Lost wireless connection...suddenly

This topic is locked from further discussion.

virtualaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 virtualaddict
Member since 2009 • 107 Posts

ok here's the situation

I have been playing black ops on xbox360 onlinefor more than a month.
I have Netgear wireless modem and never had troubleplaying online wireless before, but when I tried to
play black ops online again today I could not connect it to my wireless network for some reason.

I put SSID and passphrase in again but nope still couldn't connect it.
I am surfing the net wirelessly on my desktop PC right now so
I don't think there is anything wrong with the modem..but not sure.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem here?

thanks

I used ethernet cable for xbox360 and it works.
Just can't connect wirelessly. Odd.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Fist thing you need to do is restart your wi fi modem...

Just unplug it from the power outlet let it sit for 10 secs and plug it back in.

If this does not fix the problem and you have Internet on your PC just not your XBOX then you should look at your WiFi setting on your XBOX 360...Make sure it is set to "automatically detect IP or any other configurations"...

sharkbiscuit79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 sharkbiscuit79
Member since 2009 • 1142 Posts

Maybe your modem has some sense and thinks black ops sucks. ha ha ONLY JOKING. Try restarting your modem/router I had the same thing a few weeks back xbox would not connect but laptop would. I usualy turn it of and shut everying down thats connected to it. Turn the router back on wait untill all the lights are on then power up the xbox and laptop, works every time for me.

p.s I could not help myself but can I ask whats the other way your router would stop working other than suddenly?:P

Sorry take no offence im just in a sarcastic mood this moring:D

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#4 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Maybe your modem has some sense and thinks black ops sucks. ha ha ONLY JOKING. Try restarting your modem/router I had the same thing a few weeks back xbox would not connect but laptop would. I usualy turn it of and shut everying down thats connected to it. Turn the router back on wait untill all the lights are on then power up the xbox and laptop, works every time for me.

p.s I could not help myself but can I ask whats the other way your router would stop working other than suddenly?:P

Sorry take no offence im just in a sarcastic mood this moring:D

sharkbiscuit79

Well, he said lost wireless connection...suddenly, not his router stopped working suddenly. :) Which is a complete true statement.

Avatar image for EasyNormalHard1
EasyNormalHard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 EasyNormalHard1
Member since 2010 • 203 Posts

Fist thing you need to do is restart your wi fi modem...

Just unplug it from the power outlet let it sit for 10 secs and plug it back in.

If this does not fix the problem and you have Internet on your PC just not your XBOX then you should look at your WiFi setting on your XBOX 360...Make sure it is set to "automatically detect IP or any other configurations"...

EvilSelf
Try this.
virtualaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 virtualaddict
Member since 2009 • 107 Posts

it's working now after changing SSID and passphrase. forgot to thank you guys for answering.