ps3 isnt as good as the wii or 360.

Super-Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Super-Penguin
Member since 2005 • 703 Posts
wow, how are they a credible review source when there so biased, even there name is SONY defence force
Neonshadow2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Neonshadow2
Member since 2004 • 31 Posts
I'd go ahead and take a guess that it's a joke, but I suppose you really can't tell nowadays. If it's not a joke I think those guys need to leave the safety oftheir mommy's basement and find themselves some real life girls. I suppose I'd say the same even if it is a joke actually, rabid fanboyism's more annoying than it is funny really.
stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stephant_6
Wait a minute,they gave Lair and Heavenly Sword 10/10 and Bioshock a 5/10. Ok...
Super-Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Super-Penguin
Member since 2005 • 703 Posts

i particularly enjoyed how the skewed sales data. apparently, the official numbers for that month hadnt even been released yet, according to a poster below

mattg90520

what the heck thats a bigger lie than when they told me that santa didn't exist

skatatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 skatatay
Member since 2007 • 1617 Posts
LOL nice.
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattg90520
[QUOTE="mattg90520"]

Super-Penguin

what the heck thats a bigger lie than when they told me that santa didn't exist

... i honestly cant believe you... Santas not real?!?

haha. hey, they could have a future in yellow journalism. it is so skewered. counting all three playstations as one is disgusting enough, they then break up nintendo and microsoft into systems. clearly, nintendo would beat them if they were considered one group and if sony group was separate, both wii and 360 would beat the crap out of it in terms of sales

pageiszepplin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pageiszepplin
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, but i agree with parts of the Review only, IMO it should have gotten about an 8. Like it does get a little repetitive when they say collect these things to go to the next small planet, and i hate how depending on which star you want to go after, you follow a set path, instead of being able to wander around. Because of the free roaming possibilities, i play super mario 64 more on my wii than galaxy
kkbeach93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kkbeach93
Member since 2004 • 1089 Posts
Noobs.
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts

LOL.

Also, why are we all level 1 and 2? Did GS reset the levels or something?

pageiszepplin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pageiszepplin

LOL.

Also, why are we all level 1 and 2? Did GS reset the levels or something?

Hitchy9
theres a bug going around link
ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ChevelleFan
Member since 2004 • 1783 Posts
I really hope this is a joke site. I say this not from a biased perspective but as a gamer. If this is truly meant to be serious then all I can say is there is no hope for humanity if people like that intend to reproduce.
Neonshadow2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Neonshadow2

I really hope this is a joke site. I say this not from a biased perspective but as a gamer. If this is truly meant to be serious then all I can say is there is no hope for humanity if people like that intend to reproduce.ChevelleFan

Oh I tip my hat, it could not have been put any better than that, bravo!

I've gotta say actually, after reading more of the reviews it seems almost like they're being paid to write like that (I'm sure they aren't, nobody in their right mind would pay for this kind of press). It's in the way that they not only bash games on other consoles, but also say how they could be made better thanks to the PS3's various features which I often manage to forget about because they're way too technical (mostly in the review of Bioshock).

ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ChevelleFan
I like the part with the skewed bar graphs where it says "Sony Family" instead of just comparing the PS3 sales to 360 and Wii sales. Even with the combined sales of the PS3, PS2, and PSP the 360 aloneis almost at the same level. BTW when they said Sony familiy I assumed they meant the PS3, PS2, and PSP. They even compared Halo to other multiplayer games one of which is not even released yet a.k.a. Haze.
pageiszepplin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pageiszepplin
I like the part with the skewed bar graphs where it says "Sony Family" instead of just comparing the PS3 sales to 360 and Wii sales. Even with the combined sales of the PS3, PS2, and PSP the 360 aloneis almost at the same level. BTW when they said Sony familiy I assumed they meant the PS3, PS2, and PSP. They even compared Halo to other multiplayer games one of which is not even released yet a.k.a. Haze.ChevelleFan
the ps2 alone sold 120 million units. let me say that once more for effect 120 MILLION. Xbox 360 sold roughly 11 million, yea...thats close
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mattg90520

[QUOTE="ChevelleFan"]I like the part with the skewed bar graphs where it says "Sony Family" instead of just comparing the PS3 sales to 360 and Wii sales. Even with the combined sales of the PS3, PS2, and PSP the 360 aloneis almost at the same level. BTW when they said Sony familiy I assumed they meant the PS3, PS2, and PSP. They even compared Halo to other multiplayer games one of which is not even released yet a.k.a. Haze.pageiszepplin
the ps2 alone sold 120 million units. let me say that once more for effect 120 MILLION. Xbox 360 sold roughly 11 million, yea...thats close

OK that was a bad mistake on his part. hopefully he meant ps3

ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ChevelleFan

[QUOTE="ChevelleFan"]I like the part with the skewed bar graphs where it says "Sony Family" instead of just comparing the PS3 sales to 360 and Wii sales. Even with the combined sales of the PS3, PS2, and PSP the 360 aloneis almost at the same level. BTW when they said Sony familiy I assumed they meant the PS3, PS2, and PSP. They even compared Halo to other multiplayer games one of which is not even released yet a.k.a. Haze.pageiszepplin

If the PS2 sold 120 million units this year then I stand corrected, however if that is not the case you should jump off the nearest building, bridge, or other tall structure. Hey if you could get all the other fanboys to do the same we could start making the world a better place one person at a time. It seems like the creators and supporters of the site are either pranksters or collectively have their heads up their a****.

pageiszepplin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pageiszepplin

[QUOTE="pageiszepplin"][QUOTE="ChevelleFan"]I like the part with the skewed bar graphs where it says "Sony Family" instead of just comparing the PS3 sales to 360 and Wii sales. Even with the combined sales of the PS3, PS2, and PSP the 360 aloneis almost at the same level. BTW when they said Sony familiy I assumed they meant the PS3, PS2, and PSP. They even compared Halo to other multiplayer games one of which is not even released yet a.k.a. Haze.ChevelleFan

If the PS2 sold 120 million units this year then I stand corrected, however if that is not the case you should jump off the nearest building, bridge, or other tall structure. Hey if you could get all the other fanboys to do the same we could start making the world a better place one person at a time. It seems like the creators and supporters of the site are either pranksters or collectively have their heads up their a****.

where did it say only in this year, btw im no fanboy i have all the systems, but i play all of them, probably the 360 50% of the time
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mattg90520

[QUOTE="pageiszepplin"][QUOTE="ChevelleFan"]I like the part with the skewed bar graphs where it says "Sony Family" instead of just comparing the PS3 sales to 360 and Wii sales. Even with the combined sales of the PS3, PS2, and PSP the 360 aloneis almost at the same level. BTW when they said Sony familiy I assumed they meant the PS3, PS2, and PSP. They even compared Halo to other multiplayer games one of which is not even released yet a.k.a. Haze.ChevelleFan

ps2 sold 120 million over its lifetime - basically since 1999 or 2000, whenever it came out

atst007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 atst007
Member since 2005 • 1019 Posts
Well, maybe mario galaxy does deserve a 1 and not a 9.5 since this is a biased ad driven site. Just kidding, I agree with the GS review, although I didn't like bioshock, im not sure if it deserves a 5, i thank gamespot for not giving it a 10 likr everyone else.
jason_jx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jason_jx
Member since 2004 • 514 Posts
It doesn't make sense to me on why the creator of the site would still carry on writing those completly stupid biased reviews. I mean he complained that mass effects story was generic? Surely he must know what reaction people are going to have. Its like if he does want everyone posting those comments on his site saying that the reviews are stupid. Like if he enjoys getting called an idiot.
Neonshadow2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Neonshadow2
Y'know, after the urge passes to hold the guy's heads under dirty toilet water until all the stupid is drowned out of them I kind of feel sorry for them, afterall they're clearly more interested in company politics than they are in games and that's really a shame.
atst007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 atst007
Member since 2005 • 1019 Posts
Maybe he knows they're false and just wants to be funny. Or maybe he's just really screwed up.
DrDeath10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DrDeath10
Member since 2005 • 689 Posts

:lol: "Overall, to say Mario Galaxy is a disaster is an understatement. If you're an easily amused child with a hard-on for nostalgia, pick up Mario Galaxy. Otherwise, if you're an intelligent gamer that is interested in a real videogame experience, pick up a Playstation 3 and have a turn at Uncharted, easily this year's best".

That had to be my favourite part of the review. What a joke.

ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ChevelleFan
[QUOTE="ChevelleFan"]

[QUOTE="pageiszepplin"][QUOTE="ChevelleFan"]I like the part with the skewed bar graphs where it says "Sony Family" instead of just comparing the PS3 sales to 360 and Wii sales. Even with the combined sales of the PS3, PS2, and PSP the 360 aloneis almost at the same level. BTW when they said Sony familiy I assumed they meant the PS3, PS2, and PSP. They even compared Halo to other multiplayer games one of which is not even released yet a.k.a. Haze.mattg90520

ps2 sold 120 million over its lifetime - basically since 1999 or 2000, whenever it came out

Thenyour point is null and void andyou had no reason to criticize my opinion on the clearly skewed graphs. I knew it was over its lifetime but comparing the sales of the PS2 over its lifetime to the sales of the 360 doesn't make any sense unless you want to show that the PS2 was and is a popular console which I do not argue. My point is that the PS3 needs to be put in a "family' category in order to compete with any of the other consoles.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
I'm seeing the Mario Galaxy review, not a Mass Effect review... disturbing review of Mario Galaxy though. That's been the only non-360 game to pull me away from my 360 so far.
deuceswld84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deuceswld84
Member since 2004 • 691 Posts

On the right side of the screen. The link that says "Microsoft Defense Force". Click it and it takes you to 1up.com

lol. funny stuff.

jason_jx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jason_jx
Member since 2004 • 514 Posts

''Another flaw is that the combat mechanics are also in desperate need of revision. While games like Uncharted are making the combat an engaging experience, Mario Galaxy's combat involves jumping on enemies heads or waggling your waggle-stick for a waggle-attack. ''

Wow...

He's comparing a third person shooter to a 3d platformer while talking about combat :lol:

grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
That was so sad, way to go sony fanboys.
mpchitown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mpchitown
Member since 2004 • 199 Posts
I think the only people getting paid to make biased review are the people that run this bogus sony fanboy site. Every other site/magazine couldn't and wouldn't be able to paid off by iwata. Absolutely pathetic. I bought a wii first, and bought a 360 just a few months ago coinciding with the halo release and have never looked back. This site also likes to make fun of the fact that the 360 has hardware problems, HAH, i went through2 ps2s and 2 ps1s that had to be flipped upside down to work properly. As for nintendo, they have managed to find a market that sony never even knew existed! I have no reason to buy a ps3 ever, and also doubt very much that Metal Gear will stay a sony exclusive for very much longer.Then there will be no reason to ever buy that system. In the words of Jesus Quintana: "Laughable MAN! HAHA"
Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#37 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
Oh wow. :lol:
stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 stephant_6
I love how they say GTA4 will suck on the 360 because the 360 sucks. Yet they fail to comment on the 360 exclusive DLC...
-Montauk-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Montauk-
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts
:lol: That site is pure genius.. I mean they spend their time and money to (supposedly) play the 360 (which they clearly hate) and review games for it (and hate them as well) and bash them on the internet... Oh noes I'm going to sell my 360 right now since it sucks so much.
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sarmini
Member since 2007 • 2420 Posts
I saw that and I couldnt stop laughing.
Rizhall456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rizhall456
Member since 2005 • 4045 Posts
they gave LAIR a 10/10! now you KNOW they're smokin' some of the good sh*t.
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mattg90520
haha, i need some of that. it makes all the ps3 suddenly amazing, even if they are total crap!
kirk79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kirk79
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I found this site laughable also (not that i have played mass effect or galaxy), but im sure that every other review can't be wrong.

I also found the story 'XBOX 360 Death Watch: Hamsterz (DS) Outselling Xbox 360 in UK' that was posted in October incredibly funny. Considering that I have wanted to get my360 since September and i only managed to get one at the end of October because they were sold out everywhere i went, and the only console in stock was the PS3, clearly shows to me that this site has no idea what it is chatting about.

I had a PS2 and loved it but so far nothing has made me want to get a PS3 - i love my 360 and wished i had got it sooner

mohammad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mohammad93
Member since 2007 • 2090 Posts
LOL my favorite part is what they gave ratchet and clank, 10.5 out of 10, wow Mass Effect clunky controls and all that, and when it said FF ps3 exclusive, it said duh, lol I wnna know what they smoked;)
Sykoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sykoh
Member since 2007 • 1177 Posts
Seriously what's wrong with everyone? That site is a joke site. It's suppose to be a joke site, nothing less and nothing more. I don't get why people take that site seriously?
deuceswld84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deuceswld84
Member since 2004 • 691 Posts

Seriously what's wrong with everyone? That site is a joke site. It's suppose to be a joke site, nothing less and nothing more. I don't get why people take that site seriously? Sykoh

I have recently found out that PDF and Wii60 were created by the same guy.

Link

Still funny stuff.