Just played the Dirt Demo.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
I just played the Dirt demo on market place and OH MY GOD :shock: This game looks absolutely stunning. It looks as good (if not better) than Motorstorm and PGR. If you havent played the Demo, go downlaod it now and youll see what I mean. Im definetly pre-ordering this game.
abusedbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 abusedbunny
Member since 2007 • 1196 Posts
yea im gettin it
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
yea i really loved it :oops: but sometimes the races felt a little empty and got kinda boring... hopefully thats not a problem in the full game
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts
yea im gettin itabusedbunny
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

I just played the Dirt demo on market place and OH MY GOD :shock: This game looks absolutely stunning. It looks as good (if not better) than Motorstorm and PGR. If you havent played the Demo, go downlaod it now and youll see what I mean. Im definetly pre-ordering this game.
black_awpN1

PGR3 doesn't look good (on a big screen)

AL13NK1LL3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 AL13NK1LL3R
Member since 2005 • 1394 Posts
really!! wow the demo is already out sweet i guess i'll try it out some time
EXTREMEGNASHER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EXTREMEGNASHER
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

DIRT is one of my must have games this year. The others are Forza and Army of Two. Just can't wait for the new line up to hit the shelves. The DIRT demo is real good... 

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
I wouldnt say that it looks better than motorstorm. I liked the demo and thought that the graphics were great, but what I liked about motorstorm was the look of the background mountains and the slow-mo crashes. When I was playing the Dirt demo, I kind of wished that the cars would crash and come apart instead of just disappear and reapper on the track. The gameplay is a lot of fun though.
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
yeah i was suprised at how good the game looked, what was even more suprising is that it was actually a fun game and i liked it. the turning wasnt as realistic as forza and pgr which i loved..the turning was actually perfect. my favorite camera view in the game is right in the front seat where you can see your driver switching gears its really cool.
BustaSag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BustaSag
Member since 2005 • 124 Posts
Yea, I also just finished playing the demo. I like it but I think that new Burnout will be better. But that's just my opinion.
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts

Yea, I also just finished playing the demo. I like it but I think that new Burnout will be better. But that's just my opinion.BustaSag

well they are pretty differen games 

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
I had high expectations for it and they were fulfilled. I can't wait for it to come out.
Plo_Koon_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Plo_Koon_basic
Member since 2003 • 801 Posts

I wouldnt say that it looks better than motorstorm. I liked the demo and thought that the graphics were great, but what I liked about motorstorm was the look of the background mountains and the slow-mo crashes. When I was playing the Dirt demo, I kind of wished that the cars would crash and come apart instead of just disappear and reapper on the track. The gameplay is a lot of fun though.a55a55inx

This game, Dirt dose look a lot better then Motorstorm. The crashs in motorstorm were really dissapointing to me, these ones in dirt are sick, and the only way u will completely distroy your car is, crashing way to much or smashing the front end in at high speeds. oh! and in motorstorm if ya crashed off the cliff you would re-apper just like this game. but dirt is going to be way better. I'm getting it for sure.

burning_ice11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 burning_ice11
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts
luv the dirt demo its like the best car racing game eva !! :D
amorphis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 amorphis
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts
The demo was so impressive that it convinced me to add the game to my to-buy list.
Kinky_Kost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kinky_Kost
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts
This game is a lot of fun, basically since PS3 got Motorstorm we got DiRT. I downloaded the demo and the visuals were stunning, though the first and second race where fun, it was sort of boring since in the first race it's just me and another person racing. And in the second race it's just me on a canyon trail. It's fun how you can jump out and hit stuff but I wish I can be able to see it instead of it dissapearing and appearing on the track again. The alst race is really fun with the Dune Buggies, man I have a blast playing that race, when I hit those rocks or jump those mounds my Dune Buggy starts to flip and crash, very fun game.
ziggy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ziggy87
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts

This game is a lot of fun, basically since PS3 got Motorstorm we got DiRT. I downloaded the demo and the visuals were stunning, though the first and second race where fun, it was sort of boring since in the first race it's just me and another person racing. And in the second race it's just me on a canyon trail. It's fun how you can jump out and hit stuff but I wish I can be able to see it instead of it dissapearing and appearing on the track again. The alst race is really fun with the Dune Buggies, man I have a blast playing that race, when I hit those rocks or jump those mounds my Dune Buggy starts to flip and crash, very fun game.Kinky_Kost

DiRT is for the ps3 aswell 

Avatar image for marshallgarrett
marshallgarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 marshallgarrett
Member since 2003 • 199 Posts
I also just played the Dirt Demo last night.  I thought that the dune buggy race was allot of fun but I was kinda disappointed by the look of all the other racers.  They all looked like they had the exact same dune buggy as mine.  It would be cool if there were small differences in between all the buggies so that you feel as if there is some individuality amongst racers.  I was also extremely impressed by the way in which the menu is presented to you.  Reminded me of the movie Total Recall (i think)...  Because of the realisiticness of the physics of the dune buggies and the small size of the track I was unable to really get a good since of speed.  I bet the actual game will resolve this issue.  Also, before you play the demo game there is a demo video and it looked even cooler!  There was mud and different environments being raced in that were unplayable in the demo.  About the rally car racing, i thought that it was kinda hard to keep the car on the track but I am sure it's because I just sucked.  The rally racing was kind of repetitive.  It would of been nice if the co-driver gave hints once in a while, like "slow the heck down before you kill us on this next hairpin!"... It was cool that when you drive off the road you get a chance to recover before the game resets you back.  I did notice that it is just quicker if you get off of the road in most cases to just continue away from the track and let it reset.  The game demo was very nice looking with fantastic physics but still seemed kinda bland...
III-Rob-III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 III-Rob-III
Member since 2007 • 827 Posts

It took me 8 hours to download, no idea why, haha, reseted my modem, you know, the usual still didnt work, yeah anyway..

I love it, ecspecially the graphics, and the crossover stage, its fast paced, the accidents are immense when they occour, im definatly picking it up :D

incendiumx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 incendiumx
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts
Just a note... in most rally races you ARE the only one on the track (for some distance anyway) Racers go one at a time...
russruss1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 russruss1234
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts
Yea, I will probably dl it pretty soon.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

[QUOTE="a55a55inx"]I wouldnt say that it looks better than motorstorm. I liked the demo and thought that the graphics were great, but what I liked about motorstorm was the look of the background mountains and the slow-mo crashes. When I was playing the Dirt demo, I kind of wished that the cars would crash and come apart instead of just disappear and reapper on the track. The gameplay is a lot of fun though.Plo_Koon_basic

This game, Dirt dose look a lot better then Motorstorm. The crashs in motorstorm were really dissapointing to me, these ones in dirt are sick, and the only way u will completely distroy your car is, crashing way to much or smashing the front end in at high speeds. oh! and in motorstorm if ya crashed off the cliff you would re-apper just like this game. but dirt is going to be way better. I'm getting it for sure.

Let's not be biased here. I don't have a PS3, but I did enjoy playing that game. You can't say that the crashes aren't as good as Dirt, because that isn't true. The entire car in motorstorm crashes into hundreds of tiny pieces, its just much more fullfilling than falling off of a cliff and disappearing.  

MaTt345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 MaTt345
Member since 2006 • 235 Posts

I loved the demo, can't wait till the full game comes out.

Gona be awsome!:)

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#24 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

[QUOTE="Kinky_Kost"]This game is a lot of fun, basically since PS3 got Motorstorm we got DiRT. I downloaded the demo and the visuals were stunning, though the first and second race where fun, it was sort of boring since in the first race it's just me and another person racing. And in the second race it's just me on a canyon trail. It's fun how you can jump out and hit stuff but I wish I can be able to see it instead of it dissapearing and appearing on the track again. The alst race is really fun with the Dune Buggies, man I have a blast playing that race, when I hit those rocks or jump those mounds my Dune Buggy starts to flip and crash, very fun game.ziggy87

DiRT is for the ps3 aswell

It does come out three months later though. So 360 owners could rub that in PS3 onwers' faces if they want to at least for a bit.Â