mass effect......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

teddydx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 teddydx
Member since 2005 • 916 Posts

I dont know why people really love this game...

but no offense when I saw the gameplay vid, in my opinion, it;s a ok game... I really dont like the combat system because it's kind of pausing the game (maybe can turn it off).

MasterTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MasterTony
Member since 2005 • 1094 Posts

but no offense when I saw the gameplay vid, in my opinion, it;s a ok game... I really dont like the combat system because it's kind of pausing the game (maybe can turn it off).

teddydx

you don't have to pause the game....its got a command system similar to RB6V and GRAW...

_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts

but no offense when I saw the gameplay vid, in my opinion, it;s a ok game... I really dont like the combat system because it's kind of pausing the game (maybe can turn it off).teddydx

You can choose if you want to play slow, and strategic or run & gun. They are loving this game because it's developer Bioware is the(imo) greatest WRPG developer there is. Not to mention their great track record.

MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts
after seeing gameplay vids it looks like its just another shooter. I hope im wrong.
pinionxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pinionxl
Member since 2002 • 1870 Posts
People seem to excuse horrible combat controls in RPGs for some reason, like it's impossible to make a great RPG with great real-time combat. I don't buy it. I really like how ME is looking otherwise, but I couldn't stand the combat in KOTOR despite loving that game's story, so I'll probably pass on purchasing it.
Bromz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Bromz
Member since 2005 • 1639 Posts
They're "pausing" alot in the vids because they've set it so they're telling squad members what to do, when to throw grenades, use powers etc. Theres an option to just let the AI do all that (like they would in games like GeOW) which should reduce pausing quite a bit.
connor1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 connor1989
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts

after seeing gameplay vids it looks like its just another shooter. I hope im wrong.MuscleCarMan

u are wrong lol! cause its an rpg/shooter! which gives u two games in one with a huge storyline, amazing graphics as it uses the same system as gears.......and the choice of what u want to say in the game to give different endings

i think this makes it more than just a shooter, on top of it actually being an rpg lol

00Raziel00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 00Raziel00
Member since 2007 • 1221 Posts
Seems to appeal to the StarWars fans.
pittongkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pittongkid
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts

[QUOTE="MuscleCarMan"]after seeing gameplay vids it looks like its just another shooter. I hope im wrong.connor1989

u are wrong lol! cause its an rpg/shooter! which gives u two games in one with a huge storyline, amazing graphics as it uses the same system as gears.......and the choice of what u want to say in the game to give different endings

i think this makes it more than just a shooter, on top of it actually being an rpg lol

Yep, its really far from just a shooter because simply its an 'RPG' with an added theme to it which is shooter...not like your regular sword, bow, magic RPGs out there. And with ME, you get to choose from different classes like soldier, engineer, infiltrator..etc so just like in other RPG's, different class means different abilities/style so it has lots of options for you to try out. Long story, it lets you take part in the decision making in the outcome of the story. Just think GoW's combat style and Oblivion's genre brought to star wars' environment :D

freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
ou can choose to play tactical or as a shooter. The game is has a good story, setting, many characters and you have your own ship!!!
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
you don't like it. that doesn't mean it's bad. if you don't like it, don't buy it. play the games you like
-Aus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Aus-
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
It'll be the best RPG this year and no less. RPG's are about story, exploring and character customization. They don't need great gameplay to be great games like KOTOR proved. Mass Effect does appear to have outstanding gameplay though, so yeah, it'll definitely be the best RPG this year.
gameguy182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gameguy182
Member since 2005 • 1532 Posts

there's alot more to it then just run and gun game play its not that type of game, its a strategy RPG there's allot of stuff to do and allot of planets and people to explore.

the combat is supposed to be more of the stop and think of what your going to do. and besides you and everyone els haven't even played the game so i don't know why you need to start hating on it, if your not interested in the game then YOUR not interested because its not you type of game. on the other hand there's allot of people that love these types of game, its a RPG not a shooter although you do do allot of shooting.