This topic is locked from further discussion.

unmach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 unmach
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

I was actually planning on buying it, as early on people were lumping it in with Bioshock. But I just finished the demo on live, is this a joke? Let's get the 1st thing out of the way, why does it look like crap? It looks like a ps2 game (nothing wrong w ps2, but its supposed to be 'next gen') It was actually hard to stand the sore eyes just long enough to finish the demo. There was a crappy game for the ps1 called nightmare creatures, thats what jericho reminded me of.

So what did you guys think? Anyone still buying this that HAS played the demo?

13wanderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 13wanderer
Member since 2005 • 317 Posts
i'm definately going to get it. (PS I liked the demo)
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Huh? This is one of the best looking 360 games. You need to go back and experience a PS2 game if you think Jericho looks like one.

Anyways, I thought it was great and I'm getting it.

snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 snackdaddy
Member since 2006 • 2122 Posts

I was actually planning on buying it, as early on people were lumping it in with Bioshock. But I just finished the demo on live, is this a joke? Let's get the 1st thing out of the way, why does it look like crap? It looks like a ps2 game (nothing wrong w ps2, but its supposed to be 'next gen') It was actually hard to stand the sore eyes just long enough to finish the demo. There was a crappy game for the ps1 called nightmare creatures, thats what jericho reminded me of.

So what did you guys think? Anyone still buying this that HAS played the demo?

unmach

I too was amazingly underwhelmed by this sorry excuse for a game.

Tom1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tom1243
Member since 2006 • 3034 Posts
It played well too slow. There were cool bits like the part going down the well an what not. But the graphics were lame, felt like a rail shooter, i was really disapointed tbh.
Avatar image for therealdolemike
therealdolemike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 therealdolemike
Member since 2005 • 128 Posts
i thought it looked good. but the game play is questionable. it could be semi fun game
edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
I payed for it in full when i pre-ordered :( I thought it was gonna be great. I hope your first impressions are wrong
unmach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 unmach
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts
Alright cool, thx for not flaming me. I hope I am wrong, and the gameplay to me was fine, I love any kind of shooter. It was just the appearance. It seemed like everything (the walls and floor) had this glistening look, like it was supposed to be wet or something. To me it looked like a visual defect, and caused the pixels to move around, even when my character was standing still. I know, ps2 was an exaggeration :) Also did anyone feel that switching between characters will make the story a little cheap? It's not like you can really connect with the main character when your constantly switching between 3 players.
GothIQa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 GothIQa
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts
I got the same reaction, is this a joke? It looked like crap, and the voiceacting was extremely bad.
mtbrdude87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mtbrdude87
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts
The last game Clive Barker put his name on was Undying, which came out in 1999 using the Unreal Tournament engine. It is THE single scariest game in history. I'm hoping Jericho will turn out to be a lot scarier than the demo. Perhaps this will be a rent-before-you-buy game.