Is the 360 picking up steam?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts
I check VG Charts every now and then just to see how the consoles are doing. A while ago the PS3 looked like it finally was outselling the 360, and according to my calculations it would have outsold the 360 in 2020. But now the 360 is selling much better then the PS3... even in Japan. So where do you think this growth is comming from? Are meanstream gamers replacing their Wii's or are there really hardcore gamers left without a 360/PS3?
chcknbopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 chcknbopper
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts
I never knew it lost any "steam" :0
Knubbz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Knubbz360
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
I'd assume it's because Microsoft is expanding their marketing plan. Like you said, they've been trying to sell well in Japan since the first Xbox and now they're succeeding to a certain degree. Now, with the new dashboard update coming, they're trying to get more casual gamers and people that normally wouldn't use an xbox(one of the marketing advisors of Microsoft uses his wife as an example)to get involved with the xbox to sell more units. If they're whole plan works I could easily see the 360 being the dominate console all over the world.
ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ronnet

I never knew it lost any "steam" :0chcknbopper

I'm not sure if your just making fun of the expression orare really asking a question. In June,July and August the 360 wasn't selling a lot anymore. PS3 sold almost twice as much and since the PS3 never really sold a lot that was an incredible low number. Now they sell more then whatw as normal in 2006 - 2007.

Avatar image for I_play_rockband
I_play_rockband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 I_play_rockband
Member since 2008 • 169 Posts
I feel Price Cuts are a main reason for all the units sold. Plus The Wii has really died down since you can find them now.
Ironachillesz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ironachillesz
Member since 2008 • 54 Posts
with all the press surrounding a couple of the xbox titles namely gears for one I think people are gearing up for this holiday season but a couple of my friends (myself including) are savein up for a PS3 what with the free network the blue-ray player and a couple other nice features. So to answer your question yea the 360 is picking up steam but I think it's going to be a transitional thing what with the fall season coming up.(keep in mind all of this is just opinion)
ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ronnet

I feel Price Cuts are a main reason for all the units sold. Plus The Wii has really died down since you can find them now. I_play_rockband

Obviously that's the reason but who bought it? Wii owners that got bored or hardcore gamers who played on xbox/ps2?

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
well the price cuts plus amazing game selection are driving it up i truly believe that if rrod didnt exist the ps3 wouldnt be a contender at all most people i talk to in real life who have a ps3 over a 360 complain about the 360 breaking its common knowledge thats keeping the 360 from reaching its full potential
Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
lol yes im 15 ... rofl mkay bye since people utter such rediculous garbage no point in futher commenting on this topic.