Is there a way to change your gamer picture without having to pay?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

03105moit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 03105moit
Member since 2005 • 316 Posts

Hey i just got my xbox 360 a few weeks ago and ive been using the gamer pictures that came with the console and they all suck. Is there a way that i can upload a picture of my own, like a custom picture - or are they all needed to be downloaded from xbox live marketplace for a rediculous amount of money. ($2 isnt much but i dont want to pay money for a dam picture)Thanks.

XboxOwnsPs3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 XboxOwnsPs3
Member since 2007 • 397 Posts
well i got like a million gamerpics all of which were mainly free (except i bought 1 hitman pack) when u look through the marketplace and hit themes n gamerpics, select genres and then movies and all em 4 basically free. Also others that are free are "aids" like theres doritos, discoverey channel etc.
SoralinkGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#3 SoralinkGS
Member since 2005 • 3626 Posts

well i got like a million gamerpics all of which were mainly free (except i bought 1 hitman pack) when u look through the marketplace and hit themes n gamerpics, select genres and then movies and all em 4 basically free. Also others that are free are "aids" like theres doritos, discoverey channel etc. XboxOwnsPs3

its "ads" not "aids", but pretty much what this guy states is what you should do.

cinemax237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 cinemax237
Member since 2005 • 390 Posts
If you get the xbox live vision camera you can take a picture of anything and add it as a pic but only those on your friends list can see that pic. But yea if you want free pics you can get them on live like they said.
XboxOwnsPs3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XboxOwnsPs3
Member since 2007 • 397 Posts

SoralinkGS

its "ads" not "aids", but pretty much what this guy states is what you should do.

aha im an idiot lol

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts

Yeah you can take a picture of yourself with the camera and make it your person gamerpicture. Only your friends will see it.

moocow88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 moocow88
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
I only had Xbox Live for a month and hardly used it, but I think if you login to the Xbox Live website from your computer you can upload your own image. I may be wrong though. It's been a while.
deathshand707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deathshand707
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts
ya somewhere in market place ther a free pics i got mine free and it was a halo pack too
SnipeyMcSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SnipeyMcSnipe
Member since 2006 • 2010 Posts

My current one is Peter from Family Guy. Didn't pay a......point.

Benjamin-T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Benjamin-T
Member since 2006 • 1029 Posts
there are free ones out there, but they'll probably suck as much as the ones that come for free (my logic, unless the item is on special, the cheaper the product, the crappier the product.). If you're a fan of whatever, you most likely have to pay.
Avatar image for ICollegeStudent
ICollegeStudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ICollegeStudent
Member since 2007 • 655 Posts
some games will give you gamer pictuure is you unlock certain achievements. in gears, beat it in insane and you get a new gears logo as a gamer pic. also if youre subscribed to OXM use the demos they have constantly to unlock thier gamer pic. form the game demos.
elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
There's plenty of free ones in the Marketplace, or you could get a Vision cam.