This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vance_009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Vance_009
Member since 2004 • 2005 Posts

Wow talk about having no luck today. I took the day off to play some gta, and that's when it happens again. The red ring of death has struck again on my dam Xbox. The bad thing is I quit my job last weak and the wantery for the Xbox has run out. So it looks like I'm out for some time until I get a new job and fix this or buy a new one. With that I have a question the Xbox is a late 2006 model, so should I try to get it fixed or just save some cash and buy an elite?

Spartan-4295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Spartan-4295
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
That really sucks man. I would just buy a new one. Seems like the ring of death always comes at the worst time
nitroracer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nitroracer82
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts
You can apply what you learned in previous GTA's and go beat up and rob some old ladies until you have enough cash to buy a new 360. Just a thought.
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

Wow talk about having no luck today. I took the day off to play some gta, and that's when it happens again. The red ring of death has struck again on my dam Xbox. The bad thing is I quit my job last weak and the wantery for the Xbox has run out. So it looks like I'm out for some time until I get a new job and fix this or buy a new one. With that I have a question the Xbox is a late 2006 model, so should I try to get it fixed or just save some cash and buy an elite?

Vance_009

The warranty HAS NOT run out?!?! What are you talking about. There is not an Xbox 360 in existence that doesn't have a warranty for the RROD problem. You have 3 years from the date of purchase and since the 360 hasn't been out for 3 years yet - they are all covered.

So just call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and get your replacement. :)

Vance_009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vance_009
I check the website to get a box for it and I got that it's not watery for some odd reason.
nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts

There's no way your warranty has run out. RROD is a 3 year warranty and the 360 hasn't even been out for 3 years. Even if you have a launch console you are still covered.

I check the website to get a box for it and I got that it's not watery for some odd reason.Vance_009

Don't think you'd want to put your electronics in a watery box anyway. Ask them to send you a dry one. Or don't mod your Xbox. If it's modded in any way, you ruined it for yourself.

KittenNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KittenNipples
Member since 2007 • 3013 Posts
Your warranty can't be out. The 360 hasn't even been out for 3 years...
Avatar image for YesIKnowMyEnemy
YesIKnowMyEnemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 YesIKnowMyEnemy
Member since 2008 • 181 Posts

I'm sure when it says that your warranty is out that it means your 1 year limited warranty. They are not going to advertise a RROD warranty.

How would it be possible for your warranty to be out when the 360 hasn't been out for 3 years?

Unless you went to the future...

Vance_009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vance_009
Well it does not hurt to give the number a shot.
TheDmndKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheDmndKing
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
So, every Xbox 360 out there has a 3 year warranty on it for the RRoD, and even if my 1-year warranty has run out I should still be able to send my 360 back to Microsoft and get this problem fixed?
uwiwami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uwiwami
Member since 2008 • 334 Posts

You can apply what you learned in previous GTA's and go beat up and rob some old ladies until you have enough cash to buy a new 360. Just a thought.nitroracer82

Wow, that quote can really relate to your picture.

Anyway, yeah, all 360's have a 3 yr warrenty