madden 12 demo impressions, or general thoughts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for diegosanchezMMA
diegosanchezMMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 diegosanchezMMA
Member since 2010 • 830 Posts

so i have not seen any madden 12 threads on here at all, does that mean i was the only one playing the demo?

well what are your thoughts on the demo? do you like some of the changes?

for me there are a coupple things that botherd me,

1) i hate the new kicking camera for kickoffs and field goals

2)i hate the button system they use for the kickoffs/punts/feild goals i like Ncaa 12's much better with the stick

3)i hate the new animation when you flip through the plays, the circles showing the formations look funny to me (anyones else on this one)

4)the game just plays to fast for me

5)i hope there is commentary

i mean for me they are small tidbits, but how wabout you guys?

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
other copy an paste... $60 per copy for a dev team spend 5 months on making vs other games that spend 2-3 years and sell the same price that
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

It's Madden, there isn't much else to say. The last Madden game i bought was 08 for the gamecube.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
You can change the camera for kickoffs and fieldgoals and there will be commentary of course. I really like it. It feels complete for the first time since Madden 05.
Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

Same concerns as you, but was it just me... or was running broken? Maybe it's 'cause I only played on Pro... but I ran 14 with Ryan Grant for like 250 yds.

diegosanchezMMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 diegosanchezMMA

Same concerns as you, but was it just me... or was running broken? Maybe it's 'cause I only played on Pro... but I ran 14 with Ryan Grant for like 250 yds.

Nozizaki

no its not you, i did the same as well, and i even turned up the difficulty to all madden and was still 13 carries for 134 yards and 3 tds with FORTE!

diegosanchezMMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 diegosanchezMMA

You can change the camera for kickoffs and fieldgoals and there will be commentary of course. I really like it. It feels complete for the first time since Madden 05. Spellingiscool

i dont know, this game seems incomplete to me, we will see though, a demo is for sure may or may not detrmine the final product

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
I was impressed, went to pre-order the game the other day. Can't wait for midnight release!
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Much has been improved, but I'm not a fan of the kicking animation/meter. I prefer NCAA's
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

[QUOTE="Nozizaki"]

diegosanchezMMA

no its not you, i did the same as well, and i even turned up the difficulty to all madden and was still 13 carries for 134 yards and 3 tds with FORTE!

I can only imagine what I could do with Hillis or Peterson!!! lol

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#11 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

The camera can be switched for kicking and there will be commentary I imagine. Remember it's a demo for a reason, but that being said, it's a Madden game. Nobody should turn this demo on and be surprised by what they get. I am in it for the supposedly improved franchise mode, but no features from this are available in the game so I'm anxious to see how much better it is. The game itself is fine; I wasn't blown away by it but it does seem to be a better installment than 2011.

diegosanchezMMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 diegosanchezMMA

[QUOTE="diegosanchezMMA"]

[QUOTE="Nozizaki"]

MarcRecon

hahah yeah i bet, i mean i would imagine ryan grant would be around a mid 80sih rated player, while a guy like hillis or peterson would be above a 90 rating

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

diegosanchezMMA

hahah yeah i bet, i mean i would imagine ryan grant would be around a mid 80sih rated player, while a guy like hillis or peterson would be above a 90 rating

Even though I'm a Ravens fan, I really do like payton hillis...he a peterson are such throwbacks, I love both of the beasts!!!:P

diegosanchezMMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 diegosanchezMMA

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

MarcRecon

Even though I'm a Ravens fan, I really do like payton hillis...he a peterson are such throwbacks, I love both of the beasts!!!:P

yeah i am a lions fan myself, when have no proven calibur running back at the moment, but we have suh, thats enough for me :)

Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nozizaki

[QUOTE="Nozizaki"]

MarcRecon

So glad Vikings are my favorite team. I'll just go online and run for 500 yds!

greendayR0cks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 greendayR0cks
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts

The same old football with the same old crap, just with better graphics that won't change the same crap gameplay know as FOOTBALL. Why waste $60 on it?

diegosanchezMMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 diegosanchezMMA

[QUOTE="greendayR0cks"]

The same old football with the same old crap, just with better graphics that won't change the same crap gameplay know as FOOTBALL. Why waste $60 on it?

Spellingiscool

I think you need to reevaluate what crap is, seeing as how you like Green Day and all. You're bad at the game, it's okay.

hahaha lol, i will tell you i like greenday myself so watch what you say ;)

Hunterr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hunterr17
Member since 2009 • 54 Posts

Game looks alright. Jennings seems to catch every single pass somehow even if 3 cbs are covering him. Couple glitches here and there,kinda hoping they fix em. Btw Green day is a good band

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Each year I say I'm going to buy a sports game and then I never do. This demo hasn't changed anything for me.
vrizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 vrizzle
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts

i wish they would have kept the kicking meter from last year or the stick from madden 10 cuz this one sucks

greendayR0cks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 greendayR0cks
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts

[QUOTE="greendayR0cks"]

Spellingiscool

I think you need to reevaluate what crap is, seeing as how you like Green Day and all. You're bad at the game, it's okay.

Wait, first of all, I played the demo thank you very much. It was still the same crap football I played years ago. Why did you bring the Green Day hate on a freaking Football topic? Seriously, I love the band and you don't, its called opinions for a reason. Now seriously, lets get back to the "Madden 2012" game thing. If you wanna waste $60 on a Football game that you already owned, I'm fine with that. I'm not wasting $60 on a Football game I already owned, its stupid.

Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nozizaki

[QUOTE="Spellingiscool"][QUOTE="greendayR0cks"]

greendayR0cks

Wait, first of all, I played the demo thank you very much. It was still the same crap football I played years ago. Why did you bring the Green Day hate on a freaking Football topic? Seriously, I love the band and you don't, its called opinions for a reason. Now seriously, lets get back to the "Madden 2012" game thing. If you wanna waste $60 on a Football game that you already owned, I'm fine with that. I'm not wasting $60 on a Football game I already owned, its stupid.

I don't own, that's why I'm getting. I won't get another Madden game until they shut down the servers, nowing EA, 2 years from now.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts

[QUOTE="Spellingiscool"][QUOTE="greendayR0cks"]

greendayR0cks

Thanks to Amazon, I got it for $44.99 with a $20 giftcard, effectively making it $24.99. No one should be paying $60 plus tax without incentives. So you played the demo? Ok, doesn't mean you're still not bad at the game. I guess that could make anyone a bit bitter. Go let Green Day comfort you.
Huneybadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Huneybadger
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Nozizaki"]

diegosanchezMMA

It is way to easy to run. I like the idea of the glancing hit type of thing but it has to be harder than that.
Shazaaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shazaaman
Member since 2009 • 132 Posts

Disappointed that it is the same game as before but not surprised.

Am way more excited to find out how Rugby Challenge turns out. Man, I really need a good rugby game to happen after waiting all these years. It doesnt even have to be NBA 2K11 good, just Madden good and I will be ecstatic.