Lost Odyssey (no spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kirrimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kirrimir
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
hey, if you play lost odyssey i wna know whats your opinion coz i love it!
Dilan120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Dilan120
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts
Its a hard game to say the least
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
I love the game, and it's an hard one too. Just started Disc 4 and i'm level 38.
Avatar image for fallendamnation
fallendamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fallendamnation
Member since 2004 • 5981 Posts
Its got incredible acting and some really memoriable character. Oh and it isnt that hard you just have to find the correct way to defeat each type of enemy requires a bit of strategy to play it.
Kirrimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kirrimir

wow you know i just started second disk and im finding it really easy and whats the average game-span for this if you know?:)

Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
It's a good game for sure, but it's reminded me that I hate random encounters and save points.
Kirrimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kirrimir
what do you mean you hate save points o_0 and random encounters make it fun in my opinion meh mabye its just me :)
Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
I prefer being able to save whenever and wherever I want. Sometimes real life doesn't make finding or waiting for the next save point possible. Basically, they're inconvenient and just a throwback to the old school in my opinion.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

I love it. The rate of the random encounters makes it completely enjoyable, since its not every 2 seconds. Yeah I agree that the save points are too few and far between.

But hard? Maybe the first 2 bosses, but since then, its been quite easy for me. I am only halfway thru disc 3 though...

Kirrimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kirrimir
yeah im glad theres not to many random encounters but it can be anoyin if you want to train
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheCrazed420

yeah im glad theres not to many random encounters but it can be anoyin if you want to trainKirrimir

Yeah, agreed. I guess the game does discourage grinding, but it does make for a lot of pacing back and forth to get all my characters to learn all the skills , heh.

Kirrimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kirrimir

[QUOTE="Kirrimir"]yeah im glad theres not to many random encounters but it can be anoyin if you want to trainTheCrazed420

Yeah, agreed. I guess the game does discourage grinding, but it does make for a lot of pacing back and forth to get all my characters to learn all the skills , heh.

hehe it takes a while and anyone, whats you fav characters mines cooke and jansen they are kool and any1 besides me think mack looks like a girl!
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

*Possible spoilers*

Just giving a heads up. You'll be able to save before you head into the final dungeon. Save before you go in. And then when you beat the final boss and go through the ending cutscenes, it will ask for you to save again. DONT SAVE! If you dont want to lose all your gold, linked skills, and unfinished dungeons and sidequests, basically you'll lose everything. Then dont save it on the same block. Save it on another block if you can. I dont remember it that well but I'm sure you can save it on another block. That way you can experience the final dungeon, final boss and ending without having to start all over again. Now you're wondering, what happens when you save it to a different save block and start the game over? Well, you start as lvl 50 Kaim. And all other immortals will be level 50 too once you meet up and join parties. My story was that I saved it on the same block and I had to start over. I loss all me gold, ultimate weapons, and all my linked skills up the wazooh. I skill linked a ton. Even got the skill linking achievement, and I assembled more rings than you can count. I nearly had all of them on the list. My character was level 66 and I did all the sidequest dungeons and bosses. I was missing some ultimate weapons, like for Kaim. Just a fair warning, I dont want you guys going through the same crap. It will ruin your gameplay the second time through, especially the skill linking part. It takes a lot of work.

lt_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lt_04
Member since 2004 • 210 Posts

right now my characters are lvl 49 and I am fighting the hidden bosses on disc 4! imo its a great game. the random battles and the save points are on point. overall great game

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
level 32 or so on the third disc
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts

level 32 or so on the third discfenwickhotmail

Same. I just began the third disc yesterday

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Its a hard game to say the leastDilan120

Its challenging, but not too hard, and yes I like it alot, just finished disc 3, starting disc 4.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheCrazed420
[QUOTE="TheCrazed420"]

[QUOTE="Kirrimir"]yeah im glad theres not to many random encounters but it can be anoyin if you want to trainKirrimir

hehe it takes a while and anyone, whats you fav characters mines cooke and jansen they are kool and any1 besides me think mack looks like a girl!

Kaim and Jansen are my favorite characters. I like the whole cast, but they stand out to me more.

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts

[QUOTE="fenwickhotmail"]level 32 or so on the third discbulletsword

Same. I just began the third disc yesterday

Yep me too.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

i just started at disc 2, 15 hours into the game and i've just left the boat you steal :)

i'm lvl 20/21 i think it was, and my favorit character seems to be all of them lol d: although i feel like mack and cooke is just some sort of support characters, with mack being a jack of all trades .. d:

amozarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#21 amozarte
Member since 2008 • 1536 Posts

I'm loving the game so far, but my only complaint is the pacing. What I mean is that I almost always have to go back and grind/train for a while after arriving at the next big boss fight. That issue is exacerbated by the random encounters and their relative infrequency.

I would actually love the fact that the encounters are less frequent for the purposes of getting from point A to point B, but grinding and training becomes really tedious work when I just want to move on with the story.

Still, excellent game and I'm not putting it down any time soon.