Mass Effect - Nothing mass about it

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leejsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 leejsnake
Member since 2005 • 41 Posts

I like many gamers, was delighted on the launch day for mass effect, having now completed the game a few times I have a few things to say about it. I thought overall it was great but, when you break it down, the game simplyconsistsof the citadel, a few levels and then a few planets that are all the same , just different weather,terranesurfaces and order of placement ofwreckageand salvage material.

Though the game was a great start it felt like half a game , the storydidn'treally end and the depth was a little shallow. A rushed game perhaps, but with a strongChristmasfor Microsoft , would it not have done them better to wait and launch it it Q1 of 2008.Alotwas missing from this game. Anyone else feel let down, and a little well, angry at the few bugs that result in the controller being thrown.

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
I dunno yet, I just got the game and my 360 is back at my apartment. I've read just the opposite of what you say though.
ianp_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ianp_91
Member since 2004 • 2376 Posts
but still, u played it multiple times. maybe after that many play throughs u got bored of it. I got bored of assassins creed in the 4th memory block and am forcing myself to finish it just once..so.
halokillerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 halokillerz
Member since 2004 • 3406 Posts
yes, if u break it down, u will find many bad things about the game, but there is also a lot of great things too. overall, its worth it and is a great overall experience. the game probably would have gotten a 9 or 9.5 if there werent so many glitched. A lot of things in the first post are true though.
ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts

I like many gamers, was delighted on the launch day for mass effect, having now completed the game a few times I have a few things to say about it. I thought overall it was great but, when you break it down, the game simplyconsistsof the citadel, a few levels and then a few planets that are all the same , just different weather,terranesurfaces and order of placement ofwreckageand salvage material.

Though the game was a great start it felt like half a game , the storydidn'treally end and the depth was a little shallow. A rushed game perhaps, but with a strongChristmasfor Microsoft , would it not have done them better to wait and launch it it Q1 of 2008.Alotwas missing from this game. Anyone else feel let down, and a little well, angry at the few bugs that result in the controller being thrown.

leejsnake

Very true but also wrong..........Its not as MASS as it would lead u to believe ie.most planets not explorable even when they are theres little too them.

But its at the same time huge with many possibilites IMO GAME OF THE YEAR

Edit-I also believe thay pressure from MS made them rush the game look at knight of the old republic in some aspects even bigger the enviroments were more vivid and varied and the planets had more depth as with the sidequests

Mass Effect 2 will be possibly the greatest Western RPG of all time if MS and EA give BioWare time to work

ianp_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ianp_91
Member since 2004 • 2376 Posts

yes, if u break it down, u will find many bad things about the game, but there is also a lot of great things too. overall, its worth it and is a great overall experience. the game probably would have gotten a 9 or 9.5 if there werent so many glitched. A lot of things in the first post are true though.halokillerz

yes but some people always pick out the worst things in games and dont really reconize the greatness. Like people give orange box bad reviews since it has "crappy graphics". I mean there are tons of great things about the game that wayyy over shadow some bad parts. But some people just make the bad parts the most important part of their rant and they dont say anything about the good. Mass effect is pry one of the most epic story lines, and the way it was done was perfect. I mean can you find any oter game like this on the 360. No

arcelice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 arcelice
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts
There are A TON of side quests. You most likely didn't do the good ones...
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

If the game truly isn't good you never would have played through it a few time (and yes i do know you didn't say that you didn't like it). The game does have problems, but i thinkmost of them are technical. But like i said before it the game has such problems than the game shouldn't be played through more then once (if you don't like an RPG then you probably don't like the story because gameplay comes second after story for RPGs. If you dislike the story why would you play again).

I have played through twice (putting ruffly 35 hours into the game all together). The story to me started slow, but picked up so greatly later that i want more. I don't want more because there wasn't enough, but more because i honestly think no matter how long the story was i would still be interested in it.

I would say that i disagree with you, but i won't say your wrong because your opinions are your own while mine are mine.

vhayste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vhayste
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts
I haven't played Mass Effect yet but I have my copy. Though I am not expecting too much in a game until I actually played it, I am sure that this game is one title I am proudof tobe included in my collection.
contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
the reson why people say it has so much depth is the conversations without these set pieces of dialouge the game practically falls aprt.
Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts

I dunno yet, I just got the game and my 360 is back at my apartment. I've read just the opposite of what you say though.TheSystemLord1

Its a ****** great game!

just dont finish the main quest if you aren't yet done with the sidequest...Once you finish the main ones,you cant go back and explore.

strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 strayzilla
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts
I think the game is great and I generally hate RPG's. There's a lot to the game if you spend the time to flush things out. Playing the game as one class will play differently than using other classes. It'll be all new strategies for each level. Plus bringing a different team consisting of different members at certain time really changes the dynamics of the story. Plus, I like the acheivement system. you'll have to play through numerous times with different builds to grab them all.
lego863

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 lego863
Member since 2005 • 465 Posts

There are A TON of side quests. You most likely didn't do the good ones...arcelice

Agree

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#14 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

There are tons of side quests, i am on my 2nd go thru the game and its fantastic, best game on teh 360 and best game of the year hands down for me.

Aso the best story in years

ct1257860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#15 ct1257860
Member since 2006 • 4441 Posts
i just started playing it and i like it so far. I am on the part where i had to kill fist lol im now on my 6th try..