List of RPG/Adventure games that U need to play the 1st in order to play the 2nd

This topic is locked from further discussion.

merv_wasted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 merv_wasted
Member since 2010 • 290 Posts

Can u guys list the games which has a story line up to understand from the first part in order to play the 2nd or 3rd ??

well i'm new to console gaming ,that is why I need a list so I can get the first part and then go for the 2nd ..

thanks in advance.

Avatar image for dragonslayerssj
dragonslayerssj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dragonslayerssj
Member since 2003 • 1974 Posts
Only one i can think of right now in that genre is Mass Effect...
BK-Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 BK-Sleeper
Member since 2006 • 2686 Posts
Only one i can think of right now in that genre is Mass Effect... dragonslayerssj
I was thinking the same thing. The power behind Mass Effect 2's story isn't as strong unless you've played and beaten the first.
Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#4 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts

Mass Effect...

merv_wasted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 merv_wasted
Member since 2010 • 290 Posts

So no need to get bioshock 1 and I can directly play bioshock 2 ?

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
Bioshock 1 has a great story and the plot twist which would be spoiled by playing B2 first. It's worth it to play B1 first.
daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 daviwinn
Member since 2004 • 4827 Posts
Assassin's Creed would fall into this category. The 2nd game gives you a synopsis of the 1st, but you'll really miss quite a bit if you don't play the first.
Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

Assassin's Creed would fall into this category. The 2nd game gives you a synopsis of the 1st, but you'll really miss quite a bit if you don't play the first. daviwinn

This guy is right. I went back to play AC1 when I finished the second. I just wish the second game was more engrossing.

jembles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jembles
Member since 2010 • 114 Posts
i agree mass effect theres another game for the original xbox and its compatible with the 360 and that is star wars knights of the old republic assassins creed is another one gears of war (thats a shooter) bioshock halo (its a shooter) (not halo wars) (need to play halo 2 for odst backstory)
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

When it comes out, the witcher 2, its supposed to be coming to consoles apparently. The first was very good, story and combat wise.

Avatar image for cyanidebakesale
cyanidebakesale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cyanidebakesale
Member since 2010 • 387 Posts

neither assasin's creed/bioshock's story would be confusing if you haven't played the first, they do a pretty good job of explaining the basics

that being said assasin's creed1/bioshock2 are pretty crappy games while ac2/bioshock1 are vastly superior

ac1 is pretty unplayable, tedious and repetative objects make the whole game, and while bioshock2 had no serious design flaws it had no improvements

bioshock's story is one of the best I have ever seen in a video game with plenty of exciting twists while bioshock 2 had a story so one dimensional it made the game tediously boring, the shock ending is obvious to anyone who has played 5 minutes of the original. The characters have no real back story or purpose and once you pass them they aren't even mentioned in any significant way. The game lacks the depth that made the original so enticing. I just can't stress how much of a dissapointment that game is.

jembles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jembles
Member since 2010 • 114 Posts
yes you need to play assassins creed 1 to understand the story to #2 or else its just a bunch of idiots who like a shiny gold thing(i called it a shiny gold thing to avoid spoilers) and annother thing why does everyone say ac 1 sucked? i hear its because you cant swim-thats to add to the challenge in certain parts of the game can't manually upgrade items-thats so you can not need to worry about "oh gee do i need to upgrade my stuff now or later or is it even worth it?" repetitive-well you go to a castle area and two sandy areas and do the same thing witch is do 3 favors to go kill the person but they can be whatever you want. the old guy talking-so you can get annoyed you need to wait for an old man to throw a pidgeon out a window
IzzieWaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 IzzieWaru
Member since 2010 • 905 Posts

yes you need to play assassins creed 1 to understand the story to #2 or else its just a bunch of idiots who like a shiny gold thing(i called it a shiny gold thing to avoid spoilers) and annother thing why does everyone say ac 1 sucked? i hear its because you cant swim-thats to add to the challenge in certain parts of the game can't manually upgrade items-thats so you can not need to worry about "oh gee do i need to upgrade my stuff now or later or is it even worth it?" repetitive-well you go to a castle area and two sandy areas and do the same thing witch is do 3 favors to go kill the person but they can be whatever you want. the old guy talking-so you can get annoyed you need to wait for an old man to throw a pidgeon out a windowjembles

It sucked because the entire game was literally the same 3 or 4 missions with just different architecture. The story didn't even really develop until the last boss fight. If you really wanted to, you could just read a plot synopsis or watch a youtube video of the ending to catch up to AC2. I can't really comment on anything you said after you asked that question because it's so incoherent.

darkpiggy17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 darkpiggy17
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts

neither assasin's creed/bioshock's story would be confusing if you haven't played the first, they do a pretty good job of explaining the basics

that being said assasin's creed1/bioshock2 are pretty crappy games while ac2/bioshock1 are vastly superior

ac1 is pretty unplayable, tedious and repetative objects make the whole game, and while bioshock2 had no serious design flaws it had no improvements

bioshock's story is one of the best I have ever seen in a video game with plenty of exciting twists while bioshock 2 had a story so one dimensional it made the game tediously boring, the shock ending is obvious to anyone who has played 5 minutes of the original. The characters have no real back story or purpose and once you pass them they aren't even mentioned in any significant way. The game lacks the depth that made the original so enticing. I just can't stress how much of a dissapointment that game is.

cyanidebakesale

Finally someone who gets it. BioShock is my favorite game of all time. I've played it through probably 5 times and i'm still never bored with it. You discover something new every time you play it. Bioshock 2 was dreadful. Not a terrible game in its own right, but compared to the first, it felt like 2k Marin slapped me in the face and took $60 from me.

DesiGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DesiGhost
Member since 2010 • 371 Posts

Gears Of War and Bioshock.

DesiGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DesiGhost
Member since 2010 • 371 Posts

DesiGhost

Oh and Halo. (Reach, One, Two, Three, ODST in that order)

Avatar image for dragonslayerssj
dragonslayerssj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dragonslayerssj
Member since 2003 • 1974 Posts
[QUOTE="DesiGhost"]

[QUOTE="DesiGhost"]

Oh and Halo. (Reach, One, Two, Three, ODST in that order)

Didnt ODST take place during Halo 2 while the chief was away... I dont know exactly but im pretty sure ODST was not the "final" halo. Im sure someone can explain that better lol.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Please use the stickied Xbox 360 game recommendations thread at the top of the page for advice on what game(s) to get.

Thanks!