just bought skyrim

This topic is locked from further discussion.

geojs195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 geojs195
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

my wife bought me a xbox slim 4g/kinect bundle for christmas last year and have been using the system just for kinect games. However today i ordered an 250gb hard drive and skyrim. i have been reading over the past months all of the problems and glitches that people have come accross in the game, so i was wondering....how well is the game running now? and is there anything i need to know or any suggestions that i should hear to avoid any glitches or problems. thoughts?

Avatar image for NoodlesHghChief
NoodlesHghChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NoodlesHghChief
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
As far as I know, there have been a few major updates to Skyrim since the game came out. When it first released it was slightly buggy, but most of the major issues have all been cleared up by this point. You may find a random small glitch here and there but nothing that is going to take away from the overall experience of the game.
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
Nothing game breaking, although if you come across something called the Thalmor Embassy, try not to slaughter everyone inside. I did and it broke my game later, word to the wise! Other than that just play it, its great. Bonus points for making up a backround for your character :p
Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

Great game! im playing it right now

Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

Great game! im playing it right now

ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ninjastar
Member since 2003 • 9589 Posts

It's an awesome game. I'm still playing it (bought it day it came out at midnight). I think most of the glitches have been fixed. Haven't ran into any new ones.

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts

Skyrim is an amazing game, I've been meaning to re-visit it one of these days.

Avatar image for 19elderscroll86
19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 19elderscroll86
Member since 2011 • 751 Posts

Skyrim ran great day one of release, it just runs better now.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Great games....runs great with latest patch recently released (2-3 weeks ago).
Green_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Green_Chaos
Member since 2008 • 366 Posts
Over 100 hours worth of game play and glitch problems with huge maps.Main glitch's are almost patched up, with the exception of killing the dragon in the game.They sometimes won't give you the dragon soul and occasional freezing...Suggestion from my gaming buddy,Victim1384.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

prepare to get sucked into the game that is Skyrim. its fvcking addicting man.:P

i think all the major gltches have been fixed.

know they fixed the theives guild problem.

andmany other problems.

game should be just fine to play, even has killcams for archery and magic:D

it is a great game, but fvckng addicting.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

The updates for Skyrim have made a substantial difference in performance. Its runs really weill.

geojs195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 geojs195
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

thank you everyone for all of your feedback. however i have one last question. should i install skyrim? or play it off the disk? any benefits of one over the other?

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 konvikt_17

i cant say one way or the other as i dont pay that close attention to it, but from what i have heard the load times are a bit faster when installed.

but really, its better to install any game you plan on playing for a while. better for the game, and is better for your console

oakengroves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 oakengroves
Member since 2012 • 50 Posts

Skyrim has become an incredibly stable game and offers one of the best RPGs of this generation.

Enjoy, you're in for a real treat!

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
It's awesome so far. Haven't run into anything game breaking.
gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

Skyrim is quite good. Easy to become addicted to all the stuff there is to do. In my experience, the game runs pretty solid on the X360. I've had a few lock-ups in the past, but those were easily softened by autosaves and constant manual saving. In my 150 hrs logged, I did'nt run into too many issues.

I keep Skyrim and most games installed solely because of the noise- so much quieter than having the drive running all the time. Loading times are a bit faster when installed, from my experience.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

my wife bought me a xbox slim 4g/kinect bundle for christmas last year and have been using the system just for kinect games. However today i ordered an 250gb hard drive and skyrim. i have been reading over the past months all of the problems and glitches that people have come accross in the game, so i was wondering....how well is the game running now? and is there anything i need to know or any suggestions that i should hear to avoid any glitches or problems. thoughts?

geojs195

So long as you download the patches you're fine, I've played the heck out of it and beat just about every guild storyline + the main story and dawnguard, haven't had any major bugs at all. Even the minor ones seem taken care of lately after the last few patches. Have fun, download dawnguard! has a better story than the main quest lol.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

geojs195
If you are going to play Skyrim then play it for 360 or PC, most games have bugs and glitches in them so I dont think its worth whining over unless it makes the game unplayable and Skyrim has no game breaking bugs that I noticed during my 300 plus hrs of playing the game.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

i like skyrim now compaired to it's release

but there are still glitches and bugs(that's something that always comes with bethesdas games like fallout and elderscrolls) but you're too late for the ohgma glitch(the book that makes you god) but other than that. the game is fun and offers alot and i found dawnguard uped my experience with the game.

but with being able to get a house get married cook and make my own armor and such, it's really a great game that will just get you sucked into for a good long while.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 konvikt_17

but there are still glitches and bugs(that's something that always comes with bethesdas games like fallout and elderscrolls) but you're too late for the ohgma glitch(the book that makes you god) but other than that. the game is fun and offers alot and i found dawnguard uped my experience with the game.

but with being able to get a house get married cook and make my own armor and such, it's really a great game that will just get you sucked into for a good long while.

almasdeathchild

you sure? ive heard that they werent going to fix the Ohgma Infinium exploit.

last i tried it, a bit before dawnguard, it still worked.

shadow_Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#22 shadow_Metroid
Member since 2005 • 1632 Posts

As far as I know, there have been a few major updates to Skyrim since the game came out. When it first released it was slightly buggy, but most of the major issues have all been cleared up by this point. You may find a random small glitch here and there but nothing that is going to take away from the overall experience of the game.NoodlesHghChief

Yeah and the new DLC's have a few major glitches. I don't think there's been an update for HeartFire yet.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

konvikt_17

you sure? ive heard that they werent going to fix the Ohgma Infinium exploit.

last i tried it, a bit before dawnguard, it still worked.

after an update you would have to find random bookshelves to do it,you couldn't do the same bookshelf for it. but i don't know what it is now. i can still duplicate it though