Just got an HDTV and...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LilNuffSaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LilNuffSaid
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts

I have a 360 but i have no hd cables just the regular cables anyone know how much are they and the place to get the best prices from (Canada) stores. Thanks.

Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts
An HDMI cable from Future Shop (4 feet long) will cost you about $50... I only know because I got them to throw one in with my laptop. Always try to scam something free with purchases over $1000... you'll feel less guilty! lol
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
I bought a 6 foot HDMI cable at walmart for my PS3 for $35. if you have a 360 without HDMI though and just need the regular HD cables, they're like $20 or maybe $30 i think.
RELL1K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 RELL1K
Member since 2006 • 415 Posts
Did you buy the Arcade or the Pro that comes with the Hardrive. If you bought the one with the HDD the component cables give you an HD picture without having to spend money on an HDMI cable.
LilNuffSaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LilNuffSaid
so hdmi will be useless for my 360?
LilNuffSaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LilNuffSaid
so hdmi will be useless for my 360?
LilNuffSaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LilNuffSaid
i bought the core long time ago and bought the hardrive seperately ended up costing more then the prem
LilNuffSaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LilNuffSaid
i bought the core long time ago and bought the hardrive seperately ended up costing more then the prem
LilNuffSaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LilNuffSaid
Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hawkeye747

I bought a 6 foot HDMI cable at walmart for my PS3 for $35. if you have a 360 without HDMI though and just need the regular HD cables, they're like $20 or maybe $30 i think.bazanger

True... there are definately different qualities for cables. Mine are Rocketfish... supposed to be good. To be honest though, I cant notice much difference from the HDMI cables on 80% of the games but there are a couple games that I notice are a lot clearer and crisp.

LilNuffSaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LilNuffSaid
Sorry for the triple and double posts lol.
Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hawkeye747

so hdmi will be useless for my 360?LilNuffSaid

Just look for an HDMI slot on the back of your 360 but if it is an older one, then yeah, it probably doesn't have one.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
have you got a hdmi port on ur xbox? coz u may not have. if you havent then you need the hd tv av cable. does the cable you use now just have a yellow, red and white cable at the end if so then u need one that looks the same, except it has extra 3 cables to go with the 3 you already got. one is red, green and blue this av cable has a switch near where u connect it to the xbox. one way for normal tv, the other for hd tv. if you dont have a hdmi port then this is the cable you need. its not very expensive and other companies apart from microsoft sell cheaper versions too, or you can use the vga cable also on your hdtv.  the port on the bottom is a hdmi port. if u have none dont worry most older xboxes dont have them you can still get hd tv now depending which way u want to go u need one of these cables  VGA CABLE (WILL WORK WITH MOST HD-TVS ALL U NEED IS A VGA PORT)  THIS IS THE HDTV AV CABLE (THIS COMES WITH PREMIUM AS STANDARD BUT NOT THE CORE)  THIS IS A HDMI LEAD
LilNuffSaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LilNuffSaid
Thanks i have the old one so should i use the hdtv cable and also my cable is soo ugly and blurry on my 52 inch is it because I'm using a regular cable if i get a hdmi cable and a hd cable box it would look good right?
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
Thanks i have the old one so should i use the hdtv cable and also my cable is soo ugly and blurry on my 52 inch is it because I'm using a regular cable if i get a hdmi cable and a hd cable box it would look good right?LilNuffSaid
Does your HDTV not have the component inputs? If it has HDMI, I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't have component.  Just use the component cables with your older model 360 as a previous poster mentioned.
LilNuffSaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LilNuffSaid

It has everything but I mean the cable television not the 360 it's soo blurry and bad quality but im using a regular cable do i need a cable box and hdmi?

msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
No, plug your 360 straight into your TV. You don't need to pass it through your cable box.
gonzales1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gonzales1
Member since 2003 • 2591 Posts
If you guys have spent more than $20 on a HDMI cable, then you have been ripped off. If you look at monoprice then you can find good deals on HDMI cables.
LilNuffSaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LilNuffSaid
Im not talking about 360 now lol im talking about my cable