Is Unreal Tournement 3 worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

G-mann07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 G-mann07
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts

I have been thinking about putting a pre-order in for this game. And i was wondering what some ppl think the game will turn out to be like. Also if you pre-order you get a face plate OOOO lmfao but any thoughts here. Will the game have a split screen with Al computer players too. Story be worth it. Tell me What you think about it.

thz in advance

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
The story isn't good from what i heard. Which is pretty much like most shooters. I'd say wait for reviews before you pre-order it. I'm gonna get it for the multiplayer and i'm pretty excited to see how it turns out. I've heard plenty of bad things about the ps3 version so i'm not hyping the game.
1234597link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 1234597link
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts
if you like Multiplayer fastpaced games with Instant action choice (play against bots)
CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#4 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts
Pick it up if your a fan of fast paced shooters. I don't see the 360 version having a big community though with BFBC already out.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 craigalan23

Pick it up if your a fan of faced paced shooters. I don't see the 360 version having a big community though with BFBC already out.CRUSHER88

Some people prefer Sci-fi shooters and i'm getting both.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#6 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

[QUOTE="CRUSHER88"]Pick it up if your a fan of faced paced shooters. I don't see the 360 version having a big community though with BFBC already out.craigalan23

lol I managed to put faced instead of fast. The problem I see with UT3 on Xbox 360 is that its not getting any hype or advertising. On the other end, BFBC is popping up in every little spot possible.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 craigalan23
[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

[QUOTE="CRUSHER88"]Pick it up if your a fan of faced paced shooters. I don't see the 360 version having a big community though with BFBC already out.CRUSHER88

lol I managed to put faced instead of fast. The problem I see with UT3 on Xbox 360 is that its not getting any hype or advertising. On the other end, BFBC is popping up in every little spot possible.

True but i think UT3 will have a good sized community. Not the largest but if it turns out well it'll still be pretty big.

Madbhal402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Madbhal402
Member since 2008 • 612 Posts
[QUOTE="CRUSHER88"][QUOTE="craigalan23"]

[QUOTE="CRUSHER88"]Pick it up if your a fan of faced paced shooters. I don't see the 360 version having a big community though with BFBC already out.craigalan23

True but i think UT3 will have a good sized community. Not the largest but if it turns out well it'll still be pretty big.

Yea UT 3 will have good Sized Community. But think of it like this If UT 3 doesnt have a Huge community It wont have lots of little Kids messing up the games like they do In Halo 3, COD4, or Gears of war.

ThexTruexNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ThexTruexNinja
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts

I have been thinking about putting a pre-order in for this game. And i was wondering what some ppl think the game will turn out to be like. Also if you pre-order you get a face plate OOOO lmfao but any thoughts here. Will the game have a split screen with Al computer players too. Story be worth it. Tell me What you think about it.

thz in advance

G-mann07

are you nstupid?

Hatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Hatefish2
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts
Honestly most of the people who are UT fans are also the same kind of people that will hate BFBC, there will be a community and if there isn't I've lost faith in console gamers.
briantw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 briantw
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Well, if you aren't going to play it online, I probably wouldn't recommend getting it. The UT series has always been an online-focused one, and if you just play single-player with bots, you can still have fun, but it's not nearly the same as playing online against real people.

If you are going to play it online, I would definitely recommend it. I've got it for the PS3 and it's a hell of a lot of fun. There are quite a few game modes, a ton of maps, it's very fast-paced and fun, and the weapons (as always) are great.Oh, and the vehicles are even more ridiculously awesome than they were in UT2K4, and the vehicles in that game put those in the Halo series to shame.

I think that UT3 will have a smaller community (due to the sheer wealth of other solid shooters on the 360), but the community will definitely be there. After all, even lesser known games like Team Fortress 2 have dedicated communties that are still every active every day.

lightdarksamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lightdarksamus
Member since 2006 • 264 Posts

not sure man but if you want a good community the pc one is the best because of all of the mods.

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

[QUOTE="CRUSHER88"]Pick it up if your a fan of faced paced shooters. I don't see the 360 version having a big community though with BFBC already out.CRUSHER88

haha faced paced... that gave me a good laugh

anyways is UT3 out already?

Hatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Hatefish2
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts

not sure man but if you want a good community the pc one is the best because of all of the mods.

lightdarksamus

The PC one is pretty dead...

marcus4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 marcus4hire
Member since 2003 • 2684 Posts

I would rent it first.

I am not sure the console and controller can capture the over-the-top extremely fast paced action that UT2K4 did on the PC. That is the hallmark of the franchise.

xisytenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 xisytenin
Member since 2008 • 407 Posts
I want it, and think its gonna be awesome
w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#17 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
If you want multiplayer, get it :)
boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts
[QUOTE="lightdarksamus"]

Hatefish2

The PC one is pretty dead...

Yes it is...I think UT3 has been a failure so far. Its a good game, it just doesn't bring anything that great to the table anymore. PLUS they got rid of 'assault' mode...JERKS! That was my favorite.