Let us blame videogames once more!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

x6sh0tOcelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 x6sh0tOcelot
Member since 2007 • 1307 Posts

Alright, I woke up this morning to get ready for class, and I saw on the news that a girl had run away from home to meet a guy that she met over X-Box Live. I didn't really get to hear much of it, but I did hear the mother explaining how XBL works. At the bottom of the screen, it reads "Is X-Box to Blame?".............

Seriously!? I mean, come on, are they really that desperate that they have to blame it on the X-Box? That girl could have EASILY met that guy on her computer or any other way, but, would we see "Are computers to blame?" Or "Is the Internet to blame?"....No, we probably wouldn't. So, once again, videogames being blamed for something that is obviously the girls fault. She talked to the guy, she chose to run away from home to meet him. Her stupid choice.

karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
You're right! Video games and media never influence anyone, and it's always clearly everyone else's fault. Anyone who says that games make people sociopathic and violent should come to my parent's basement so I can kick them in the nuts.
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

ugh thats societys scapegoat

no its not recognized as an art form but its alays the blame of crimes

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Parents need to monitor what their kids are doing

If your kid is under the age of 18 you have to watch it all the time because those things can get into anything

If the child doesn't like it too bad, children don't know any better

I love these parents that are like "Oh my child is blah blah blah and that's why I don't need to watch it"

No, you found one inkling that your child may not be a complete mess on it's own and you decided to forgo all parental responsibilities because you refuse to hack it.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
who noes mayb the girl did meet the guy on xbl n wants to meet him lol, there is that possibility, did u hear how young the girl was?
GamerTron0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 GamerTron0
Member since 2008 • 561 Posts
I hate it when stuff lie this happens. And when someone is killed by a crazy guy , video games are blames first and people try to ban them or cancel some future title.
gaaraofsandalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gaaraofsandalt
Member since 2005 • 384 Posts
the idea of blaming the game industry is complete garbage, since it was the communication aspect that brought them together. Who's to say they couldn't have met by some other means over the internet?
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

No wonder, just read today that "experts" are now warning parents that pedophiles can use xbox live to build up "friendships" with kids. Because those cases certainly DON'T happen in the chatroom!:roll:

MartinCaillou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MartinCaillou
Member since 2009 • 84 Posts

Nobody in his right mind belives in the news anymore, so they make titles for people with very low IQs, who digs garbage like this.

It´s as simple as that, they need to sell, so they make the notice interesting for monkeys.

The parents should do their work, the games should keep us entertained, and people should stop consuming garbage news.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
I hate reading about stuff like this. It's so easy to blame the gaming industry instead of blaming say, the internet, or the girl in this incident. She should of known you shouldn't meet people off XBL or off the internet in general.
BadBoy_Lo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BadBoy_Lo
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts

meh, i laugh and/or shrugg off trash like that. IMO it is no different that my know-it-all buddy making a similar unsubstantiated claim..like "...drank bud light last night instead of coors and now my gf is pregnant. wtf?" makes no sense, but he'll quote every "source" in the world to back up his retarded claim. if there is one thing you need to always remember is this: just bc is on tv doesn't make it true.

then again, just bc it's a theme song don't make it not true, either.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i dislike how they do that. most of the time it is a kid that is under the age of 16 who has the problems. i couldn't afford a video game system when i was under 16. guess who gets the games for the kids. their parents... i have to say they must have meeting on a chat room, i barely meet anyone on xbox live.
DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
Ah the blame game. Classic. I blame hormones, without them she might have not been easily seduced by xXPrOxSNipAXx666.
impl0sion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 impl0sion
Member since 2006 • 851 Posts
Ah the blame game. Classic. I blame hormones, without them she might have not been easily seduced by xXPrOxSNipAXx666.DPhunkT
^Lol I have to be a nerd and say without hormones you would die in a short amount of time...
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
the only thing to blamed here is the girls parents, I personally would be ashamed if I ever let a child meet someone online and run away there are heavily advertised safeguards parents can use to prevent such things, such as common sense plus the 360's own saftey features
fryshakewad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fryshakewad
Member since 2007 • 1178 Posts
Who even said it was a bad thing for the girl to runaway w/ this guy?? What if her parents were abusive and the girls only means of escape was XboX, she meets a caring nice guy on the 360 (like me) who can provide and care for her. they live happily ever after, the end. It would be a bit different if the guy was 35 and she was 16 but i don't think thats the case.
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

You're right! Video games and media never influence anyone, and it's always clearly everyone else's fault. Anyone who says that games make people sociopathic and violent should come to my parent's basement so I can kick them in the nuts.karriston

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not (this is the Internet) but in case, you're not, then you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Like the OP said, if she met the guy on the Internet, you wouldn't see any headline suggesting blames on the Internet, but you do see things like that for video games, because once again, there are stereotypes from arrogant people that have no clue about what they are talking about and just "going with the flow" in other words. I am not sure when these people are going to grow up and get with the reality that video games are a part of peoples' lives now and will also be in the near future.

PS: Didn't Jack Thompson learn that the hard way? That is something to think about.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ISuperGamerI

Who even said it was a bad thing for the girl to runaway w/ this guy?? What if her parents were abusive and the girls only means of escape was XboX, she meets a caring nice guy on the 360 (like me) who can provide and care for her. they live happily ever after, the end. It would be a bit different if the guy was 35 and she was 16 but i don't think thats the case.fryshakewad

OR, she meets what seems like a "caring nice guy who can provide and care for her" but in reality, it's some messed up pedophile looking at nothing but abusing her and everything in between the lines. And how would you know that is not the case? I also lol'd at you comparing yourself to the above description, lol.

fryshakewad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fryshakewad
Member since 2007 • 1178 Posts
I think you misread me, IM ASSUMING the guy id a total Dbag (like many 360 users) just pointing out he could be a nice guy, that part never even seems to get considered. Just saying. I blame China.
FadeToBlack90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FadeToBlack90
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

I blame China. fryshakewad

Agreed

San-Frodenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#21 San-Frodenzo
Member since 2008 • 14337 Posts

I say we must burn the interwebz in a holy fire to cast the devil away!!! /sarcasm

but seriously... you gotta love how the media handles every game/internet/tech related news... because it's more than obvious the reporter and the anchorman/woman have ABSOLUTELY no idea of what are they talking about...

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ISuperGamerI

I say we must burn the interwebz in a holy fire to cast the devil away!!! /sarcasm

but seriously... you gotta love how the media handles every game/internet/tech related news... because it's more than obvious the reporter and the anchorman/woman have ABSOLUTELY no idea of what are they talking about...

San-Frodenzo

They think they are professional and call themselves "Experts" lol.

TheDanwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23 TheDanwich
Member since 2006 • 471 Posts

I blame video games for all my problems.... so far it's working

Punched someone in face = Video games made me do it

Kicked homeless person = Video games made me do it

Ate too many skittles = Video games made me do it

Avatar image for jensen_slipknot
jensen_slipknot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 jensen_slipknot
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Was this on FOX? If so, ignore it.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#25 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
lol. like really the parents should know the danger of internet so they should tell them whats what and some info befor allowing any kid online. i dont care if my kid play video games when i get older but the kid is going to know real vs fanasty world before even playing a video game (well violent ones) and when they at that age where they reacting everything they wont be playing nothing but some games, and they know about stupid ppl to
_Kikode_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 _Kikode_
Member since 2008 • 434 Posts
I think we should blame the womens movement because If she wasn't allowed to talk this never would have happened :(
Gsmith92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#27 Gsmith92
Member since 2008 • 275 Posts

I blame video games for all my problems.... so far it's working

Punched someone in face = Video games made me do it

Kicked homeless person = Video games made me do it

Ate too many skittles = Video games made me do it

TheDanwich

Lol, but seriously were growing up in an age where the internet and other technologies are normal, many kids these days know more about computers than adults. People just don't understand videogames, if tv was new, it's possible they would do the same thing, videogames are just as legitimate a source of entertainment as tv, movies and internet. And i doubt any of these experts spend any time actually playing videogames for fun. I'm not saying that videogames are good for anything other than entertainment, they are part of the reason kids are getting fatter and less healthy, but tv, movies and internet do the samething.

LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LostSoul781
Member since 2003 • 1630 Posts
I dont see how people can blame video games, I don't think people realize that it is the kids that take the ideas of fiction and apply them to real life are the ones to blame
Hatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hatefish2
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts
I blame human idiocy, because regardless of the circumstances.. it is always the cause.
rexxpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rexxpro
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

For sure it is the video games fault, no question at all.

I remember after playing halo series of games, how I went out and single handedly killed off a massive alien invasion. Then after playing the war games (COD, RV6 etc) I won the war in iraq, afganistan)

That was all before lunch. then I won the moto gp, beat tiger woods etc before dinner.

It is a joke to blame a video game. Sure it may help to facilitate something happening. but there needs to be a trigger event

manhunter92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#31 manhunter92
Member since 2008 • 259 Posts

Alright, I woke up this morning to get ready for class, and I saw on the news that a girl had run away from home to meet a guy that she met over X-Box Live. I didn't really get to hear much of it, but I did hear the mother explaining how XBL works. At the bottom of the screen, it reads "Is X-Box to Blame?".............

Seriously!? I mean, come on, are they really that desperate that they have to blame it on the X-Box? That girl could have EASILY met that guy on her computer or any other way, but, would we see "Are computers to blame?" Or "Is the Internet to blame?"....No, we probably wouldn't. So, once again, videogames being blamed for something that is obviously the girls fault. She talked to the guy, she chose to run away from home to meet him. Her stupid choice.

x6sh0tOcelot

Yeah, of courseee videogames. cell phones and of course the internet alwayssss get blamed, for her own stupidity.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
stupid girl
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ISuperGamerI
This topic is full of jokes, lol.
San-Frodenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#34 San-Frodenzo
Member since 2008 • 14337 Posts
burn teh bad internets I tell you!!! burn them!!!
Bridgelayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bridgelayer
Member since 2008 • 236 Posts
It's always the fault of an outside source not the fault of the individual. They'll blame the games, movies or whatever because that's the easiest solution. No one wants to admit that their kid is a moron and at fault here or maybe its the parents fault for not paying closer attention to what their children are doing.
maldoror19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 478

#36 maldoror19
Member since 2008 • 360 Posts
I blame it on everything! (except video games)
allan3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 allan3456
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts

I blame human idiocy, because regardless of the circumstances.. it is always the cause.Hatefish2

This is so true, and would make an epic sig.

bamir0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bamir0
Member since 2004 • 241 Posts

As ever I blame it on the boogie.

It's always the boogie.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts