Madden 09 Cover Ruined!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celtics12393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Celtics12393
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Now that Brett Favre has been traded to the Jets will Madden keep Brett Favre on the Packers as the cover or will they change it?
CessPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CessPool
Member since 2003 • 398 Posts
He better watch out for the madden curse!
techguybrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 techguybrian
Member since 2008 • 167 Posts

He better watch out for the madden curse!CessPool

yeah i think the EA curse has been working like a charm lately ..so we'll see

resident-shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 resident-shell
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts
They're not going to change it this close to release. Favre made a name for himself as a Greenbay Packer, he should be represented on the cover of Madden as a Packer.
Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

yes dont you see? THAT's why they traded favre! so he can get injured and RUIN the jets!

go bills!

Madden curse FTW

resident-shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 resident-shell

yes dont you see? THAT's why they traded favre! so he can get injured and RUIN the jets!

go bills!

Madden curse FTW

Keving7
The Jets don't need much help being ruined. Even with Favre I don't see them making much improvement this season.
theqbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theqbz
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Yeah but dont they have to do roster update now ad what will his ranking be remeber tom brady a couple years back he was to good on madden . Seriously did we think he was gonna retire i though he was.
resident-shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 resident-shell
Yeah but dont they have to do roster update now ad what will his ranking be remeber tom brady a couple years back he was to good on madden . Seriously did we think he was gonna retire i though he was.theqbz
Tom Brady is the highest ranked QB in Madden, and he's going to kick ass, because they don't make AI good enough to stop a player controlled Tom Brady.
Celtics12393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Celtics12393
I dont even think Favre should have been on the cover. it would be much better to have Sean Taylor on the cover.
Celtics12393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Celtics12393
I dont even think Favre should have been on the cover. it would be much better to have Sean Taylor on the cover.
resident-shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 resident-shell
I dont even think Favre should have been on the cover. it would be much better to have Sean Taylor on the cover. Celtics12393
Not to disrespect Sean Taylor, but he wasn't that good.
Celtics12393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Celtics12393

[QUOTE="Celtics12393"]I dont even think Favre should have been on the cover. it would be much better to have Sean Taylor on the cover. resident-shell

Yes that is true Im just saying it would be a nice memorial for him.

msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
Now that Brett Favre has been traded to the Jets will Madden keep Brett Favre on the Packers as the cover or will they change it?Celtics12393
They'll change it to this...
hellshemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hellshemi
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts

He better watch out for the madden curse!CessPool
What do youe mean watch out for the curse?

He has to play for the Jets now and thats worse than getting injured. lol

bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
it's funny.. before he was definitely coming back i kept saying "he's 38 years old, if he keeps coming back he's just going to end up getting injured." age, combined with the madden curse.. looks like i'll be right.
xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xxxMoreBeerxxx
Member since 2006 • 993 Posts

[QUOTE="theqbz"]Yeah but dont they have to do roster update now ad what will his ranking be remeber tom brady a couple years back he was to good on madden . Seriously did we think he was gonna retire i though he was.resident-shell
Tom Brady is the highest ranked QB in Madden, and he's going to kick ass, because they don't make AI good enough to stop a player controlled Tom Brady.

He must have cameramen on the sidelines taping the opposing coaches signals and signal jamming for the opposing teams head sets just like real life!

Celtics12393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Celtics12393

[QUOTE="resident-shell"][QUOTE="theqbz"]Yeah but dont they have to do roster update now ad what will his ranking be remeber tom brady a couple years back he was to good on madden . Seriously did we think he was gonna retire i though he was.xxxMoreBeerxxx

He must have cameramen on the sidelines taping the opposing coaches signals and signal jamming for the opposing teams head sets just like real life!

First of all it was Bill Belicheck who used the tapes. Tom Brady had nothing to do about it and i will bet Tom Brady is alot better quaterback then your team's QB

ownzone55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ownzone55
Member since 2007 • 557 Posts

[QUOTE="resident-shell"][QUOTE="Celtics12393"]I dont even think Favre should have been on the cover. it would be much better to have Sean Taylor on the cover. Celtics12393

Are you kidding me sean taylor not that good.... He was the most feirced tackler in the back feild. It seems like every time a wr would go up in the middle taylor would jack him up. Last season he was leading up to a shut down safty. He recorded 5 int's most in the nfl. Trust me taylor was leading to be the best safties in the nfl.

Also this doesn't really affect brett farve on the madden cover. I mean farve has been KNOWN to be packer. His legacy was created there. No matter what uniform he wears ppl will always see him as a packer.

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
The Madden Curse has already struck. He's been forced out of Green Bay, his team for 16 years.
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
The Madden Curse has already struck. He's been forced out of Green Bay, his team for 16 years. Doomtime
You could look at it that way. But we'll really know if it has struck if he has a terrible season or if he gets hurt.
Sammy0205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sammy0205
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
i read that there will be a roster update available for download when the game is released and that they will have a new cover available online that you can print out and put in the sleeve
Celtics12393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Celtics12393

^^ thats stupid :|

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
I find it so freakin' odd how the Madden curse is true... very creepy.
gustavog117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 gustavog117
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts

^^ thats stupid :|

Celtics12393

HAHA

Anyways, I agree with the person who said he will be remembered as a Packer, because it is where he started. I hate to see him go to such a crappy team but the Pack has moved on and I respect that. I mean I thought he would stay retired, I almost shed teards at his press confernce too. The team looks great though and I couldnt ask for any more good wr, great rb's, an awesome D and Aaron Rodgers qb rating is like 106 so im alright.

Vasichko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Vasichko
Member since 2004 • 2565 Posts

[QUOTE="resident-shell"][QUOTE="Celtics12393"]I dont even think Favre should have been on the cover. it would be much better to have Sean Taylor on the cover. Celtics12393

Why should Taylor be on the cover? Wasnt he the guy that spit in at other players? He was a thug as well.

xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xxxMoreBeerxxx
[QUOTE="xxxMoreBeerxxx"]

[QUOTE="resident-shell"][QUOTE="theqbz"]Yeah but dont they have to do roster update now ad what will his ranking be remeber tom brady a couple years back he was to good on madden . Seriously did we think he was gonna retire i though he was.Celtics12393

First of all it was Bill Belicheck who used the tapes. Tom Brady had nothing to do about it and i will bet Tom Brady is alot better quaterback then your team's QB

No Belicheat and Golden Boy both benifitted from the tapes. Look at Belicheats winning percentage before he went to New England and started his underhanded tactics. Stats don't lie. He was under .500 winning percentage before and jumped to the astronomical number it is at now. You will see just how much Brady benifitted from the cheating that occurred. I am willing to bet that he never again wins the Super Bowl nor will he ever even make it to the AFC Championship game again. An asterix should be placed in the record books next to New Englands and Golden Boys records.

An my teams quarterback is a pretty darn good one. Only one quarterback had better numbers than him last year. And zero quarterbacks who are not cheaters had better numbers than him. He is also the youngest qb to ever win the SB and putting up numbers in his first 5 seasons that have not been seen since Marino and Elway. His name is Roethlisberger. Maybe you have heard of him on Espn in the 10 secs per episode in which they are not raving about the Patriots, Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, Dodgers, or Cubs.

DeathHeart95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 DeathHeart95
Member since 2008 • 2541 Posts
I'm more worried about how the O Line tries to block the safeties rather than the defensive linebackers.
bryan207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bryan207
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts
It was reported todaythe EA will create a new cover for Madden and will offer it up via download on their website. You will just have to print it out yourself. It walso reported that there will be a roster update within 3 days of the release of the game to reflect the Brett Favre trade.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts
They're keeping the same cover, but they will realese a downloadable cover that has him in a Jets uniform. Yoou just need a printer.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts
[QUOTE="theqbz"]Yeah but dont they have to do roster update now ad what will his ranking be remember tom brady a couple years back he was to good on madden . Seriously did we think he was gonna retire i though he was.resident-shell

Tom Brady is an overrated punk who thinks he's the **** when really his career relies solely on the Pats offensive line. I'd like to see him on a different team.

I will now quote a Q/A between a reporter and Brady before the last Super Bowl

Reporter: I believe the score will be 20-17, Giants.
Brady: You really think were only gonna get 17 points.

The fun thing is, they didn't even get 17 points and they lost to the Giants. So now Eli can shove that Super Bowl trophy way up Tom Brady's ***.

wyndells99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wyndells99
Member since 2005 • 314 Posts

dude favre went to a division with patriots bad ideal

he will have bad year there

baconman177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 baconman177
Member since 2007 • 229 Posts
wat about the disc will it so him as a packer or jet
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
im more worried about Brett Farves legacy, well whats left of it
Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

[QUOTE="Celtics12393"]Now that Brett Favre has been traded to the Jets will Madden keep Brett Favre on the Packers as the cover or will they change it?msjr78
They'll change it to this...

DUDE, did you find that online? If you made that yourself.... NICE WORK!!!!!!

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
Considering the fact that my friend has had his copy since Wednesday, I think they'll have to leave Brett a Packer.
xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xxxMoreBeerxxx
[QUOTE="resident-shell"][QUOTE="theqbz"]Yeah but dont they have to do roster update now ad what will his ranking be remember tom brady a couple years back he was to good on madden . Seriously did we think he was gonna retire i though he was.Phoenix534

Tom Brady is an overrated punk who thinks he's the **** when really his career relies solely on the Pats offensive line. I'd like to see him on a different team.

I will now quote a Q/A between a reporter and Brady before the last Super Bowl

Reporter: I believe the score will be 20-17, Giants.
Brady: You really think were only gonna get 17 points.

The fun thing is, they didn't even get 17 points and they lost to the Giants. So now Eli can shove that Super Bowl trophy way up Tom Brady's ***.

Hey, finally a rational human being who is not drinking the ESPN kool-aid.

xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xxxMoreBeerxxx

dude favre went to a division with patriots bad ideal

he will have bad year there

wyndells99

No he went to a better conference. The AFC is heads and shoulders above the NFC with elite teams. And sorry to burst your bubble dude, the Patriots are no longer an elite in the division. Their defense is too old. There offense will be figured this year when Bealicheat is not able to steal signs. They are one injury away from finishing in the middle of the division.

shaddix55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 shaddix55
Member since 2003 • 1242 Posts
EA is releasing a printable updated version online of Brett Favre in a Jets uniform on the Madden 09 cover
kingrich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#40 kingrich06
Member since 2006 • 5403 Posts
i wonder if they will have 2 covers