Mass effect 2 exclusive to the 360.......for only a little while

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
This is why I didn't want EA to acquire Bioware. The original Mass effect is special because not only was it a great game but it was also exclusive to a pretty good console. its going to hurt microsoft when the sequel is going to other consoles, people will seriously just wait for it to be released to the ps3 and all the other consoles that EA is willing to release it to (They would even release it on the DS if they could figure out how to get it to be handheld.) http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/859/859623p1.html
Winkstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Winkstern
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I agree, this is a stupid idea. It was great on the 360 and putting it on other consoles will ruin its name. EA is getting too big in the gaming industry
RipaX21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 RipaX21
Member since 2005 • 1675 Posts

EA is a massive money hungry company that doesn't care about anything that relates to consumer's wants. I personally don't care too much about exclusivity but I swear to God that if they mess this game up with their obsessive need to have outrageous in game advertisements, terrible pop-music soundtracks, and 4 achievements worth 250 points a peice I will flip out.

EA, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, LET BIOWARE DO ALL THE WORK AND DON'T INTERVENE!!! JUST GIVE THEM MONEY AND STEP ASIDE!!!

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

so what, most ps3 owner usually say they hardly even care for our games and that they probably wouldn't buy xbox games even if they had the opportunity, hah.

anywas - i dont care that much anymore, i'm happy as long as i'm able to get the game.

valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

EA is a massive money hungry company that doesn't care about anything that relates to consumer's wants. I personally don't care too much about exclusivity but I swear to God that if they mess this game up with their obsessive need to have outrageous in game advertisements, terrible pop-music soundtracks, and 4 achievements worth 250 points a peice I will flip out.

EA, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, LET BIOWARE DO ALL THE WORK AND DON'T INTERVENE!!! JUST GIVE THEM MONEY AND STEP ASIDE!!!

RipaX21

damn dude! how can you just be SO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
this is a stupid complaint. your basically saying that ppl who own a ps3 don't have the right to experience a great title like mass effect. the more ppl that get to play a game the better, it only adds to the community and in no way shape or form does it sour the name of the game.
valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts
this is a stupid complaint. your basically saying that ppl who own a ps3 don't have the right to experience a great title like mass effect. the more ppl that get to play a game the better, it only adds to the community and in no way shape or form does it sour the name of the game.wreak

Yeah but if they ruin the game itself then it's bad. Though I agree with you about what you said.
Ortadragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ortadragoon
Member since 2005 • 195 Posts
I'm an Xbox-360 fan, but I have no problem with Mass Effect and its sequel being ported to the PS3. It means more people get to experience a great game.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

This is why I didn't want EA to acquire Bioware. The original Mass effect is special because not only was it a great game but it was also exclusive to a pretty good console. its going to hurt microsoft when the sequel is going to other consoles, people will seriously just wait for it to be released to the ps3 and all the other consoles that EA is willing to release it to (They would even release it on the DS if they could figure out how to get it to be handheld.) http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/859/859623p1.html Darkzero6x2

read the article again. this game isnt going to be on the ps3

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lawlessx

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15961/Mass-Effect-2-to-Be-an-Xbox-360-Exclusive/

this article states it clearly

Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Darkzero6x2
it doesnt say ps3 but it does say console exculsive for a short time do you honestly think EA wont port it to the ps3 after a few months? they will
snax13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 snax13
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts
Mass Effect is a great game on the 360...but most games are getting ported to PC...I have ME for the 360 and im going to get ME for the PC...i think they would ruin it if they ported it to the PS3...Playstation isn't ready for a game like Mass Effect....haha
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lawlessx

it doesnt say ps3 but it does say console exculsive for a short time do you honestly think EA wont port it to the ps3 after a few months? they will Darkzero6x2

console exclusive for a short time just like the first mass effect..which was later ported to the PC. this will also happen with mass effect 2.

"I believe we'll be Xbox 360 exclusive for at least a short period of time," Atwood told CVG. Then he added: "I think you'll see a PC version not too far away."

he has no reason to not mention the ps3 if the game was indeed heading to the ps3.

Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darkzero6x2
re-read the article again....it going to the pc isnt that big of a deal microsoft does that to all their games but its only exclusive to the 360 for a little bit of time which means it'll go to the other next gen consoles. its clearly indicated with what they said.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lawlessx

re-read the article again....it going to the pc isnt that big of a deal microsoft does that to all their games but its only exclusive to the 360 for a little bit of time which means it'll go to the other next gen consoles. its clearly indicated with what they said. Darkzero6x2

are you reading the same article?

fter EA acquired BioWare, the future of Mass Effect was uncertain and once Microsoft confirmed it no longer owns the publishing rights of the series, every Mass Effect fan thought they will eventually see the game on the PlayStation 3. Well, that won't be the case.

Speaking to CVG, BioWare senior manager Matt Atwood revealed that the sequel will definitely be an Xbox 360 exclusive and, like the first game, it may eventually be released on PC.

"I believe we'll be Xbox 360 exclusive for at least a short period of time," Atwood told CVG. Then he added: "I think you'll see a PC version not too far away."

do you see any mention of it being ported to any other next gen consoles here? because i dont. and yes it being ported to the PC is infact a big deal because once that happens the game would no longer be an excusive to the 360. like i just said before..if the game was indeed heading to the ps3..bioware/EA would have no reason to NOT mention the ps3 aswell as the 360 and PC vers

Haeravon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Haeravon
Member since 2004 • 764 Posts
Playstation isn't ready for a game like Mass Effect? What sense does that even make? lawlessx is right, that first article doesn't say anything, really. ME1 is going to the PC, so will ME2. It was just written vaguely to stir up trouble. And if they PS3 does get it, who cares? The issue isn't multiplatforming, the issue is EA rushing a decent developer to churn out a game in so short a time as to render originality and depth impossible. If that happens, the game will suck whether it's exclusive or not. What scares me isn't the PS3.. what scares me is EA's well-noted desire to break into the Wii market. Can you imagine a ME game scaled down to run on the Wii? Yuck!
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lawlessx

Playstation isn't ready for a game like Mass Effect? What sense does that even make? lawlessx is right, that first article doesn't say anything, really. ME1 is going to the PC, so will ME2. It was just written vaguely to stir up trouble. And if they PS3 does get it, who cares? The issue isn't multiplatforming, the issue is EA rushing a decent developer to churn out a game in so short a time as to render originality and depth impossible. If that happens, the game will suck whether it's exclusive or not. What scares me isn't the PS3.. what scares me is EA's well-noted desire to break into the Wii market. Can you imagine a ME game scaled down to run on the Wii? Yuck!Haeravon

EA arent the greedy monsters many make them out to be. and the only team that rushing to create game after game is EA's sports developing team. why people think EA would force bioware to rush with a RPG is beyond me

X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 X-7
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts

this is a stupid complaint. your basically saying that ppl who own a ps3 don't have the right to experience a great title like mass effect. the more ppl that get to play a game the better, it only adds to the community and in no way shape or form does it sour the name of the game.wreak

I agree. What's the big deal? Who cares if it go PC or even PS3? Get over it kids.

Haeravon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Haeravon
I'm just spiteful over EA destroying Bullfrog and eliminating the chance of there ever being a Dungeon Keeper 3. Yep. Seems to be a pretty good reason to me. Oh, probably the fact they've been sued twice by their workers for unpaid over time. Forcing your workers to work salary at 100 hours a week, and still producing the quality of games they produce? I don't know, that's a little sad.
lenny_ohpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 lenny_ohpop
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
EA IS SHlT only game that i every part liked was fifa 08
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

lawlessx

learn how to link please....but good news for 360 owners.....i still haven't played the first one

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
I say we stop buying EA products :), its gunna be hard..but we can do it!
Haeravon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Haeravon
No it wont. EA games tend to suck. Now that they have ME2, however.. and if they get Take Two, they'll own the IP to GTA, Bioshock, Elder Scrolls, Fallout.. That would be a hard bunch to boycott.
jus2nyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 jus2nyce
Member since 2005 • 1574 Posts

lawlessx

This person just officially squashed this thread, does any one ever read the articles before they reply... :?

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

I'm an Xbox-360 fan, but I have no problem with Mass Effect and its sequel being ported to the PS3. It means more people get to experience a great game.Ortadragoon

Agreed!!! We are all gamers, Fanboyism needs to DIE!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5dc1155346926
deactivated-5dc1155346926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 deactivated-5dc1155346926
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts

[QUOTE="Ortadragoon"]I'm an Xbox-360 fan, but I have no problem with Mass Effect and its sequel being ported to the PS3. It means more people get to experience a great game.MERC_RECONN

Agreed!!! We are all gamers, Fanboyism needs to DIE!!!!

^^^ Agreed... Fanboyism needs to die for real. People need to stop. Mass Effect 2 isn't even published by Microsoft anyways. Dont you guys know what that means? That means that if EA wants Mass Effect 2 to go to PS3 it will. Unlike Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2 is published by EA ONLY... not Microsoft & EA like Mass Effect 1 was.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

This is what EA does:

Every game they have their name on goes to any platform it can possibly work on. Not saying it's bad that it goes to Mac, BUT it's bad how EA tries to multiplat anything that is ever made.

It'd be on the Wii if it even worked out. I'm sure they tried having someone port the RA3 game, but I'm positive it didn't turn out well at all.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

So it IS coming to the 360, right?

Cuz thats *all* I care about.

wado-karate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 wado-karate
Member since 2007 • 3831 Posts

I don't understand why people feel the need to bump a year and a half old thread.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

I don't understand why people feel the need to bump a year and a half old thread.

wado-karate

It was probably somebody being *respectful* and not just creating a new thread when there's already a topic talking about it.

Its what the 'Search' feature is for.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

If it goes to PS3, I'll buy them on there. But I already bought ME and I will buy ME2 for 360 as well.

Avatar image for jakeman55667799
jakeman55667799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jakeman55667799
Member since 2007 • 46 Posts

Why does it bother you if your still going to be able to appreciate this great game? If your going to be able to play it dont worry about it.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Wow.. Who bumped this super old thread? lulz