is splinter cell conviction worth playing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for diegosanchezMMA
diegosanchezMMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 diegosanchezMMA
Member since 2010 • 830 Posts

i have only played the first splinter cell made, have not since

i was considering buying conviction, its 17.99 used, and was just asking what you guys think of the game?

is it worth my time? or should i just start playing mass effect

LtDan1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LtDan1989
Member since 2008 • 235 Posts

It's definately worth playing although Mass Effect is way better. Splinter Cell is enjoyable but if you played the previous games you'll realize that a lot has changed. You can no longer drag body's into the dark nor is the game no long stealth based. Most of the game you can blow by running and gunning, and timing guards routes no longer matters. With that said it's still a great experience, the same voicecast is back and the story is pretty interesting. There are some pretty cool new features such as interrogation which you can interact with the room you are interrogating your victim in... such as smash his face on a urinal until it breaks. lol But It's worth $17 definately, just don't be dissapointed if it doesn't live up to the older titles.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Totally worth playing, especially if you enjoyed the first game. My advice is to get Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory too: they are original xbox games and they are compatible with the xbox 360. Double Agent is also pretty good
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Hell yeah. SC:C is very fun.
Outlaw-KDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Outlaw-KDogg
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

Before you touch Conviction, PLAY CHAOS THEORY !!!!

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts
I would really recommend playing the other games first. It will make a lot more sense about why Sam behaves the way he does in Conviction. There are certain things that happen to main characters (Lambert, Grimsdotter) in the games leading up to Conviction that you would need to know about. Conviction will be really confusing without the back-story. I know this is the Xbox forum, but there are releasing a SC collection disc for PS3 with the first three games at some point with updated graphics and whatnot. If you have a PS3 you could wait for that, or just get them via Live as someone suggested.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

It's definately worth playing although Mass Effect is way better. Splinter Cell is enjoyable but if you played the previous games you'll realize that a lot has changed. You can no longer drag body's into the dark nor is the game no long stealth based. Most of the game you can blow by running and gunning, and timing guards routes no longer matters. With that said it's still a great experience, the same voicecast is back and the story is pretty interesting. There are some pretty cool new features such as interrogation which you can interact with the room you are interrogating your victim in... such as smash his face on a urinal until it breaks. lol But It's worth $17 definately, just don't be dissapointed if it doesn't live up to the older titles.

LtDan1989
That's like saying a Corvette is good, but a Eurocopter is better. There's no way to compare them. Anyhow, yea it's a pretty darn good game, especially in co-op.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
It's worth it. I enjoyed the campaign, but never played any of the co-op missions.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes I like it well enough.

NintendoAlly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 NintendoAlly
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
It is worth playing because of all the action, Story, graphics and how the story backtracks. The only downside is that every hunting mission is at night so your screen is black and white since your in the dark.
Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Yep it is an awesome game.Pity there isn't more DLC for it.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Please use the Game Recommendation Thread when asking what game to play.