Looking for other competitive FPS games...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

I think this a problem that many players are starting to experience. I've gotten to the point where I have played all the big ticket games, including all the current CoD games, Bad Company 2, Crysis 2, Halo: Reach, Gears of War 3 (not an FPS, but still a big competitive community) and of course avoiding TF2 on consoles because it's only good on PC. But what else is there really? The other console has MAG, but what else is out there for 360? I'm asking because while I thoroughly enjoy Halo, I am lacking a game like CoD or BC2, and I want something new in my collection.

I know that BF3 and MW3 are coming out soon, but sadly I don't have 60 bucks to drop on them, as the only money I have left is going towards Skyrim, so I need to find budget price games. Any suggestions?

hansmacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hansmacher
Member since 2003 • 900 Posts
sell some games on ebay so you have the 60 dollars
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Essian
sell some games on ebay so you have the 60 dollarshansmacher
not quite what I was looking for... if I wanted to sell any of my games, don't you think I would have?
Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts
Honestly, why not try something other than an FPS? I'm sure you have other games in your collection, and based on your original post you aren't going to find anything that blows your mind. Also sometimes its nice to stop playing online and just play an awesome single player game. If you need any recommendations in that regard let me know.
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Quake Live, pretty much any pc can run it.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#6 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
Rainbow Six Vegas1-2 games although I don't know if there are still players in those games
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#7 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Check out Rainbow Six, those are pretty fun and have pretty good online communities. Far Cry games are ok online and they have a cool map maker, but don't play the story mode because they suck, but the onine seems to be somewhat busy. At least on PSN, I'm not sure about Live but I'm sure it's the same.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Essian
so basically what I'm gathering is that there really isn't anything left? Well alrighty then... was waiting to see if anyone recommended MoH, but I guess it's not that popular
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Give Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine a shot- I hear the MP is fun, and there are many options to customize you character. Be advised, it isn't a straight shooter, it's a 3rd person melee/shooter with TDM and capture point modes. If nothing else, it's got an exciting campaign and it's a nice change of pace from your average shooter.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#10 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

so basically what I'm gathering is that there really isn't anything left? Well alrighty then... was waiting to see if anyone recommended MoH, but I guess it's not that popularEssian

MoH isn't popular for a reason.

A game that I thought was great for MP was Condemned 2. Melee based multiplayer is pretty fun, but I don't know anything about whether there is still an active community; I would have to guess no.

IaintPlayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IaintPlayin
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Yo, try out Splinter Cell: Conviction. This is one of the sickest games I've played in a long time. UFC: Undisputed is good for competitive play. Then also you can check out other Tom Clancy games like the Ghost Recon series (the old one for the pc is nice, but it's tough to find matches), Advanced Warfighter for the xbox. Another one for xbox 360 is Dark Sector. P.S. - if you're looking for PC games too, I can give you LOADS.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Left 4 Dead 2.

awesome game.