Just bought an Xbox

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danielchitts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 danielchitts
Member since 2014 • 49 Posts

Hi.

Me and hubby have just bought an xbox. Still trying to decide if we made the right decision over the ps4.

Anyway, we only have 2 games so far. Fifa for him and Forza Horizon 3 for me.

What do you recommend as great games that arent played in 1st person mode?

Thanks

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

What makes you think you made a mistake for purchasing an X1 over a PS4 ?

I have both, other than "exclusive" games ( and even there you might not find the gap so great when out of a bunch of exclusives you only care about a couple ) both machines perform and share the most of the same library.

As for your second question:

Rise of the Tomb Raider is an excellent game.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

If all you want is racers and shooters, good choice.

danielchitts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 danielchitts

@Random_Matt: we dont have a shooter we only have fifa & forza. Id like a good but not too hard role playing game. I would also like a fun pick up and play game.

danielchitts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 danielchitts

@raugutcon: I dont think I made a mistake I just found it a big decision when I can only afford 1 console. I really would have LOVED the sony VR Because i played on it with 2 games at a local shopping centre but at £350 it was way too expensive. Hubby made the final decision and choose the xbox. They dont do a VR though.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@danielchitts: One game that I bet you could both enjoy quite a bit would be Rocket League.

As for racers I would suggest Forza Motorsport 6 and Project Cars if you enjoy something more simulation than arcade. As far as a 3rd person game you might enjoy, maybe check out some videos of Sunset Overdrive, or even Ryse. Sunset Overdrive is a really fun and hilarious action game, while Ryse is mostly eye candy with a fairly interesting story, but repetitive gameplay. Then again, what game isn't repetitive?

There is also the added benefit of the Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Program. If you haven't already tried some of these games, check them out. I'd recommend Bully, Catherine, Red Dead Redemption, Beyond Good & Evil and South Park: The Stick of Truth. There's a ton of great games 360 games that work on the X1 tho, check out the list here... http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility I bet you can find a lot of these titles used at a local gamespot for a fairly decent price. Though be aware that many of these titles are digital only.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b63f02158cce
deactivated-5b63f02158cce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-5b63f02158cce
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts

First thing you should do is setup game sharing with each other so you both get each others games. You could also get EA access to add more games for $24 or so a year. If you don't know how to setup game sharing you each have the profiles on each console and you make your home console his and yours his home. The only downside of doing this is you will need to be online to access your own game content if that matters.
EA Access only needs to be bought once for each to use the content. I'm playing all the Mass Effect games (1-3) and a friend is the owner of EA Access. Hope this helps.

I hated my PlayStation 4 so much i should it on Ebay with the account, they say you can't i did haha

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Cool, I hope you enjoy your console. You did not make a mistake as there are strengths to both consoles.

There are several good suggestions above for games, and the backwards compatibility really gives you a lot of options.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Sea of Thieves launches in early March and I think both you and hubby would enjoy, you should check that out, looks like more fun than a barrel of monkeys. :)

MMonsterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MMonsterD
Member since 2016 • 16 Posts

Get EA access, with Mass Effect you have 3 great RPG Third Person Shooters, you have more sports games, arcade games and if you want to try FPS, Battlefield 4 and Hardline. Don't make a fool of me, but Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare is an awesome Third Person Shooter as well.

for a third person RPG consider the Witcher 3 (or 2 as that one is backwards compatible), these aren't necessarily easy, but changing difficulty to the lowest of the low should help you quite a bit.

Another Third Person RPG is Final Fantasy XV, one I personally recommend because of the awesome world, and many hunts, something the witcher 3 offers as well, but the witcher might be overwhelming.

A smaller third Person RPG who, although isn't as good as the games above by far, but still a bit fun is the Technomancer.

The 4th RPG is my favorite game of 2014, that is Shadow of Mordor

other great third person games to try are: Mad Max, Deadpool, GTA 5, Saints Row, Mafia 3, Assassin's Creed, Ryse: Son of Rome, Sun Set Overdrive, Batman, Quantum Break, Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs

a racer that's much like Forza Horizon 3 but not exactly the same is the Crew.

All the games I've mentioned here above are Games I do not regret playing.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#12 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Ori and the Blind Forest

Sunset Overdrive

Furi

Pit People

Astroneer

Full Mojo Rampage

Overcooked

Rayman Legends

Most of these are co-op, fun and cheap.

RonnieAV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RonnieAV
Member since 2016 • 100 Posts

Killer Instinct and Gears of War 4. Great graphics and fun gameplay on both of them. Plus KI has a kick-ass soundtrack.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Xbox is the best option cause it offers all the media stuff plus the gaming. For someone not wanting every last drop of gaming power, you'd be sacrificing ease of use, for features you wouldn't need with PS4. Plus if you have a PC or a tablet, Xbox has way better interfaces on both Windows 10 app and Smart Glass. Then if none of that matters, everyone knows Xbox has the better controller.

I'd get EA Access and play some Garden Warfare 2 with each other. It is super cheaper to get at $30 for a year, or just do the $5 a month, and you get access to so many games, including demos of brand new games. Then if you're Star Wars fans you can play Battlefront, and then there is also sports games.

If looking for games at Gamestop, I'd get Rare Replay if you guys played games as kids tons of classics in there. I also believe Grand Theft Auto 5 is a very popular choice.

My best choices, generalizing you as new to Xbox and not just wanting to play online shooters or very long single player RPG's, I'd try Steep, Rocket League, Dead Rising 4, Xcom 2, Any Lego Game, Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat XL and in near future South Park Fractured but Whole, Yooka-Laylee, or Guardians of the Galaxy by Telltale.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15  Edited By narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I'll recommend Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition.