Jasper Chip Set...HELP??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hAwKsGyRl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hAwKsGyRl
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
How can you identify an XBOX 360 with the Jasper Chip Set before purchasing and without having to actually open the package? Does anyone happen to know?
wii60_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 wii60_3
Member since 2007 • 2017 Posts
Falcon chip jasper chip what's the difference
hAwKsGyRl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hAwKsGyRl
I've just heard that the Jasper Chip Set is supposed to be even a little bit better than the falcon chip set is. I just don't know how to find out if one has it before purchasing it for my boyfriend.
Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Gen-Gawl
Member since 2004 • 3925 Posts

Falcon chip jasper chip what's the differencewii60_3

Flacon has a 65nm cpu and a 90nm gpu. a Jasper has 65nm both. It's supposed to run much cooler.

PocketSled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PocketSled
Member since 2008 • 163 Posts
jasper chip has not been released yet
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

how about u call microsoft an ask?

idk but jasper chips are suppous to start being in the augest or sept 08 models

destef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 destef
Member since 2004 • 435 Posts
I just basically posted the same question. Wish I would have seen yours first. You used to be able to look at the stickers on the side of the box and it would give the wattage of the system. I checked a few today and they no longer have the wattage listed. Supposedly the Jasper is to have wattage below 175.
skrillalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 skrillalover
Member since 2003 • 1348 Posts
yeah you have to look on the actual power brick now to see the wattage. i am waiting till they release the jaspers as well. i figure we will start seeing them at the end of this month. microsoft isnt going to announce anything though, they want people buying now, not waiting.
ravenmacblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ravenmacblade
here's an article I found that myt help Now for the information you really want, and probably what drew you to this article in the first place. How to spot a Jasper-equipped 360 in the wild?! There are a few ways to determine that you PROBABLY have a Jasper, such as Lot # and Manufacture Date, but the sure-fire way is simple, and doesn't even require you to open the box. Microsoft included a side window in the retail box that allows clerks to scan the serial number when selling a 360. Look in this window, and search for 12.1A next to the 12V power requirement. It'll be on the left, and may be hidden at first, but try shifting the box around a bit, or even poke a finger in the window to shift things around. You may only see the 12.1A, but that's enough. 12.1A on the 12V rail means it has the 65nm GPU/CPU die, i.e. Jasper. FYI, it'll actually read "12,1" (comma instead of period). 14,2 = Falcon/Opus, and 16,5 = Xenon/Zephyr. Also, from what I've read, if you're ordering online (like I did), then the new Arcade bundle ($199 retail price) seems to be the surest way to get a Jasper