is xbox 360 even worth buying?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mindblow87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mindblow87
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts

ive heard ALOT about system over heating..is that over now ? or is that not over until the 45nm chip is put in 2009

also..what are the cool things you can do on it more or better than the playstation 3?

any info would be appreciated, thanks alot guys for your time.

JoshChambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoshChambers
Member since 2004 • 1646 Posts

its the best system on the market. There are some hardware issues still but the falcon chips are out now and hopefully will fix that.

Regardless, it has the best games out right now and your only cheating yourself if you dont get a 360. You can either sit back and let us all have fun or join in.

kingobaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 kingobaid
Member since 2006 • 1399 Posts

the overheating thing is reduced dramatically and the RRoD is present and not as much as before.

the online is better even thoguh you have to pay for it.

you can download HD movies and they have most of the latest ones. i think the games are better like

Halo 3, Gears of War, Mass Effect, and stuff

its a greatsystem

TMontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 TMontana1004
Member since 2007 • 4537 Posts
Well the failure has been reduced, but to be sure, I would wait for the 45nm chips. What is better about the 360 is of course it is known for it's amazing game line-up, great online service, it is a Window's Media Center Extender, it has a very comfortable controller, endless amounts of downloads thanks to digital distribution, etc. I'd say it's diverse game library is the main reason any gamer should get one.
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
If you buy a game console to play the best games, then yes.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

ive heard ALOT about system over heating..is that over now ? or is that not over until the 45nm chip is put in 2009

also..what are the cool things you can do on it more or better than the playstation 3?

any info would be appreciated, thanks alot guys for your time.

mindblow87

yes, buy it...and if you want info...check into gamespot more or use google

xsqmko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 xsqmko
Member since 2004 • 517 Posts

Do u want to wait till 2009???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I mean man, long time till then and no guarantee that RROD will be gone........

if u get an x360 with waranity then it will be better.

In my country i got 3 years waranity and if something happens with my console, like RROD, they will give me a new one right away, no repairs just a new one, so i'm ok with it.

The future never sounds perfect, tchh, 2009 xD.

IppotheFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IppotheFighter
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
Depends it will break that is a guarantee.Also if you like fps then this the system for you.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
For one, it's got the best game library on the market. Xbox Live reigns supreme when it comes to online play. Marketplace is also a plus, with the ability to download games, watch videos and movies, and listen to music. It's got some hardware problems but I haven't seen anything abnormal with mine yet (owned a 360 for a year and a half). Get one, you won't find anything better.
grayoldwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 grayoldwolf
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts

Mate, just buy it now.

Chances are you will never experience the RROD - it's blown way out of proportion because people who get it scream about it on forums, people who I do feel bad for but am somewhat sick of listening to. Added to that, you get all the childish fanboys of other consoles claiming to be 360 owners with the RROD. I've had my 360 almost since launch (manufacturing date 12/15/05) and I've never had the RROD.

Yes, it was a problem. But it wasn't quite as bad as some would have you believe, and it has been mostly fixed now. Even if you are unlucky and your Falcon gets the RROD, you have a three year warranty for free. MS will fix it and have it back to you in less than four weeks.

Are you going to miss out on some of the best games ever made because you might have a technical failure that will inconvenience you for a month at most? Or are you going to get yourself a 360 right now?

To_Ashes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 To_Ashes
Member since 2006 • 549 Posts
It will be the best experience of your life. Go for it, you will have no regrets.
jphillips1868

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 jphillips1868
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts

Xbox live is extremely well done. Lots of trials for games, downloadable extra content, integrated connections with other players, contests, acheivement points, and download movies and tv shows. This really sets it apart from the others.

There are some solid games for the system.

Personally, I really like PC for strategy games and the 360 for fps and sports.

I highly recommend it. I might wait a few months though to see if an internal blue ray version will released. Otherwise, go get yourself an elite. At a minimum, get a version with a harddrive. Its worth it.

cody3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cody3232
Member since 2007 • 877 Posts
Yeah i have a ps3 (pretty much for dmc4,mgs4, and final fantasy) already and am thinking about getting a 360 as well. And i heard that they are putting in chip can't rember what for but it is not supposed to overheat as much. I this true/ when is it going to happen if it is.
stillmatic-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stillmatic-
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts
The real question is, are you worthy of buying it?
rocketman001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 rocketman001
Member since 2007 • 874 Posts
Yes it's definitely worth getting