Mass Effect 1 questions....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Strap_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Strap_happy
Member since 2005 • 682 Posts

Hey, so as ive never played Mass effect and i thought it would be wise to go through this before I buy and play two. I have just finished the fight with the big plant that controls people so I believe im still very early on in the game but I need some help. I remember seeing in the trailers Shepard being able to pick things up in the air (presumabley with biotics) and shoot them but the game hasnt even hinted to me that these abilities are available. So are they already there and ive missed them?

Also everything seems sooooo EXPENSIVE! I can hardly ever buy anything in shops as i just dont have the money, is there any way of gaining more quickly?

And finnally who did you have in your squad? I generally use Garus and Wrex, is that a good choice? Or will I struggle later in the game?

Many thanks in advance.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
depends who your character is...you wont have biotics unless your an adept/vanguard, garrus and wrex are good for either a biotic or soldier and the best way to gain money is by scanning minerals and doing quests
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Sell the items you find at shops when you encounter them... convert lower lvl gear into gel, and sell the rest.... its pretty easy to finish the game with 9999999 credits

As far as biotics go... I'm very surprised you've gotten so far and not used them yet... you won't have biotics (Lift, Throw, etc.) unless you chose the appropriate class. But you can have squad members that use biotics... Liara T'Soni, Wrex & Kaiden all have biotics.

It doesn't matter who you use more... everyone levels up together, even if u don't use them. I can't recommend who to take in ur party unless I know what class you are... I always made sure I had engineer, biotic & engineer abilities combined. So if you are a soldier, take Tali & Liara T'Soni. If you are a biotic then take Ashley & Tali. If you are an engineer, take Ashley & Liara.

Of course you might bea mix class, then your choices might be varied somewhat. Just make sure you have Tech & Biotics.

bigredrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 bigredrew
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts

Hey, so as ive never played Mass effect and i thought it would be wise to go through this before I buy and play two. I have just finished the fight with the big plant that controls people so I believe im still very early on in the game but I need some help. I remember seeing in the trailers Shepard being able to pick things up in the air (presumabley with biotics) and shoot them but the game hasnt even hinted to me that these abilities are available. So are they already there and ive missed them?

Also everything seems sooooo EXPENSIVE! I can hardly ever buy anything in shops as i just dont have the money, is there any way of gaining more quickly?

And finnally who did you have in your squad? I generally use Garus and Wrex, is that a good choice? Or will I struggle later in the game?

Many thanks in advance.

Strap_happy
-Yea, the ability your thinking of is called Lift I think. Depending on your class, you may have it as an option or not. If you do not, Liara has ability to do so and is effective as well. If I remember correctly, Adepts and Sentinels can use it " maybe another 1 or 2 as well". -As far as the price of equipment, your not going to be able to afford the higher stuff right on. As your level increases, higher quality gear drops and you can sell those for butt loads of credits. The best thing to do if you want to stockpile credits is to choose your core team and stick with them the entire game. After you do this, you can just focus on upgrading their gear and you'll be able to sell the un-helpful items. -Don't strain on gearing of the other characters, just because their gear doesn't get upgrade won't effect the game. As far as my squad members, that really changes per class. I know for my solider class: I used Liara and Tali for my member. For the Adept: I used Garrus and Wrex. Then for my sentinel class: I used Wrex and Ashley.
laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

first off, you probably picked a soldier so you can't use biotics, secondly, money will be very easy to make later on in the game

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
Erhm, use the sticky?
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Please keep all Mass Effect discussion in the Official Sticky.