is the 360 worth it

This topic is locked from further discussion.

biggamerhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#1 biggamerhk
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
I was just wondering if you think I should get a 360 at this point in time. yeah, it has a ton of good games and stuff, and great online. so, do you think it is worth getting one? whats ur opinion? thanks!
Dead_Prophecy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dead_Prophecy
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts
Yes, Xbox Live alone makes the 360 worth it.
NicotineKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NicotineKid
Member since 2006 • 1475 Posts

I was just wondering if you think I should get a 360 at this point in time. yeah, it has a ton of good games and stuff, and great online. so, do you think it is worth getting one? whats ur opinion? thanks!biggamerhk
Didn't you just answer your own question? Tons of good games and stuff, and great online...

dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts
Easily very worth it.
perfection1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 perfection1000
Member since 2006 • 1205 Posts
dude, you know that this is the 360 forum so obviously everyone (including me) is gonna say the 360 is worth it. Its got live, games and other really cool stuff you don't want to miss out on.
Pirate19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pirate19
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I'll be the first sceptic of the group here.  I have had my 360 for about 5 months now and until now it's been great.  The games are sweet and live works well.  But two weeks ago it got the red ring of death.  So I did my research and found out that about 60% of all 360's have had this problem.  Sure, Microsoft pays for it and takes care of shipping...but this process takes weeks.  Mying broke two days before Halo 3 came out and I'll have to wait for at least two more weeks before it gets back.  So when it's working, the 360 is a BAMF...but are you willing to accept month long repair hassles in the life of your console? Personally, I think a good console should have no need for an indicator light that indicates a catastrophic failure in the first place...because catastrophic failures just shouldn't happen.  
Prosgood games and lots of themlive works well and is funhalo
ConsUnreliability - this is really my only con...but I think people would agree that it's the biggest factor.  If a console doesn't work, than the good things like games, live, and yes even halo become worthless.
bigboy2092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bigboy2092
Member since 2005 • 1113 Posts
someone please ban the OP, he is obiously a troll. oh please..
gdogghenrikson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 gdogghenrikson
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts

Yes, Xbox Live alone makes the 360 worth it.Dead_Prophecy

totally!!

tsylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tsylord
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts

[QUOTE="biggamerhk"]I was just wondering if you think I should get a 360 at this point in time. yeah, it has a ton of good games and stuff, and great online. so, do you think it is worth getting one? whats ur opinion? thanks!NicotineKid

Didn't you just answer your own question? Tons of good games and stuff, and great online...

lol

xbxman82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xbxman82
Member since 2007 • 330 Posts
seriously get a 360 and enjoy it cause final fantasy 13 is coming and so is mgs4 squareenix said themselves that ff13 is running on a multiprocessor which means that it can run on a 360 with no problems
Futien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Futien
Member since 2006 • 422 Posts

dude, you know that this is the 360 forum so obviously everyone (including me) is gonna say the 360 is worth it. Its got live, games and other really cool stuff you don't want to miss out on.perfection1000

ya a while back i questioned this statement, i have come to the conclusion that these people already really want it and just want others to say nice stuff about it to push them out the door and get it, unless they think people in a 360 forum are gonna not be biased... but im not gonna think that because i like to think humanity would realize simple stuff like this

Zearon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zearon1
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts
The Xbox 360 is the best console ever if you ask me so I would definetly buy it, its got the technolgy, it definetly got the games and its definetly got the lasting appeal. Buy it you wont be disappointed
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#13 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
it is a great system its worth it just dont expect movie like graphics all the time and youd be fine ,,, i dont even play online but it still is fun bc it has its own variety in games, unlike ps3, which has what ps2 and 1 had ,,, its also worth mentioning paying 600 for a wii and 360 is better then paying 600 for a ps3 alone,,,, great games great online dls the only thing it does lack is backwards capabilities well most of it ,,, games like timesplitters driver still havent been added
JiMMay4ShiZZay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JiMMay4ShiZZay
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts
i love nintendo and have all of their current systems and most of the old ones, but if i could have one console it would be the 360.
roan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 roan23
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts
i bought mine the same day i bought halo 3. sept 27, all i can said is " it's worth it"
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

seriously get a 360 and enjoy it cause final fantasy 13 is coming and so is mgs4 squareenix said themselves that ff13 is running on a multiprocessor which means that it can run on a 360 with no problems xbxman82

That is a flat out lie. Kojima himself said no MGS4 for X360. Even Peter Moore at E3 said no MGS4. And I guess you didn't watch the FF13 movie at TGS because at the end of the movie it said "FOR PS3 ONLY" in bold letters.

Your not helping to build X360 credibility by giving people false information.

Back on topic, I think if you are willing to accept the risks of hardware failure and the cost of subscribing to live and don't need any extra features such as wifi, ever want to upgrade the Harddrive or HD movies then X360 is a good way to go. Especially if you like the games out and coming out for X360. If you want the extras then PS3 becomes the best way to go. What I would do is look at whats coming out for both systems over the next year or two and see which one has the games you like. And that's just a personal choice you have to make for yourself.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Yeah it's worth it get it now. It's finally the time when all the good games are starting to come out.

Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts

Dude why do come to the 360 forums asking people if you should buy a 360. Why do ask people questions that you already know what they are going to say. No don't buy a 360, go buy urself a ps3. Give it a few months you will have longer games on the ps3 because of blu-ray. Yeah take it from me if they put Blue Dragon on the Ps3 it will only take one disk, not three. Reason that UT3 delay is that the content for the 360 has to cutten down due to disk size. Ps3 will have more content on it because of the Blu-ray. Thats one person saying something else for a change. As for online play, the community on halo 3 is seperated into like 5 different groups. You got that lame casual gamer that has no mic, The over privliged child who trash talks even when losing, You have the adults who trash talk after the game, You got the achievement hunters and you got the scene kid or emo kid that tells people to get a life. There I just told you a small description of each person. Do me a favor, and go buy something else by the time its christmas, you will have nothing but small children playing halo 3 or w/e.

gimlifn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 gimlifn
Member since 2005 • 621 Posts
Yes its for sure worth it. I have a 360 and PS3 and they are both worth every penny. 
will477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 will477
Member since 2003 • 117 Posts

I have no regrets about getting my 360. I would definately recommend it. In terms of variety of games and a great gaming experience, I believe that it can only be beat by a high end PC connected to a very good display. I say this becasuemany of the great games for the xbox also come out on PC (i.e. Bioshock, Gears of War, Madden, Halo 1/2, etc.)can also be played on PC. However, if you want to have a PC that runs these games better than the xbox (in terms of graphics), you will probably need spend at least $1200 (and up to $5000 is not unthinkable...just look at some Alienware computers!). So, for an optimal gaming experience, you might want to spend $600 on a xbox and a couple of games. Then you might still find room in your budget for a nice HD display. I got a great 32 inch 1080i display with an extended warrenty for under $800.

Depending on your budget, I wouldrate gaming experiencessomething like this. Of course, this only lists a few options, but it gives a general idea of my opinion. It focuses on PC vs Xbox, since in my opinion, these are the two most competitive options for the bestgaming experience.Options are ranked worst to best, which also coincides with leat expensive to most expensive:

1. Xbox 360, normal TV

2. 360, HD display with HD picture from component or VGA(+surrond sound, if possible)

3. 360 elite, HD display hooked up via HDMI (+surrond sound, if possible)

4. High end PC, good monitor (+surrond sound, if possible)

5. High end PC, HD display hooked up via HDMI (+surrond sound, if possible)

6.PC (with dual 8800 GTX via NVidia sli, Quad processor, 4+ GB memory)AND Xbox 360 Elite (you can play either) both hooke dup via HDMito an HD 1080p projector with 7.1 surround sound played on a 120+ inch screen (if you can afford this, you can probably do whatever the hell you want in terms of gaming since you are looking at least $15000)...

7) You buy Microsoft and hire Bungie to makes games for your own private IMAX size gaming theater (Hey, dreaming is allowed). I don't even know if this exists in real life...

I guess I got carried away. Anway, I think a 360 is a great buy if you want to spend less than $2000 for a gaming experience (including display and sound).