Mass Effect: Poised for GOY

This topic is locked from further discussion.

den4sir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 den4sir
Member since 2003 • 1235 Posts

I wanted to know what was the big deal behind Mass Effect, and well, I found out. In comparison to all of the other great franchises, Mass Effect looks to really break a gaming element where most franchises have only scratched the surface: real time gameplay. If you can find the demo online, it's a must see.

From the demo that I saw, it left an impact on me that I have not had since.... the conception of the PS2. This game is definitely going to set the X360 aside from all other consoles and all different gaming genres. Mass Effect, it's going to keep everybody's jaw of the hinges for years to come.

rond5566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 rond5566
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts

I think it has stiff competition from Super Mario Galaxy will I think will refine the idea that GREAT games simply can be just fun without having to be deep as well, a very long lost art.

But from previews alone, these two are definitely my frontrunners

Betaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Betaslayer
Member since 2005 • 665 Posts

I agree mass effect does look like it will epic game but I still wouldn't count my chickens before there hatched, games have a strange way ending up differently than u'd expect

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Can't wait for Mass Effect.
AbstractTerror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 AbstractTerror
Member since 2006 • 1212 Posts
With Halo 3 and GTA:4 coming out this year... Mass Effect might have a hard time winning GOTY. However, it will definitely be this years best RPG, and maybe the best RPG on this generation of consoles (unless FFXIII is better, or this game isn't as good as Oblivion)
alpowerfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 alpowerfull
Member since 2006 • 984 Posts

I can see how crazy awsome this game is going to be, but I think Huxley looks way more promising. Sure Mass Effect will have hundreds of planets to discover, but it will remain Single Player. Huxley is a MMO-Shooter with up to 200 live people fighting on a battlefield at once, over 100 skills at launch. Don't get me wrong, I'm buying ME as soon as it comes out, and will love it. But I think it has stiff competition and doubt it will win GOTY.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

With Halo 3 and GTA:4 coming out this year... Mass Effect might have a hard time winning GOTY. However, it will definitely be this years best RPG, and maybe the best RPG on this generation of consoles (unless FFXIII is better, or this game isn't as good as Oblivion)AbstractTerror

don't forget Fable 2. That game looks like its gunna be the best.

alpowerfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 alpowerfull
Member since 2006 • 984 Posts

isn't as good as Oblivion)AbstractTerror

Isn't as good as Oblivion? Uno is better than Oblivion. This game will surpass it by far...

jlm13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jlm13
Member since 2002 • 762 Posts
I cant wait for this game and I dont even like RPG's that much
Betaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Betaslayer
Member since 2005 • 665 Posts
psh the new harry potter game will pwn all
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts

I can see how crazy awsome this game is going to be, but I think Huxley looks way more promising. Sure Mass Effect will have hundreds of planets to discover, but it will remain Single Player. Huxley is a MMO-Shooter with up to 200 live people fighting on a battlefield at once, over 100 skills at launch. Don't get me wrong, I'm buying ME as soon as it comes out, and will love it. But I think it has stiff competition and doubt it will win GOTY.

alpowerfull
Not everyone shares your love of shooter games or MMO games. I would be highly unlikely to vote for a MMO Shooter game as the GOTY unless it really shocked me with something super special. If Mass Effect comes out and is anywhere near as good as the downloadable trailers off of Xbox Live, then it will very likely be getting my vote for GOTY.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nocoolnamejim

[QUOTE="AbstractTerror"]With Halo 3 and GTA:4 coming out this year... Mass Effect might have a hard time winning GOTY. However, it will definitely be this years best RPG, and maybe the best RPG on this generation of consoles (unless FFXIII is better, or this game isn't as good as Oblivion)MADVLAD123

I don't think Fable 2 is coming out in '07. I think that game will likely slip into '08, but I hope I am wrong. But also, keep in mind that the last Fable game looked absolutely awesome and ended up being just "good" because a lot of stuff ended up on the cutting room floor.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="AbstractTerror"]With Halo 3 and GTA:4 coming out this year... Mass Effect might have a hard time winning GOTY. However, it will definitely be this years best RPG, and maybe the best RPG on this generation of consoles (unless FFXIII is better, or this game isn't as good as Oblivion)nocoolnamejim

I don't think Fable 2 is coming out in '07. I think that game will likely slip into '08, but I hope I am wrong. But also, keep in mind that the last Fable game looked absolutely awesome and ended up being just "good" because a lot of stuff ended up on the cutting room floor.

a well Fable was an awesome game. Wouldn't mind if they don't fulfill all of their promises for fable 2. But they probably learned their lesson.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nocoolnamejim
[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="AbstractTerror"]With Halo 3 and GTA:4 coming out this year... Mass Effect might have a hard time winning GOTY. However, it will definitely be this years best RPG, and maybe the best RPG on this generation of consoles (unless FFXIII is better, or this game isn't as good as Oblivion)MADVLAD123

a well Fable was an awesome game. Wouldn't mind if they don't fulfill all of their promises for fable 2. But they probably learned their lesson.

I hope you're right. I am keeping my expectations low because I don't want to be disappointed if a lot of things I am looking forward to with Fable 2 end up being tossed out of the game. Bioware, on the other hand, has never let me down and is also coming out with Mass Effect a little sooner so I am much more excited at this point.
death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts
IF it does, then the PS3 will have somthing to shuv up their ass' if 360 gets GOY two years running.
GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts

alpowerfull
i think huxley is pretty much dead
den4sir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 den4sir
Member since 2003 • 1235 Posts

I know of  all of the games that are coming this year. Man, what a great year it's going to be for the X360 and gaming. But ME makes a hell of a strong case. Bioware redefined RPG's with KOTOR and Jade Empire and the best part about it is that every time they come out with an RPG based on the same principles as KOTOR. Bioware tends to expand on their style and presentation of their RPGs. I haven't checked out Huxley, but I will within the next 5 min., but Halo 3 needs to be... perfect and by all means can not come up short on any level. Some of these games we've already seen the same action repeated many times. Gears of War is an amazing game, my favorite shooter, but the presentation and controls seemed shared many similarities from Ghost Recon 2, but Gears of War was much more when it came to action. These "Sandbox" games I'm starting to get sick and tired of seeing them. Sorry to all of the pretenders out there, but there's only one "Sandbox" game in my collection, and that's GTA. GTA4 needs to bring something else to the table as well. San Adreas by far is the best one, but what if they added the features from San Andreas to Vice City?

dumbstupid101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dumbstupid101
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts
hell yea