Mass Effect - sub missions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dan_cicero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dan_cicero
Member since 2004 • 48 Posts
is there no way to keep playing once you complete the main mission line?? i was under the impression that you could, i'd be extremely disappointed if you can't
Avatar image for gintheplacetobe
gintheplacetobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gintheplacetobe
Member since 2003 • 4512 Posts
No, but you can start a new game with the same character and keep all your experience and items.
iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 iamsickofspam
Member since 2007 • 1043 Posts

Once you get to a certain point you cant leave the mission, because the mission requires you to drive the MAKO down this long channel/corridoor type thing and a shield stops you turning back at one point, from then on you cant go back as far as i am aware.

However what the other guy said is true, you can start a new game with your char you used to complete the game, and you will retain your lvl, experience, items ect, i think it also unlocks Spectre Items on the 2nd playthrough and they are pretty powerfull, allthough i love the GETH assault rifle.

Some of the mods i have on my weapons stop them from overheating, so i pretty much have infinite fire on most of my weapons, i cant recall what my level is though, its about 48/49, but thats my 2nd playthrough standard male shepard.

Im playing as a Female Renagade Shepard to, so i can get some achievements related to that, and different endings.

dan_cicero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dan_cicero
Member since 2004 • 48 Posts
do u know if achievement stats carry through?? ie if i've killed 50 guys with a shotgun do i only need 25 if i start with the same account again or do i need a whole 75 again
Avatar image for burningbridges2
burningbridges2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 burningbridges2
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Yes, your stats carry over to other playthroughs. If you only need one more kill for the shotgun achievement, you could start a new game with a different character and still get the achievement with them.
iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 iamsickofspam
Member since 2007 • 1043 Posts

Sorry, i have no idea, i dont ussually chase acheivements untill after i have done most of the game, i have missed loads of side missions, id like to know myself actually, not tried to get the kills with weapon types ones yet, but im trying to get the acheive for renagade / paragon on my other playthroughs and the lvl 50 and lvl 60 ones.

I think it would be best to assume that it only counts in one playthrough, i could be wrong, but there are so many enemies to kill it shouldn't be that hard to do.