Mass Effect - "YOU" Decide! [Poll]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 judas-savior
Member since 2005 • 417 Posts
As the game has been out for a bit now and im sure we are all getting the taste for what it is and what its about.. I've seen a few threads asking people what they thought and also noticed alot people unhappy with GS's score I thought that I would put up a poll for everyone to discuss or vote their opinion.

As ive always said the reviewers are just people like you and me and we all have just as much of a right to have a say so I figure if we all vote we can actually see what the game is really worth to us as the players. whether its AAA or if you Agree with Kevin from GS.

I personally think it was a bold effort in the right direction of evolving the WRPG Genre that bioware has been known for and I see big things to come in the sequel as it has laid the stepping stones to perfection.. but for now i'd say techinical glitches aside I would Rate it at a 9.3.. and not to sound like a fanboy rating to high, if I was to go by the GS 0.5 incriments I would be inclinded to round that to an even 9/10

Its not the reviewer who matters.. its our money and our time spent in the game, it was made for us so have your say and post or vote as to what "you" think it deserved as thats what the gaming industry is about.. "US" =)
-Aus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 -Aus-
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts

I haven't played it yet so I couldn't say. Judging from the review though, if true, it seems like it was an accurate score if it indeed has some technical and gameplay glitches. Objectively that is. Because glitches like the ones described totally don't matter if the game is great in my opinon.

Hell, when KOTOR was released a few years back, it was my personal GOTY. I played it more then 10 times through. But guess what, I didn't even like the combat gameplay. So that's really weird but true. I'm pretty sure even without playing it though that Mass Effect will be my personal game of the year. And in my mind it would get a 10. But objectively, I would probably score it 8.5 or 9.0 if the Gamespot review is correct.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

THis is my favorite singleplayer game yet 0on the 360 and its a 9 or 9.5 in my opinion.

KOTOR, JADE EMPIRE and Morrowind/Oblivion all had tons of bugs but can be somewhat overlooked because the game is so good. This game fits in that area for me, its got its few problems, but other then that its a AAA game that should be played by every RPG fan along with any shooter fan IMO.

Best singleplayer game so far this year with mario galaxy

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

Nice thread. :)

Like the poll.

Yep.

judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 judas-savior

Nice thread. :)

Like the poll.

Yep.

ParadiseAwaits

Thanks ^_^

Simply, I just don't need the reviewers to decide for me I see them all as a guide line and I mean Kevin VanOrd deserves just as much of a say just as Gametrailers, 1UP, IGN etc.. and we the players, who out number them greatly deserve maybe even more of a say.

I know Mass Effect or any game will not be apealing or enjoyable for everyone and maybe these glitches got up Kevins nose and ruined it a bit for him but for me I barely noticed them so I stuck with what I thought being a 9+ game but obvioulsy we are all critics and deserve our say.. Reviewers dont rule the world, the sales figures and our own decisions do lol=)
Soothsayerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Soothsayerr
Member since 2006 • 196 Posts
Bump this around X-mas time. :lol:
judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 judas-savior

Bump this around X-mas time. :lol:Soothsayerr

Shame you get a warning from GS for bumping, infact you can get one for just mentioning the word :O

Anyways it seems everyones all upset now, this will become a cult game anyway no matter what anyone says does or how badly or greatly it gets rated..

CULT GAME WRITTEN ALL OVER IT =)

JBucc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 JBucc
Member since 2005 • 2318 Posts
I'm fine with Gamespot's score. A little lower score than KOTOR because it has similar problems and some of it's own issues.
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

[QUOTE="Soothsayerr"]Bump this around X-mas time. :lol:judas-savior

Shame you get a warning from GS for bumping, infact you can get one for just mentioning the word :O

Yea, Gamespot's moderators hate that word. I think it means Mass Effect in Japanese or something. :P

judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 judas-savior
[QUOTE="judas-savior"]

[QUOTE="Soothsayerr"]Bump this around X-mas time. :lol:ParadiseAwaits

Yea, Gamespot's moderators hate that word. I think it meansMass Effectin Japaneseor something. :P

LOL ^_^

Avatar image for master-renagade
master-renagade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 master-renagade
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts
[QUOTE="judas-savior"]

[QUOTE="Soothsayerr"]Bump this around X-mas time. :lol:ParadiseAwaits

Yea, Gamespot's moderators hate that word. I think it means Mass Effect in Japanese or something. :P

lol funniest post i have read today.

judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 judas-savior

LOL, I actually did my best to estimate and average out the votes above and it works out to almost a even 9 ( 8.98 ) ^_^

Which funnily enough is the average on the mass effect page aswell for user reviews..

So 9/10 average so far from people who have contributed to this thread thus far, including people who disliked aswell fans so thats about summing it up to anyone who was unhappy with GS reviews I guess.. but let the voting go onto see where we stand =)

matt2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 matt2012
Member since 2007 • 373 Posts
I think it should at least have the same score as they gave Halo 3, even though I think ME is better. So I say about 9.5 or 9.6. I didn't really have a problem with the glitches and the other stuff. The game is tons of fun and I think it deserves that score. In the end the main thing I want is to just have fun without a bunch of little problems in the way. ME delivered exactly what I wanted.
judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 judas-savior

I think it should at least have the same score as they gave Halo 3, even though I think ME is better. So I say about 9.5 or 9.6. I didn't really have a problem with the glitches and the other stuff. The game is tons of fun and I think it deserves that score. In the end the main thing I want is to just have fun without a bunch of little problems in the way. ME delivered exactly what I wanted.matt2012

I didn't think the glitches got in the way either, dont think it shold have been penalized that much for it.l. kotor had its glitches as does many other games =)

Danny2712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Danny2712
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts

The glitches are entirely forgiveable considering the size of the levels it loads (especially when landing on planets). Sure it takes about 3 seconds until your texture is fully up but its a sweet texture =). Probably the best RPG graphics (if only WRPGs) ive ever seen. Dialogue is provocative too. 9.5. You can count the chin hairs on your character!!! lol not that i have ^_^

Finally.. we have real-time in-game conversations.. aaaah

nice poll Judas