Mafia 2 Gameplay Footage!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

Here.

Looks absolutely stunning.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Wow this game looks great. This year certainly is going to be great we already have The Godfather 2 and this game looks even better. I was actually sad when the video ended. It looks like a great year for gangster games.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Mafia is one of all time favorite games, I hope this sequel surpasses it, and judging from this video, it might will.

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lanezy

Wow this game looks great. This year certainly is going to be great we already have The Godfather 2 and this game looks even better. I was actually sad when the video ended. It looks like a great year for gangster games.

craigalan23

09 is another one of those years where you think it's not going to be that great, but then we get gems like this. 09 is shaping up nicely and will still have E3 to look forward to.

Bloodymassacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Bloodymassacre
Member since 2007 • 391 Posts

Thanks for posting this, been waiting awhile to see some gameplay of this! Mafia II looks absolutely stunning, I can't wait.

Red122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Red122
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts

Im not a huge fan of these kind of games but will give it a try nonetheless I did however try Godfather II and it was fun.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
Been waiting for this game for a long time. The first was one of my favourite games.....this one looks fantastic too!
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

GTA4 + Run & Gun + 1950 = Mafia 2

eagles_band

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 eagles_band
Member since 2008 • 2969 Posts

craigalan23

If you thought the Godfather 2 was good, you're prob gonna think this game is the best you're ever played. Godfather 2 sucked big time.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

eagles_band

If you thought the Godfather 2 was good, you're prob gonna think this game is the best you're ever played. Godfather 2 sucked big time.

I would not say it will be the best ever but it does look great. I guess i also liked The Godfather 2 a lot because i was a huge fan of the first and got it half priced.

gotcha455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gotcha455
Member since 2006 • 2611 Posts

Mafia on PC is my favorite game of all time perhaps..... this game looks dissapointing. I will disagree with you guys, that looked all run and gun, Gears gameplay mechanics and all..... Has the cliches of 2009 so it will be tough for me to enjoy it andnot go back and play Mafia. Can't wait to see more of it though.

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lanezy

Squeets

I'm confused as to how you thought the gameplay was run and gun from watching that video. It clearly showed a cover mechanic that seems pretty integral to the gameplay itself.

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lanezy

...I will disagree with you guys, that looked all run and gun, Gears gameplay mechanics and all..... Has the cliches of 2009 so it will be tough for me to enjoy it andnot go back and play Mafia. Can't wait to see more of it though.

gotcha455

Am I missing something here? It looked like the cover system is pretty well used from what I saw of that video.

gotcha455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gotcha455

Cover system..... never seen one of those before.... You can pop out and get super cool headshots too! Wow!!!

Not. We shall see.... The story will be the deciding factor for this one.

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lanezy

Cover system..... never seen one of those before.... You can pop out and get super cool headshots too! Wow!!!

gotcha455

Did the first one have a cover system? It's hard to imagine a third-person shooter without one. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just really confused by what you're trying to say.

Foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Foggel
Member since 2008 • 941 Posts

I'm so excited I wanna cry. Mafia was brilliant on so many levels.

Mr. Salieri sends his regards!

RimeSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RimeSoldier
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

OMG THAT VIDEO LOOKED FANTASTIC, the cutscene was a little bit skippy but i think it'll be fine, the cars and driving look like so much fun!!

and the shootout!..oh the shootouts are so cewl

but i cant decide whether to get for pc or xbox360

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

[QUOTE="Lanezy"]

[QUOTE="gotcha455"]

gotcha455

Did the first one have a cover system? It's hard to imagine a third-person shooter without one. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just really confused by what you're trying to say.

DID the first have a cover system??? You didnt play it? Well, you should know that it didn't, but I don't want to talk to you.... You started a Mafia 2 thread but never played the first game? you suck.

get off your high horse, seriously, how rude can u be? anyways, the game looks pretty fun, liking the mafia theme.
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lanezy

I can be a lot more rude..... He asked why I thought a SEQUEL was dissapointing, then he disagreed even though he never played the truly brilliant predecessor. Recipe for a xxxxstain IMO. Plus this is gamespot, who cares.

gotcha455

Wow, where to start.....

At first you stated that from the video, the game looked all run and gun.

...I will disagree with you guys, that looked all run and gun, Gears gameplay mechanics and all.
gotcha455

I asked how you thought that after the video showed a cover system that looked well implented. You replied:

gotcha455

So which one is it? Run and gun or a cover system that you have a problem with? I can appreciate the fact that you played the first one, but it doesn't mean my opinion was invalid, especially when you make a childish remark. I tried to be nice by simply asking you what you meant by your two contradicting posts, but you can't seem to explain yourself....typical.

gotcha455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gotcha455

I'll be straight, the run and gun remark was just added on, heard someone else say it so I did too. That might not be a problem. The cover system isn't favorable for me. I just thought Mafia was so great that when the second one came out, it wouldn't have those mechanics that we see in so many games, I thought it would do something new. Maybe it will, we only saw a few minutes of gameplay, afterall. The cover thing is typical nowadays.... Just hope there isn't a slo-mo feature, that'd be icing on the cake.... lol

gotcha455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gotcha455

You should give Mafia a go, if you have a PC rthat's only a few years old it will play fine.... probably $10 on ebay, I bet you will like it.

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

wow after that video this game is one of my top 5 games i want this year.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

[QUOTE="Squeets"]

Lanezy

I'm confused as to how you thought the gameplay was run and gun from watching that video. It clearly showed a cover mechanic that seems pretty integral to the gameplay itself.

I was stating in terms of GTA4... you couldn't shoot while running... you had to be in aim mode... in this game... it is like Saints Row gamepaly where there is just a fixed crosshair and you can run and shoot without ever entering an aiming mode...

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lanezy

[QUOTE="Lanezy"]

[QUOTE="Squeets"]

Squeets

I was stating in terms of GTA4... you couldn't shoot while running... you had to be in aim mode... in this game... it is like Saints Row gamepaly where there is just a fixed crosshair and you can run and shoot without ever entering an aiming mode...

Oh, I catch your drift.

I'm sure the use of cover will be used extensively and lets hope the AI will be a challenge.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

[QUOTE="Lanezy"]

[QUOTE="gotcha455"]

gotcha455

DID the first have a cover system??? You didnt play it? Well, you should know that it didn't, but I don't want to talk to you.... You started a Mafia 2 thread but never played the first game? you suck.

Someone with 2580 posts should know not to be such an arse on the forums....seriously now...
b-u-r-p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 b-u-r-p
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts
This looks great, definitely getting this. But IMO the gun animations could be better, I dunno how, but it just seems a little stiff to me. Is it just me?
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
It would be nice if the video didn't keep buffering!!!
b-u-r-p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 b-u-r-p
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts
^ Everyone is complaining about the buffering, but mine loaded instantly - it didn't pause or anything. And I have an okay connection, and I'm living in the middle east :P
Foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Foggel
Member since 2008 • 941 Posts

I can be a lot more rude..... He asked why I thought a SEQUEL was dissapointing, then he disagreed even though he never played the truly brilliant predecessor. Recipe for a xxxxstain IMO. Plus this is gamespot, who cares.

gotcha455
I played the first game. I loved it. In fact, it's one of my all time favs. And I think the sequel looks fantastic.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
I dont care what gameplay machanic mafia 2 uses (run and gun/cover) but I want it!
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#33 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
Looks amazing visually and the car handling and shooting look polished.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#34 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
[QUOTE="gotcha455"]

[QUOTE="Lanezy"]

[QUOTE="gotcha455"]

How immature and don't tell people they suck when your gamerscore is tiny and the 360s been out 4 years.